• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Signature Rules & Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    XD You call that reasoning? "It breaks the rules if you add another"? So if something is highly illogical, like selling half an orange for 5 bucks, instead of an entire one for a few cents, you're just gonna go, "Oh, well, it breaks the rules, and we can't bend them, sorry! Here's your half-orange, are you gonna buy it or not?" and not even think about why you have those rules? It's nice that you won't bend them for me, but you have missed the point here: you have not actually given me a reason why six simple Pokemon sprites would be a problem on an Internet forum signature. [/QUOTE
    The reason why we have said rules is so that members are not allowed to go around the boards with huge signatures which are distracting, take up bandwidth and unneeded to begin with. Signatures pose one reason; to display small amounts of information at the end of your post. The 6 sprites are an issue because they go over the limit. Now if you were to choose 6 sprites from previous genres (which are smaller images) or put 3 on top and 3 on bottom, then that would be fine. But arguing with the rules is completely irrational. This board has thousands of active members and is a very large forum in retrospect, we need said rules to keep order as well as be considerate towards other members. They are not there to annoy people who want 6 sprites from Pokémon Black and White, they are there for said reasons which were mentioned at the start of my post. It's a forum signature as you say, not a big deal; so don't make it out to be. There are alternatives, I've already given you two.

This isn't about me wanting to bend rules for the sake of bending them and not heeding to them because I'm ~*~such a rebel~*~. In fact, I never asked you to, you assumed that I did, just like you will probably assume that my reply is equivalent to flaming, trolling, or simply being difficult. Look at my profile, I'm not 13 yo. I'm the same age as you, pretty much, and I'd like to know the reason for this rule. Since when is "Just because. We made the rules, live with it" an explanation? Some things do not need to be explained (e.g. you can't use a 800x600 image in your sig because that's effin' huge), but others do.

I've given you reasoning. But in your previous paragraph you outlined an example saying that not following rules is something that should be done from time to time, like selling an orange. So, you're kind of encouraging me and staff to let you break rules, and no, I don't think it's for the sake of it. You've just assumed much more of me than I have of you. Nor do I think this is trolling or flaming or anything like what you have mentioned. It is fine that you've thrown out your queries, but that is what this thread is for. The reasoning is in my first post, it doesn't matter to me what age you are, but I know you understand that we're obligated to keep some bit of order, otherwise the forum would be less appealing. If others do have large signatures, and you see them breaking rules, report them. Staff will disable their signature if it is too large.

But hey, I guess you (and every other mod, if they too assume that I'm just being a hardass) just surf through life doing everything you're told, never questioning anything, and coming up with rules without giving explanations. I guess I should know better than to question your perfect rules and the reason for their perfect existence. My mistake, it won't happen again. I'll just run along now and be another mindless drone in the forum, don't mind me. *transforms into a Mareep* Baahhh, bahhh! I'll go join the sheep flock now plz.

And again, you're the one making the assumptions. But no, in fact, I don't. See the signature rules? Some of those were written up by myself as well as other staff members, therefore, we do not always follow rules blindly, but make them. Along with our sections rules. Life has nothing to do with this, nor do I associate what I do with my life to what I do on a forum, they are completely different and I do not take the internet so seriously that I would blend the two. It's a signature, you've just written 4 paragraphs because I said that you couldn't have a 6th sprite. Put 3 on top, 3 on bottom, and it's fine.

EDIT:

Er, it seems this was missed, so I'll make sure it's understood: my inquiry isn't about having all the sprites in a certain position, but about not being allowed to have all six. As in, I'm asking why I can't have six of them if they are, say, left-aligned (like currently) or like three on top and three on bottom, and I didn't mean including the text. I don't need the text, I just had it because it looks pretty or whatever. All I want is the sprites of whatever six Pokemon I have in my team (assuming that I will ever decide on a sixth, which seems unlikely) in my sig, animated or not.

3 on top, 3 on bottom or pick 6 from one of the previous games as they're not so big. End of. If you want your signature checked again, just post asking, that is not an issue.

Please do not continue this discussion here, as you'll begin to go off topic, this more or less is borderline in doing so. If you want to, then PM or VM me I have no problem in speaking to you about your inquiries, but not here where people simple want to just get their signature checked. This is a forum, not a democracy, not a communism, nor anything other than what it is. See it as a forum, and you'll remember that arguments are always, insignificant.
    sweet new rules, not that they're any better then the old one but still....

Your signature is fine.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • So seeing as it's not in the rules anymore, I'm assuming 'lines of text allowed' is no longer a factor? So you could have 20 lines of text now, as long as they fit within the pixel limit?

That said, I am fairly certain that my signature will no longer be allowed, so that isn't my question. My question is about my method of determining if it's okay. Before I'd just check the lines of text and the pixels in the Image Properties. Now, according to my understanding, it'll be allowed if I can fit both the picture and the text into a 600x400 box on Paint?

I just wanted to be sure on that, as I tend to change my signature more often than not, and I don't want to be bugging you guys every time. ^_^

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Yupp, what you've said is correct. But remember, so long as the image is not over 500x300, fit an image up to that size, and text, into 600x400 and you're good to go.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Your signature is fine, but if you want to learn CSS, you should visit this thread as it has many resources.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • can I have mine checked? I'm not quite familiar with the CSS thingy, but, just in case, I'm using the BBcodes for my gpx eggs.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • cerulean15 - the images go over the 300 pixel height limit, and the signature is also too wide with everything put to the left and right (it must be within 600 pixels).
    miltankRancher - the quote box makes it too wide, but otherwise it would be fine.
    The Corrupt Plague - also too wide due to text, but if you pressed enter between every sentence then it should be fine. (Note the 600 pixel width limit).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back