• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Blissey and Hippowdon are seen a lot more commonly these days. And with all of the sweeper teams going on in this overly-offensive PLatifail, Curselax and Cress don't pop up as much as Bliss, Hippo, etc.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Blissey and Hippowdon are seen a lot more commonly these days. And with all of the sweeper teams going on in this overly-offensive PLatifail, Curselax and Cress don't pop up as much as Bliss, Hippo, etc.

Except Snorlax saw more usage than Hippowdon this month? How is 27th in usage uncommon...but 33 isn't?

Besides, the metagame is highly unstable right now (as the huge differences in October and November statistics shows), so none of this is set in stone and Curselax could shoot right up like...say...Rhyperior did? It's awfully silly to mention some walls but write off others in a highly unstable period, especially when the difference is very small (4:5 Cresselia/Hippowdon ratio is very small and likely to change).

And despite lower usage, Curselax is tremendously more threatening than, say, Hippowdon (who can't do ANYTHING offensively without a CB or something along those lines). That combined with it being easily OU makes me wonder how it can taken any less seriously than Blissey since Blissey...well...can't hurt anything.

Check out the usage statistics on smogon, its a sticky in stark mountain there.

Even ResttalkLax should be considered since it IS a wall after all. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Except Snorlax saw more usage than Hippowdon this month? How is 27th in usage uncommon...but 33 isn't?

Besides, the metagame is highly unstable right now (as the huge differences in October and November statistics shows), so none of this is set in stone and Curselax could shoot right up like...say...Rhyperior did? It's awfully silly to mention some walls but write off others in a highly unstable period, especially when the difference is very small (4:5 Cresselia/Hippowdon ratio is very small and likely to change).

And despite lower usage, Curselax is tremendously more threatening than, say, Hippowdon (who can't do ANYTHING offensively without a CB or something along those lines). That combined with it being easily OU makes me wonder how it can taken any less seriously than Blissey since Blissey...well...can't hurt anything.

Check out the usage statistics on smogon, its a sticky in stark mountain there.

Even ResttalkLax should be considered since it IS a wall after all. lol

Aha. Everything you've said was helpful, but this is what I was looking for, thank you.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    I have a question.
    If a Pokemon has Focus Sash and are on Full Health, when they use Explosion. Does that Pokemon faint, or live on 1 HP?

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    I think it is because he has Bullet Punch which is priority plus Technician which gives him an 80 BP Priorty STAB. Plus he has quite good attack and if he gets a Swords Dance he is dam strong.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    What exactly makes scizor so lethal in the platinum metagame?

The combination of Swords Dance and a Base 90 priority move makes him pretty damn scary. Superpower is also a sexy addition to his movepool; after an SD Superpower 2HKOs standard Skarmory. +4 BP 2HKOs Metagross and Bronzong on average, and OHKOs Lucario.

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
    I have a Hippowdon that I sometimes use as a wall, and I had a thought on how I could improve him. Right now, he knows EQ/Ice Fang/Roar/Slack Off. I was wondering if it would be better for me to give him Stone Edge over Ice Fang. Ice Fang was really just there so he could threaten Garchomp. Stone Edge would still hit Mence and Nite and also allow him to not be set up fodder for Gyara. Would this be a good idea?

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    I have another question, if a Pokemon uses Gyro Ball on a Pokemon that is slower than the user, what happens?
    Does the attack have minimum base power, does the receiver of the attack heal or does it just fail?

TIC TAC

Xbox Live GamerTag:iDESTRUCTx
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Dec 25, 2017
    Yeah, right on Fabian, and why in the world would it heal? :S

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    I don't know, the damage is based on the Speed difference between the two Pokemon. I knew it wouldn't heal, but judging by its description, it really should do minus damage. I know that isn't possible, so that made me think...

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
    I have a Hippowdon that I sometimes use as a wall, and I had a thought on how I could improve him. Right now, he knows EQ/Ice Fang/Roar/Slack Off. I was wondering if it would be better for me to give him Stone Edge over Ice Fang. Ice Fang was really just there so he could threaten Garchomp. Stone Edge would still hit Mence and Nite and also allow him to not be set up fodder for Gyara. Would this be a good idea?

So, does anyone have an answer?

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Garchomp is uber right now, so no concern about him. Stone Edge sacrifices Accuracy + PP for Power. I'd say the Gyarados coverage would be most indefinitely helpful. However Hippowdon is more defensive, so it could use the extra PP in Ice Fang. It's up to you; I'd stick with Ice Fang though.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    What is the best spread for Latias EVs and all, just in case they make it OU?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back