• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

p.hant0m

Studier of ancient legends.
    Years
    I'm not the expert but...
    Lefties! :D
    I thought that it would help out with the hp loss from sub.

My question.
    I have an Agron level 83 that I'm working on getting to level 100.
    I currently have it looking like this.
    Nature:Careful
    Stats: 220 hp/ 06 atk/311 def/105 sp.atk/123 sp.def/103 speed
    Ability:Rock Head(Which right now is completely useless!)
    Item:None but i need suggestions.

Moveset
    • Stone Edge-Against, well, It's useful. Right?
    • Earthquake-Against his peers like Rhyperior.
    • Metal Burst-Garchomp WILL outspeed me with no polish so this is for me surviving the Earthquake or whatever.
    • Rock Polish-To able him to sweep.
    I need some suggestions for him on items and anything that needs some work as well as the moveset.

Last edited:

Detox

um...he needs to be trashed completley...try this

aggron @ expert belt/life orb
    jolly if you want more speed,adamant for power
    252 atk, 126def,126 sp. def(or shove 252 into sp.def) 6 hp

rock polish
    earthquake/iron head
    ice punch
    stone edge/rock slide/substitute

this should give you more ability to sweep

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Um, both of yours' needs to be trashed completely, try this... ^_^

Aggron @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy (doesn't really matter but...)
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Attack / 252 HP / 4 Defense
    - Avalanche / Thunder Wave / Stealth Rock
    - Stone Edge / Rock Slide
    - Substitute
    - Focus Punch

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    I got a question

Which increase Grass Damage and Water Damage more?

Meadow Plate or Rose Incense or Miracle Seed

Splash Plate or Mystic Water or Sea Incense

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    If I'm not mistaken, all of those items boost their respective type by the same amount. Each offer a 20% boost to the respective type. Miracle Seed, Rose Incense, and Meadow Plate all offer a 20% boost to Grass moves; the same goes for the water moves vs. water items.

But meh, the boost is minimal which is why most of the skilled battlers don't use them.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    If I'm not mistaken, all of those items boost their respective type by the same amount. Each offer a 20% boost to the respective type. Miracle Seed, Rose Incense, and Meadow Plate all offer a 20% boost to Grass moves; the same goes for the water moves vs. water items.

But meh, the boost is minimal which is why most of the skilled battlers don't use them.

Yea i know im just looking for good items for my team im trying to get better at Wifi Battling

another question

I hear the Salac Berry is a good berry for Wifi Battling, from Competitive Move sets Guide on GameFaqs

But i can find it anywhere, and Serebii nor Smogon tells me

does anyone know where it is?

Last edited:

billie_lightning

Lightning Queen
    Years
    I wasn't sure where to ask this, so I thought I'd just ask it here....
    I just got into competitive battling and so I'm learning all I can about EVs. I found a guide that tells you what Pokemon give what EVs and how many, but it only goes up to third generation. No Sinnoh Pokemon. I can't find a guide anywhere that lists every fourth gen Pokemon and what EVs they give. Do you guys know of any??

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
    I just got into competitive battling and so I'm learning all I can about EVs. I found a guide that tells you what Pokemon give what EVs and how many, but it only goes up to third generation. No Sinnoh Pokemon. I can't find a guide anywhere that lists every fourth gen Pokemon and what EVs they give. Do you guys know of any??

www.serebii.net They have everything you need to know.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    You can look here, specifically. I've given you the link to the EVs list for the Pokemon that give HP EVs. Just navigate over on the top with the Defense, Attack, Speed, etc. buttons if you want to view another stat's.

Years
    An experience battlers opinions on these moves

Hey all,
    I've been lurking this section as guest for a while, and now I want to ask a question myself.

First off I'd just like to say that this is not an RMT. So move this if it is in the wrong area, even though I cannot see a reason why it would be and there is no rule restricting this forum to RMT's.

Now, onto the actual question.

It may seem like a waste to make a thread about it, but I want an experienced battlers opinion on a few moves.
    These moves are Accupressure, Trump Card, Metronome and Last resort.
    What does an experienced battler have to say about these moves? Whether or not the use is beneficial to your team is nearly always based on luck.

So what do you think of these moves, and would you teach any of them to your team?

Last edited by a moderator:

Noir Lancer

That One Guy
    Years
    It may seem like a waste to make a thread about it, but I want an experienced battlers opinion on a few moves. These moves are:

Accupressure

Far too unreliable, as it gives you a boost in a random stat, you're better off using Sword Dance or Agility, then hoping to get the boost you want.

Trump Card
    If Trump Card's PP after use is:
    • 4+, it has 40 base power
    • 3, it has 50 base power
    • 2, it has 60 base power
    • 1, it has 80 base power
    • 0, it has 200 base power
    In the long run it's not worth it, you're starting from 40 Base power and go to 200, you might as well just use Return as it'll do more damage in one hit, then Trump Card will in 2 hits combined , and will still do more damage than the 3rd and 4th uses of Trump Card.

Metronome
    Again too unreliable, as you could waste dozens of turns doing nothing, or using moves that might not even hurt the opponent etc, which you cannot afford. Also the risk of Explosion is off setting.

and Last resort.
    In order to work decently, it's better if you have 1 more move in your moveset, however it's pretty dumb, as you'll then be walled silly by an Ghost, Steel and Rock types, and only be set up on, by having that one move, and having that move there "just in case" just makes it a wasted moveslot.

So what do you think of these moves, and would you teach any of them to your team?
    They're bad, unreliable, and horrifically gimmicky.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back