• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2008
    I dunno. You probably screwed up something. Check how many EVs you currently have (assuming you've been keeping track, which you better have) against your current stats.

Anyway, I just got this Deoxys.

Deoxys-E, Hasty
    HP: 10 - 13
    Att: 27 - 29
    Def: 4 - 9
    SpA: 27 - 29
    SpD: 7 - 9
    Speed: 27 - 29

Should I stick with it? I don't like using Candies to get more exact IV values, as I would like to keep him UT (for preservation purposes).
    Only Ev's its been getting was one. I used berries to make sure and for every berry it says " Stat cannot be lowered." accept for one.
    The game is just messed up with the EV training. It never worked right for me.
    what's UT?

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    The game is messed up with EV training? Weird, it's always worked right for me. Like I said, you're just doing it wrong.

UT = Untrained. No EXP points, no EVs, no nothing. Exactly as it was caught.

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2008
    The game is messed up with EV training? Weird, it's always worked right for me. Like I said, you're just doing it wrong.

UT = Untrained. No EXP points, no EVs, no nothing. Exactly as it was caught.

What level did you catch Deoxyr on? I thought you weren't able to make eggs with thoughs, i don't even know how to get a Deoxwtv.

Impossible that i'm doing something wrong. I havn't said one thing that will lead to me doing something wrong.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    I caught it at level 30, on Birth Island in Emerald. I saved in front of him, soft resetted until I got a good one.

You also haven't said one thing that points to you doing something right. By the way you've worded your posts, it sounds like you don't know exactly what you're doing. Tell me, how exactly are you EV training?

Valarauca

I > U for all real values of U
    Years
    RMT guild said:
    Blissey need sesmic toss and it fails without it
    this is the view of every single person in the RMT guild. Personally after running a blissey in various forms with different attacks but always keeping, i normally get decent hits with sesmic toss infact my favorite incarnation of blissey is this

Blissey @ leftovers
    calm
    Ev:252 def, 84 hp, 172 spec def
    ~Sesmic toss
    ~soft boil
    ~flame thrower
    ~toxic
    Note: works great, move set covers nearly every type, it firewalls special sweepers well almost all of them; gengar, starmie, and deoxys, continue to sweep my blissey so i came up with this solution which works amazingly well

Blissey @ leftovers
    calm
    Ev: 252 def, 84 hp, 172 sdef
    ~softboil
    ~flamethrower
    ~toxic
    ~Shadowball
    Note: i was going for the STAB attack with hp dark, but that doesn't affect ghosts lmao (yes i do have problems)

My question is with this new set why should i use the other(sesmic toss)?

Also how the heck do i open my saved battle logs from shoddy?

Last edited:

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    Hidden Power Dark??? Why not just pop on Shadow Ball and go for that? It gets a 30% defense drop I believe (double with Serene Grace, but don't worry about that unless that's your goal to status everything indirectly.) It also prevents Infernape from getting in without literally laughing like mad when even under 15% health.

Seismic Toss isn't always needed, so whoever is saying that shouldn't say it. Sure, it's nice, but Toxic/Flamethrower is fine as well for a wall.

Also, Seismic Toss hurts some things plenty more than Flamethrower/Shadow Ball, so it makes a good option. It's not a necessity, just remember that.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Although, in all honesty, not running Seismic Toss on Blissey is like not running Shadow Ball on Gengar, or not running Psychic on Azelf. It's a great asset to Blissey, and allows her to get strong hits on opponents that she otherwise wouldn't be able to hit. It turns her into an excellent staller.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I have another EV question cause this is seriously tickin' me off, i have been EV training again and to test if it was working i used a rarecandy while its experience bar was 3/4 full. The stat went up by +7. Then i restarted since i didn't want to use a rare candy, and continued fighting the same pokemon to increase the Ev points. and i saved before i grew a level and no matter what i would get +2 now. How does that make sense? Could it be because i got too many EV points that it doesn't display anymore? I checked if with the berries if anything else went up, but nothing did other that the stat i was training for. This EV training is getting me more than mad now since I wasted a whole bunch of time again and could've been doing something better.

What is the problem of this, this time?
    Does catching a pokemon, or flying somewhere mess with your EV points? Does the daycare mess with your EV points? Does putting the pokemon back in the box erase its EV points? If there is no cause then i do have to say EV training is definetly messed up.

Also Does not making my pokemon evolve effects its stats after it does evolve? like if i made it evolve at 30 and its on level 50 by now, would it make a difference if i made it evolve at level 50 instead of 30? Would its stats be the same? {Ev's maxed out on level 20) This is just something i'm making up.
    The EV training issue happens from time to time, it showed up for me once. But at the end of the training when my Pokemon was Level 100, the EV Points all showed up.

And no, even if it evolved later or earlier, the EV Points will still show up by the end of the evolution chain at level 100. It will have the same stats no matter if it evolved later or earlier.

I dunno. You probably screwed up something. Check how many EVs you currently have (assuming you've been keeping track, which you better have) against your current stats.

Deoxys-E, Hasty

Should I stick with it? I don't like using Candies to get more exact IV values, as I would like to keep him UT (for preservation purposes).
    You could just save, then Rare Candy it, calculate, then turn off without saving. That way you know the exact IVs without leveling up. 0_o

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2008
    Got my Deoxys - What's the best Nature to get?

I'd expect Mild or Modest for their boost to Special Attack if I use Deoxys in Attack mode, but I've never had Deoxys before, so I don't know. I'm resetting after claiming if I don't get the Nature I want. What should I shoot for? Which mode is best for Deoxys?

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    If you're using Attack form for Ubers or Speed form for OU, the best wat to go is either Hasty or Naive. Standard OU Deoxys:

Deoxys (Speed) @ Life Orb
    Hasty/Naive Nature
    EVs: 252 Sp. Atk/162 Atk/96 Speed
    - Superpower
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Psychic

Years

Deoxys-E, Hasty

He won't be taking hits anyway. Stick with it.

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    Where can I find downloadable versions of calculators such as damage calcs? I usually use MetalKid's, but since I am not connected to the internet all the time, and his can only be used online (I've tried saving them, and they don't work without internet.)

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    I do not know of any downloadable damage calculators, if there are even any at all. I've searched around, but I haven't found anything. I too might actually be capable of using one.

(Same time posting X_X Devi)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back