• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    As far as I'm able to tell, Flash Fire's not a cumulative effect. So Heatran's Fire Blast will still be the same base power if you're hit with 1 or 9001 Fire attacks. It's also not the same thing as stat-boosts, so Flash Fire boost stacks on Nasty Plot/Calm Mind.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    As far as I'm able to tell, Flash Fire's not a cumulative effect. So Heatran's Fire Blast will still be the same base power if you're hit with 1 or 9001 Fire attacks. It's also not the same thing as stat-boosts, so Flash Fire boost stacks on Nasty Plot/Calm Mind.

Wait, so it'll stay the same, even with >9000 fire attacks? Incredible! If I had a scouter, I'd break it.

BTW, are all boost lost from a move that CANCELS abilities, like Worry Seed or Gastro Acid?

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Can Tyranitar pull off a good wall set? For example; wall in a stall team.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    Probably the most "defensive" set tar can pull off are the following : -

Tyranitar@leftovers
    252 HP / 252 SP.DEF / 6 DEF
    Careful Nature
    - Curse
    - Crunch
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

CroTar, i still love it. Its best to wear down fighters initially as thats the pretty much only thing that stops this set b(And PHazers) . Great check to Azelf, Heatran etc and can survive a specs Gar Focus Blast if need be. (No garbage aka its a bad sleep absorber, like "but breloom beetz it !!11", this is where you use prediction and by that logic Milotic and Suicune are bad sleep absorbers too =).)

Or

Tyranitar@Leftovers / Lum berry
    252 HP / 216 SP.DEF / 42 sp.att
    Sassy Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Toxic / Thunderwave
    - Ice Beam / Fire Blast / Earthquake / Stone Edge
    - Crunch

Drugged up Support tar.

Toxic sinks bulky ground/water switch ins, whilst T-Wave goes "lol noob" at lucario and other sweepers that would like to come in.

The third slot is up to what you want to hit. Ice Beam for stuff like Hippowdon, Gliscor, mence etc. Fire Blast smacks steels types about *Im looking at you Zong* aswell as Heracross. Earthquake allows you to hit Heatran harder than anything else or you can just shove Stone Edge in for STAB.

If you use a physical attack instead of a special attack, put the special attack evs in attack.

Lum Berry if its leading. Expert Belt could be cool, but i found lum berry and Leftovers better.

This also by coincidence is a great set in ubers as its good to smack around Lati@s, Mewtwo (since it survives a Calm mind/specs Aura Sphere), CM Darkrai, Lugia etc =p.

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2008
    Pokemon EV Training Questsions(Not covered in articles)

I'm aware that using exp. share works for EV training, but does the pokemon holding exp. share still receive EV points if the pokemon fighting can no longer receive EV points(Already at 510)?

Also should I catch my pokemon on my brother's game and trade them to myself in order to level faster?

I read an article that said I shouldn't use traded pokemon since I won't be able to get all of the EVs before hitting 100, I highly doubt this is true, but I would just like to clear this up.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    This sort of question belongs in the Strategies and Move Sets forum under the "Simple Q&A" thread.

*Moves & Merges*

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Does Black Sludge give more HP recovery to Poison types than Lefies or are they the same?

The recovery rate is the same, the only advantage is that it miffs pokes carrying trick/switcheroo.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Eh, but Leftovers is preferred because the opponent can just Trick the Black sludge onto another Pokemon on your team. :x

Recovery rate is the same.

Years
    I'm aware that using exp. share works for EV training, but does the pokemon holding exp. share still receive EV points if the pokemon fighting can no longer receive EV points(Already at 510)?
    You still get EVs on the EXP Share Poke.
    Also should I catch my pokemon on my brother's game and trade them to myself in order to level faster?
    Pokemon that are bred are usually better, anyway, but you can still lv them up otherwise, it's just slower. You only really need them 50+
    I read an article that said I shouldn't use traded pokemon since I won't be able to get all of the EVs before hitting 100, I highly doubt this is true, but I would just like to clear this up.
    They will NOT reach Lv100 before they are finished. They are only getting 0.5x exp from EXP Share.

Maria Santos

*wink* enjoy your death! ^_^
    Years
    I have a question about the Pokemon ability "Quick Feet".

Does the ability cause your speed to be doubled or just increased by 1.5x?

Serebii claims it is doubled but other people I ask say its juts a scarf boost. Who is right?

Thanks in advance!

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    Does using spikes or toxic spikes or stealth rock more than once increase their damage?

Spikes yes, you can set 3 layers. Does 12.5% damage with one layer, 18.75% damage with two layers, and 25% damage with three layers.

Toxic spikes yes, 2 layers and the second layer badly poisons the foe as opposed to one layer just doing "normal" poison damage.

Stealth Rock, nope, just once.

^__^

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    On my trainer card, it lists my wins and losses in "linked battles." It also records my linked trades and number of times linked.

Does this refer to WiFi, Wireless, or both?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back