• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    I haven't decided yet. Actually, I was planning on cloning this Azelf and using it for all the sets I can. Does it really need the Atk EVs, though? U-Turn is mainly used for getting the hell out of a bad situation, and Explosion will kill just about anything regardless (I think).

And yes, I could Candy it, but I really would rather keep it at level 50. I dunno why. :/

devilicious

dream
    Years
    I haven't decided yet. Actually, I was planning on cloning this Azelf and using it for all the sets I can. Does it really need the Atk EVs, though? U-Turn is mainly used for getting the hell out of a bad situation, and Explosion will kill just about anything regardless (I think).

And yes, I could Candy it, but I really would rather keep it at level 50. I dunno why. :/

Well, even with 3 Atk IVs, Explosion still kills Blissey 100% of the time.
    But it's still important to check if those 30-31s are really 31s.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday

If your gonna use the Life orb mix set, i suggest the attack be a bit higher, about 20ish.

Its fine for the NP Set though.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Meh, I reset. It's better to just get a good Azelf now, so I don't have to bother with soft-resetting for another one later.

EDIT: Haha, I just got an Azelf with flawless Atk and SAtk (who Likes to thrash about, no less), but has ~21 Spe.

Actually, that's not very funny at all. D:

Last edited:

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I'm pretty sure that I've maxed out the EV's on my Growlithe, but the lady in the Sunnyshore Market (where you buy the PokeBall Seals) says that it needs to work a little harder? Is this becasue it is level 37, or because it is not Arcanine yet?

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I probaly sound like a total n00b but what is IV and an does EV have something to do with evolution.

An IV is an Individual Value, and an EV makes your pokemon stronger go here for more info about IV's, and here for more info about EV's.

EDIT: I don't think that anyone saw this:
    Do I need to have it gain a level to get the game to recognise the EV's?

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Another probability is that you have an EV spread with 508 EV Points. 508 is the maximum number of usable EV points, but it isn't the most you can get. Try battling a few more Pokemon to get 510.

Kirioroshi

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    you can use 510 ev's you know..

252/68/180 spreads

anywho, for a bulkymence, what would a good item be?

life orb for more attack or leftovers for recovery.

and hypnosis or explosion for scarfed gar?

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
    Depends on the variant, Dragon Dance or the alternative, Draco Meteor/Flamethrower/Toxic/Roost.

For the second one it is definitely Leftovers.

If you choose to use Leftovers on the first one you would miss the KO on Heracross and Lucario without significant Attack EV investment (standard spread is 12 Attack). It is subjective although I think Life Orb is better.

I assume you are unable to obtain HP Ice? Well, Explosion wouldn't do much against Blissey and Lax (needs Life Orb to OHKO), but Hypnosis opens you up to a load threats. I would say Explosion provided you have done prior damage to Bliss/Lax.

The reason why 508 EVs are used instead of 510 is that the extra 2 EVs don't make a difference in stats, you would need 4 EVs for 1 point in that stat.

Kirioroshi

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    i do have HP[Ice] on gengar
    along with shadowball, thunderbolt, hypnosis. wondering if i should change hypnosis for explosion or not.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2009
    I finally learned about EV training, I still don't understand IV training though. But anyway I wanted to EV train my Mudkip from the start of the game but then I realize how can you ev train him properly when your forced to face trainers all over the Hoenn region? If Mudkip is my last resort I have to use him against Geodude or Nosepass and I only want to max his Sp.Atk, Atk, and HP

Anyone get what I mean?

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    First of all, you can only max out 2 stats.
    Next, you can't EV train your Mudkip like that. Most people breed and Ev train after they've beaten the game.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2009
    First of all, you can only max out 2 stats.
    Next, you can't EV train your Mudkip like that. Most people breed and Ev train after they've beaten the game.

Oh I was afraid you would say that, reason is that I would have worked hard to get my team up in levels but they wouldn't work in competitive play because everyone else Pokemon would be properly trained.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Eve if you could EV train your Pokemon properly doing the game, doing so would be stupid. Unless you spend months soft-resetting in front of Birch's suitcase, odds are that your Mudkip will have crappy IVs and a bad nature- no amount of EV training can fix that.

If you're dead set on EV training your starter, you can always use the EV reducing berries to reduce unwanted EVs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back