• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silly Bandz

mr. pineapple

huckleberry finn,
Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2010
    An anserine fad probably targeted toward self-conscious individuals who enjoy the vibrant colors Silly Bandz offer. Although annoying, it is an irresistable type of event in which I see no harm in taking part in. In other words, I myself wear ten to twenty a day, depending on my outfit. One of my peers owns more than three-hundred at the moment.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen today
    I guess I don't know any kids/teens IRL so I'm not familiar with these, but now that you mention it, I looked it up and yeah, I now recall seeing bags of them at a grocery store the other day.

Like probably some other people, this reminds me a lot of the 90s, what with all the different wrist-accessory fads throughout that decade. Kinda makes me giggle and shake my head a bit - kids don't really change at all, do they? X3

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
  • I've been out of the US so long that the only way I heard of them was through AOL news posting that some schools were banning them. *lame*

I am too old for that kind of stuff, and I have no interest in it.

Esmas

General
    Years
  • Yes, I've heard of them. And no, I don't have any. It'd be strange for a guy to walk around with them, no? .__.

They look like they would be good for tracing out shapes and then drawing in more details.
    Heh. Tried it. They're way too soft and rubbery :3

Years
  • I have some. Hello kitty, marvel & dc heroes, & Harry potter. I kinda with there where pokemon ones :3

Livinitup17

Pokemon Dealer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2012
    yes i got two, one is lol and another is t rex i got one from a girl and another from a friend extra he had i didnt spend money they just there forget i even wearing them until someone ask what shape it is but i mean there just a accesory its dumb but i mean i got mines for free so i really dont care

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • Mainly the kids I rave with wear them along with their kandii (another type of bracelet).
    I like them, they're pretty cook. Not much of a nuisance.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    Well, I personally think they're kind of stupid but it's not like their existence bothers me or anything. I mean, they aren't shaped like anything once you put them on your arm. o.O I've actually accumulated a collection consisting of two silly bands that I've gotten from girls at my school. Although I hate looking like I'm into trends, I wore them for the rest of the day out of courtesy.

It does, however, make me want to start some sort of lame wrist accessory fad. Maybe I'll tie a whole wad of rope around my wrist and chop off pieces to give to people. Hey, it would be practical. At least you could use it to tie back your curtains or whatever else it is you use rope for.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    i work with kids and boy are these silly bandz trouble the girls throw fits because they get lost or stolen or whatever, they're playing with them during study time, etc . i think the teachers actually started taking them up, which i dont know, when i was that young i thought it was so ridiculous when teachers would ban something as silly as a bracelet but i guess i see where the teachers are coming from xD they're really distracting and troublesome and while the shapes are cute n all i dont get the hype but Kids Will Be Kids

Last edited:

UltimaSilva

Varsity Quarterback
    Years
  • My school has become such a dangerous place with those today. Everyone is making hornets now that sting like crazy, my friend carries a pen gun, and I have a hornet that has a metal point stuck on it that can penetrate a wall! Even better, the teachers don't really care! God my school has gone to the dogs, drug incidents, teachers dying, etc! :badsmile:

Gaelic

No.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2010
    Gee, I have like a trillion. Me and my sister love to trade them and buy like overpriced rubber bands/silly bands/wacky bands/ect. at Hot Topic. Surprisingly, they aren't banned yet like the "I ♥ Boobies" band. And no one flings them around. Only the middle schools and elementary schools banned them but now high schools are being targeted by the distrctttt. So yeah, they're fun and colourful! And they're the only gayest thing I own. :P

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • What do you think of them? Do you have any? I heard some schools banned them or something, so do you like that idea? Has it happened to your school? Do you have any clue what I'm talking about?

Discuss... and stuff.

Maybe I'm showing my age here, but I remember when they banned Tamagotchis, and those damn slap bracelets.

Personally, I think Silly Bandz are incredibly stupid, but who am I to judge? I think it says a lot when a school goes so far as to ban friggen' rubber bands, regardless of their shape. I used to twiddle my pen when I was bored, so I doubt banning Silly Bandz will ever "increase attentiveness", or whatever their reason is.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Maybe I'm showing my age here, but I remember when they banned Tamagotchis, and those damn slap bracelets.

Personally, I think Silly Bandz are incredibly stupid, but who am I to judge? I think it says a lot when a school goes so far as to ban friggen' rubber bands, regardless of their shape. I used to twiddle my pen when I was bored, so I doubt banning Silly Bandz will ever "increase attentiveness", or whatever their reason is.
    i've never understood banning "fashionwear" in high school and middle school, but in elementary schools i can vouch for sillybandz being a ton of trouble. it's not just the amount of distraction it causes, they're EVERYWHERE and there are tantrums being thrown literally constantly over who won't share their sillybandz, who stole their sillybandz, etc. it's a ridiculous nuisance, so the elementary school i work at banned them. certain ages just can't handle those little things. surely by second grade they wouldn't be such an issue they'd have to be banned, but the elementary school i work for just gave up on sillybandz entirely xD

Back