• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    If the levels of the Dittos are higher than regular Pokemon, yes. Just make sure your lead Pokemon is higher level than regular Pokemon, but lower than Dittos.

Of course, catching Dittos is best when done in Emerald. You should really go for that.

Ársa

k.
    Years
    Use Max Repel. Once you get a Ditto, chaining them it doesn't matter if you have Max Repel or not, they will still appear using the Pokeradar, and that way you don't break your chain by running into a wild pokemon before your ditto patch.

~T_S

Dark Destiny

Your Destiny is in your hands
    Years
    i posted this in the request a team by accident so i'll post it again here since this is the simple questions bit

I'm really confused, i started rebreeding my dratini's for natures, i got the nature for my female dratini (jolly nature) off a ditto
    however when i put everstone on female dratini and breed with a ditto, i don't get the 50% same nature. Does that mean i can use everstone but only with a pokemon thats not ditto?

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    well if the other pokemon is a boy then the ditto will have to hold the everstone but if the other pokemon is a girl then that pokemon will hold the everstone.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    i posted this in the request a team by accident so i'll post it again here since this is the simple questions bit

I'm really confused, i started rebreeding my dratini's for natures, i got the nature for my female dratini (jolly nature) off a ditto
    however when i put everstone on female dratini and breed with a ditto, i don't get the 50% same nature. Does that mean i can use everstone but only with a pokemon thats not ditto?

If there's a Ditto in the breeding equation, the Everstone ALWAYS goes on the Ditto. Otherwise it goes on the female. It's a bit confusing, I know.

Dark Destiny

Years
    eh? so if i'm trying to breed female dratini with ditto (everstone on dratini) it won't work?
    so i have to breed the ditto with a male dratini so that the Iv's are sent to the male and then i breed male dratini with female dratini (everstone on).
    correct?

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    no the everstone should go on the female. but 50% isn't alot so it might take a while especialy when your looking for good ivs.

Dark Destiny

Years
    erm, thats what i said, everstone on female...

i bred about 10 dratini's using female dratini (everstone) and ditto
    it wasn't at all 50%
    so i'm hoping with 2 dratini's i'll get the 50%

Outlawed

Think you can beat me?
    Years
    well i'm in some kinda wierd situation here.
    I have been breeding a Jolly Aerodactyl female with an everstone to get better IV's for the baby Dactyls. However, I have not hatched a single jolly egg. and I think the count is something like 30 eggs O.o
    so is it just bad luck, or does aerodactyl do what genderless pokes do??

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I think its just bad luck dude, aerodactyl isn't any different as far as I'm aware

What boost does a dragon dance give to speed?

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    erm, thats what i said, everstone on female...

i bred about 10 dratini's using female dratini (everstone) and ditto
    it wasn't at all 50%
    so i'm hoping with 2 dratini's i'll get the 50%

Umm... you can breed the female with the Ditto. Just put the Everstone on the Ditto.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Hi people, what boost does a dragon dance give to speed? Is it double?

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    I had an idea for a poke, though Im not sire if someone else already thought of it so...yeah...I call it CURSEkoal

Torkoal@Leftovers/Chesto Berry
    White Fog
    Impish???
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Atk???
    -Curse
    -Rapid spin
    -Rest
    -Stone Edge/EQ

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I had an idea for a poke, though Im not sire if someone else already thought of it so...yeah...I call it CURSEkoal

Torkoal@Leftovers/Chesto Berry
    White Fog
    Impish???
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Atk???
    -Curse
    -Rapid spin
    -Rest
    -Stone Edge/EQ

Well for starters, Chestoresting is terrible.

Also, Rapid Spin on what is a tanking set is an epic waste. Mixing two sets only hurts its usefulness. One attacking move will get you nowhere as you'll have a horribly high amount of counters and poor coverage.

This set is kind of like cursing Rhydon, you can easily laugh at physical attacks and such but if the opposing special sweeper or PHazer manages to switch in it's gg.

Your best bet is to replace rapid spin with stone edge and run EQ in the last slot, but cursing torkoal really isn't good. You still get smashed by Earthquake and rock slide pretty badly. While you heal you can easily be PHazed or just defeated.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    Ok I was reading the weekly pokemon thing on serebii, and it mentioned something about Explosion halving the defense of the pokemon before it hits them. Is that true or is serebii just spouting more bs

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back