• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    I think he means that when you battle and it gains a level, the Cloak changes based on the last place you battled. Like battling in Eternia Forest changes a Ground-type Burmy to a Grass-type Burmy... I think.

I never tried raising a Burmy though, so that's all I can say to help you.

PhoenixFlare

Yay fire! Pulls out matches.
    Years
    I've never used a pokemon with Mold Breaker before but am going to use one in a new team I'm making and wonder what it does besides letting Ground moves hit Levitaters. Thanks.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    It basically stop's all opponent's abilities working, so garchomp wont have his evasion increased in sandstorm and you can run from pokes with arena trap, and so on across every poke.

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    I recently fought someone with a Mixape on Serebii. I sent out Gengar, with 350 in Speed and instantly using Hypnosis, putting his ape alseep.. He had planned to use Nasty Plot, and instantly labeled me a hacker, stating that his Infernape has exactly 352 speed without any stat bonuses, outspeeding me by 2 points. What I'm wondering, is how did I go first? An agility was passed to Mixape even, and I managed to somehow go first...

Plus he had Life Orb, I had Lefties. No field effects as far as I know.

@PheonixFlare: Taunt basically destroys Wobby as it forces it to resort to Mirror Coat/Counter instead of Safeguarding/Encoring you to death.

PhoenixFlare

Yay fire! Pulls out matches.
    Years
    Thanks I forgot all about Taunt stupid me. I was going for getting rid of the Safeguard and using Toxic but Taunt would be much easier.

Ok I've thought up a Wobby counter but I'm not sure on it.

Persian@ idk
    Mild
    252speed/ 252spatk/ 6atk
    -Taunt
    -Fake Out
    -Dark Pulse
    -Power Gem/ Hidden Power Ice /EDIT: Toxic

Fake Out is to make it think I'm physical then I can hit it with a Dark Pulse just to piss off Wobby before the Taunt 'cause I'm evil but the last slot and item idk.

Last edited:

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    what does a Standard Spinner/Physical Wall Forretress set look like? And what are the different Gyarados sets?

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    Forretress@Leftovers/Shed Shell
    Impish Nature
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Atk
    -Gyro Ball
    -Earthquake/Rest
    -Rapin Spin
    -Stealth Rock/Spikes/Rest

Some people use Explosion, but blowing up a wall is stupid IMO

Gyarados@Leftovers
    Adament Nature
    EVs: 212 HP, 18 Atk, 180 Def, 100 Spd
    -Earthquake/Stone Edge
    -Ice Fang/Waterfall
    -Taunt/Ice Fang/Stone Edge
    -Dragon Dance

Standard Bulkydos (I think I got the EVs right), he can use Thunderwave to some degree, but parahax can be left to others

Gyarados@Choice Band/Scarf
    Adament Nature
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
    -Waterfall
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Ice Fang

Choicedos, Generally I would say Adament with Scarf, Jolly with Band, but really CB Adament action is totally awesome

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I've got a question about local wireless battles. I've never done one yet, so I have no idea... but, if I use a berry in the battle (e.g. Lum berry), would the berry still be there after the battle is over and I've returned to normal play?

Romo_Owens

Young Money
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2008
    Umm....when you check IV's checking at level 1 is not reliable at all. You don't have enough information as a level 1 to determine what the IV's are.

If you wanna check IV's get someone online on wifi to give you and IV battle which is a level 100 battle so the gastly becomes level 100 you can insert the stats and then check it's IV's. ;p

And if I do that, will it still consider all my evs to be 0?

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    I was just checking out Tortured's Thread. And while I didn't post there (as I am currently trying to destroy him. Along with Dark Azelf) I noticed Dugtrio being thrown around. It made me wonder. What is a good Dugtrio counter? I see it as a mini Wobbuffet, only less dire. It can come in and take out specific threats, and when it shows up, I am hopeless. Anybody who has seen my team knows it can take out a few pokes, and since I cannot switch, I'm done for. Such as Grumpig.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Anything with Levitate or a flyer usually will do (though the fragile ones are smashed by Stone edge and the likes or Gengar and Azelf get creamed by Sucker Punch). Dugtrio isn't very strong, as it relies on its ability to be effective...so be cautious and be ready for it. Also, Bulky Grounds all wall it to no end, as does forretress and the likes.

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    IMO, T-Wave. It cripples anyone who faces Blissey, so you have an easier time healing your teammates or just giving them hell when you switch back to your sweeper.

Anyways, since I plan on trying out UU, what are the most common threats to end one's team?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Be wary of Hypno & Grumpig, two of the best UU walls there are.

So, other than Hitmontop, who else makes a good Tyranitar counter?

Bulky Ground-types are good counters for the physical sets, thanks to their Rock resist and high Defense. Donphan, Swampert, Hippowdon, and Rhyperior all work well. Gliscor can work very effectively as Sand Veil helps to avoid taking a hit and Roost can buy him a Rock resist. All of these can bring down Tyranitar with Earthquake. Bronzong is useful. Defensive Hariyama and really any Machamp set both have the defenses to handle Tyranitar's attacks, and resistances to both STAB attacks is a big help. Hariyama has the additional advantage of Thick Fat, giving it resistances to the Ice and Fire moves of the Life Orb set.

However bear in mind, Swampert gets 2HKO'd by a Dragon Danced Crunch if T-Tar is holding either Black Glasses or a Life Orb

Also Anti Lead Breloom is nice, to pimp smack it.

Breloom@Toxic Orb
    236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    Trait :.Poison heal
    ~ Protect
    ~ Spore
    ~ Mach Punch
    ~ Seed Bomb

=)

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I tried it around christmas time on shoddy, it wasnt all too helpful. Mainly because most of the pokes learning it could also had a status move, something that cant just be switched away. Pokes like gengar are prime examples of where it can help, but in the majority of cases it just got switched away when i could have actually put a permanent effect on them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back