• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
    CBTar makes an awesome lead. Stone Edge basically massacares Salamence and especially Gyarados leaders. Bronzong who use SR get 2HKO'd by Crunch

I guess CBTar is a better lead. Thanks Archer.

While they switch out to <insert wall here> or in Mence's case, outspeed and OHKO. Tar also gets hit by Intimidate. Bronzong leads most likely Hypnosis/Gyro Ball meaning Tyranitar would be either hurting or crippled.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    If I ever used a Tyranitar [god forbid please forgive me for ever thinking of this], and wanted to lead with it, I'd certainly go with Boah.

Boah is slow as a molassas, meaning too many things can outspeed and KO it.

@Aquilae

From my uses, Salamence's Intimidate doesn't stop it from being either OHKO'd or KO'd (depending on what set they use) Gyarados gets massacred no question.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    No one leads with hard hitting stuff nowadays. And no one expects a lead Boah either, meaning you can get your Sub up (remember you're still faster than Zong). In theory, it should work okay. :3

This actually makes sense...With a sub up, it's guaranteed to KO something.

Years
    This actually makes sense...With a sub up, it's guaranteed to KO something.

Thing is, Boah was designed as a wall breaker. having it weakened in the first turn and hurting a supporter/sweeper, means it will have less of a chance to do its job.

As for no-one running strong leads, What about Specs Mence?

Aquilae

Years
    Tar doesn't have base 150 SpD in Sandstorm. Mixmence will OHKO regardless and Tyranitar is quite frankly, easily walled during the earlygame, even moreso if it is Intimidated.

SpecsMence certainly would not OHKO Tyranitar, assuming it stays in Tar is crippled for the rest of the battle. I would switch out of Tyranitar.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Tar doesn't have base 150 SpD in Sandstorm. Mixmence will OHKO regardless and Tyranitar is quite frankly, easily walled during the earlygame, even moreso if it is Intimidated.

SpecsMence certainly would not OHKO Tyranitar, assuming it stays in Tar is crippled for the rest of the battle. I would switch out of Tyranitar.

Tyranitar has Base 100 SpD, and in the Sandstorm, he gains a 50% boost.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Sorry to butt in, but I've left (English) Pokemon battling for sometime, and finally came back.
    Tyraniboah is intriguing, and I've looked up on what the build is like.

So is it safe for me to assume that it's a Sub-Punch T-Tar that has special attack moves to break walls which it usually cannot?

devilicious

dream
    Years

It's actually a 50% to the stat, not to the Base Stat.
    So you'd have 448 Sp. Def points with a Neutral nature and 0 EVs. You can't really address it to a base stat, because the boost is variable.

Anyway, I see Tyranitar vs Salamence as a prediction match. If Mence is Specs, you win with Ice Beam. If it's Mixed, you lose.

edit;
    @kohei: That's basically it.

Aquilae

Years

It is not the same. Base stats do not increase. Stats do.

@kohei

Boah is basically what you said. SubPunch is to remove Bliss while the other moves down walls and stuff.

I would like to know more about the Japanese metagame. I heard Lanturn is high OU there, which is surprising =.=

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    I would like to know more about the Japanese metagame. I heard Lanturn is high OU there, which is surprising =.=
    @Deviruchi and Aquilae
    Thanks, now I know!

I was surprised at Lanturn being used a lot here too. However it's a great Special Water/Ice/Electric wall.
    Bliss is hated (with a passion) amongst most players here, and many people decide against using it (「自重する」).
    So I guess alternative spec. walls start becoming popular.

devilicious

dream
    Years
    自重するwwww

I wish we English players had that kind of hatred towards Blissey too. Even though we all hate it, most of us use it anyway. [I don't, though ♥]

Is Garchomp the over-overused Pokémon over there, too?

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    自重するwwww
    Also KY, "tatemae"/"honne", "wa o midasu" etc.
    It's all rooted deep within our society and culture, so it may seem strange to foreign people.

Is Garchomp the over-overused Pokémon over there, too?
    Yep.
    As far as I know, it is less popular then back in 2006, but is still considered a 厨ポケ ("chuu-Poke", a degrading term used to point out "EZ-to-use Pokemanz for kidz").

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2009
    Deoxys Nature

Jus wondering whats the preferred nature of Deoxys? I want to kno Before I recieve mine? Can anybody help? Thanx

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2009
    You can choose just reset the game without saving once u have recieved it, If Its not the nature u want and try again...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back