• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    if shendinja has a focus sash and gets hit he holds on. since he still has full hp does it work over and over again

Focus Sash only works when you have full HP....It will allow you to survive one hit that would normally OHKO you. It only works once, since you can only have full HP one time =P

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    EV-Training Questions

Ok... Some Questions about EV-Training:
    1. A Pokemon Like Graveler gives 2 EV's, do i just have to Defeat 2 of them to get an EV then, or do i need the usual 4, but get 2 points?
    2. If i defeat an Aron, then go up some levels on Zubats, then defeat 3 more Arons, would i get the Aron-ev still?
    3. If my Pokemon go up a level after the 3rd Pokeon i defeat, and then i defeat one more, would i still get that EV on the next level?
    4. If a Ditto Transforms, would i get Ditto's EV's or the Pokemon it Transform-ed into's EV's?

braminoid

The bird is the word.
    Years
    1. A Pokemon Like Graveler gives 2 EV's, do i just have to Defeat 2 of them to get an EV then, or do i need the usual 4, but get 2 points?
    2. If i defeat an Aron, then go up some levels on Zubats, then defeat 3 more Arons, would i get the Aron-ev still?
    3. If my Pokemon go up a level after the 3rd Pokeon i defeat, and then i defeat one more, would i still get that EV on the next level?
    4. If a Ditto Transforms, would i get Ditto's EV's or the Pokemon it Transform-ed into's EV's?
    the anwser to 2 is yes.
    ffff

Detox

Yeah, but im part of one of those people who really dont count chomp as uber because of base stats...

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Yeah, but im part of one of those people who really dont count chomp as uber because of base stats...

Ah. Well in that case, I suppose it's an option. You just have to make sure if you're battling OU your opponent agrees on his use:

Garchomp @ Life Orb
    Naughty
    4 Att / 252 Sp Att / 252 Speed
    Swords Dance
    Earthquake
    Draco Meteor
    Fire Blast

It can really surprise your opponent if used correctly.

Detox

Actually most people on youtube tend to ignore smogons tiers compleley(cept ubers(only legends)) so it wont be a problem....

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Answers in bold:
    EVERY TIME you battle a Graveler, ALL Pokemon involved in the battle (including those that didn't but were holding the Exp Share) will receive 2 Def EVs. The only exception is if said Pokemon had already accumulated 254 or 255 Def EV points, then it would only get one.
    Yes. Again, every time you battle a Pokemon, you are immediately awarded the specific EV value of that Pokemon.
    It doesn't matter what level you are or if you level up in between battles, you will still get the proper EV points until you reach the 255 limit.
    Transform has NO EFFECT on the EVs that you receive from Ditto. It will be same regardless.
    Great questions. Keep it up.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    Meh chainchomp fails once it's figured out, SD Yache is so much more potent.

Garchomp@Yache Berry
    Jolly Nature
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
    -Swords Dance
    -Dragon Claw/Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Substitute/Fire Fang

This thing kills, Chainchomp relies on the surprise factor, then basically fails.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    But i still don't get the answer on Q1...
    Can i battle 2 graveler's to get a Def-point, or do i still need to battle 4, but get 2 Def instead of 1?
    And if you can, can you then battle 2x Geodude and 1x Graveler to get that EV?

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    It depends on the situation. Blissey can't come in on a subbed Skymin's Seed Flare and expect to last for a very long time, especially with the Sp Defense reduction. Even if it fires back with Ice Beam or Seismic Toss, Skymin still get's another Seed Flare in after the sub is broken. Now you have Blissey below 50% with it's special defense in the dumps and Skymin has another Seed Flare loaded and ready to go.

Blissey can usually survive one Seed Flare and pose an immediate thread with Thunder Wave or Ice Beam. Scarftran is a better counter overall with it's double resistance to it's main stab.

Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    Most Skymin are subseed which completely counters Blissey's chances of countering Skymin.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    Most Skymin are subseed which completely counters Blissey.

Pretty much and if blissey doesnt get haxed to death.

With choice sets and sub + 3 attack sets Blissey is fine. Unless you get haxed uberly.

As for Garchomp its all a matter of need

SD Yache Chomp and CB Chomp may have no efficient counter but the team may require a revenge killer in which case Scarf Chomp becomes the option for you. So its pretty much what "niche" you want filled on your team. Just because one/two sets has no counters it doesnt mean his other sets are "lol im not considering this".

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    The Graveler will give 2 Def EVs. You need 4 Def. EVs to get one higher defence. Kill two Gravelers and you get 4 Def EVs. That means you get one extra Def point. Understand?

For the next question:
    Geodude = 1
    Geodude = 1
    Graveler = 2
    Total = 4
    Then you get an extra point.

It works that way. At level 100, all of your EVs will be totalled, divided by four and that amount will be added to their respective stats.

Go to Serebii.net and find the EV guide in the Game Mechanics section. It'll help a lot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back