• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Ok I was reading the weekly pokemon thing on serebii, and it mentioned something about Explosion halving the defense of the pokemon before it hits them. Is that true or is serebii just spouting more bs

Ive just had a look for you and thats true apparently.

Smogon said:
    Explosion

Faints the user. Damage is calculated as though the defender has half of its Defense.

Wow, i didnt know that lol

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Explosion only has 250 base power, of course they rig the clacs :P Otherwise stuff that resisted it wouldn't be getting OHKOed by it or taking 85% form it. lol

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    hey i got a question, how do you find out about iv's i mean i get it and all i just wont to no what my iv's are

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    There are IV calculators on the internet. I use Serebii's. You put in the stats of the pokemon that has no EV's (that hasn't been in battles) or if you know the EV's, put them in, then press calculate. It's a olng process, & not for everyone. You must be patient, and your poke must be at a high enough lvl. I recommend 50.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    sims = greatness.

However I can tell you serebii's IV calc is something you just should not use, it's inaccurate and has misled me a few times which made me take a lot more time breeding than I needed to.

go to metalkid's IV calc, just google it and it'll come up.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    sims = greatness.

However I can tell you serebii's IV calc is something you just should not use, it's inaccurate and has misled me a few times which made me take a lot more time breeding than I needed to.

go to metalkid's IV calc, just google it and it'll come up.

I've heard the same thing from many, and I should've taken account that she had Leafgreen. But it worked for me every time, I'm always at level 100, so I'll always get perfect results. My bad ::P

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Whats a good set for a jolly Garchomp?

Garchomp@Life Orb
    252 ATT / 240 SPEED / 16 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Fang

My god does this cause problems for many many teams. People seem to forget it exists and it is capable of destroying its most common counters. 2HKOing Hippowdon, Skarmory,Bronzong, Donpahan after a swords dance is scary, it still has no sure fire counter, no matter what you switch in, it takes one hell of a beating.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    Garchomp@Life Orb
    252 ATT / 240 SPEED / 16 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Fang

My god does this cause problems for many many teams. People seem to forget it exists and it is capable of destroying its most common counters. 2HKOing Hippowdon, Skarmory,Bronzong, Donpahan after a swords dance is scary, it still has no sure fire counter, no matter what you switch in, it takes one hell of a beating.
    Thanks but could I sub fire fang with flamethrower or fire blast, or is fire fang my best bet?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Thanks but could I sub fire fang with flamethrower or fire blast, or is fire fang my best bet?

Well, Fire Fang is preferable on this set due to the swords dance boost, it still 2hko's Skarmory and does more to Bronzong.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back