• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Mew @ Leftovers/Life Orb
    Jolly Nature
    36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
    Swords Dance
    Baton Pass/Explosion
    Ice Punch/Shadow Claw
    EQ/Brick Break

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Small question:
    I saw another website mentioning "ChainChomp".

Can anyone tell me what it is? Unlike TBoah, where I was able to find a build on another site, I have no idea what on earth "Chain" is.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    It's just a way of saying Mixedchomp but in a less gay way

Garchomp@Life Orb
    Naughty Nature
    EVs: 16 Atk, 252 Sp Atk, 240 Spd
    -Swords Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Draco Meteor
    -Fire Blast

Basically you SD, they switch to their physical wall and you hit them with either Draco Meteor or Fire Blast (depending whether its a steel wall or not).

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Chain Chomp really isn't much of a threat anymore, though. It was really more of an early metagame Tyraniboah. And remember, you can always find popular sets at Smogon, which is pretty much the center of English competitive battlan.

Also, I asked earlier, but I really am curious about the Japanese metagame. Is there anything you can tell us about it?

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    I've spent way too much time off Pokemon battling, so I need to study the metagame myself.
    I'll create a thread when I'm ready.

The only metagame I can talk about is Yugioh, since I started playing it again >_>

Valarauca

I > U for all real values of U
    Years
    QQ how do i open my saved shoddy battle logs i want to relive my early glory... because i really suck now.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    I was lookingat that sub Empoleon Peyata berry set, and was impressed (especially since D_A HAXXED me with it once. How the hell could Hydro Pump be a critical on my sp.wall? I had a frackin' Light Screen up! And Focus Blast missing 3 times in a row?). So, I was thinking, could a similar set run on Sceptile? Not the same, since Sceptile's speed doesn't need much improving, but something similar

Sceptile@Peyata Berry
    Dragon Pulse
    Focus Blast
    Substitute
    Energy Ball
    EV:252 SPD, 252 Sp.Atk

Granted, I suck at EV's, but the concept is the same. He runs with moar speed, so he can sacrifice Agility.

I was also thinking of one for the physical set.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    I was lookingat that sub Empoleon Peyata berry set, and was impressed (especially since D_A HAXXED me with it once. How the hell could Hydro Pump be a critical on my sp.wall? I had a frackin' Light Screen up! And Focus Blast missing 3 times in a row?). So, I was thinking, could a similar set run on Sceptile? Not the same, since Sceptile's speed doesn't need much improving, but something similar

Sceptile@Peyata Berry
    Dragon Pulse
    Focus Blast
    Substitute
    Energy Ball
    EV:252 SPD, 252 Sp.Atk

Granted, I suck at EV's, but the concept is the same. He runs with moar speed, so he can sacrifice Agility.

I was also thinking of one for the physical set.

Sounds like me lol

It could work, but bear in mind, that empoleon has Hydro pump to work with and Sceptile has the less powerful energy ball. Still it could work well.

devilicious

dream
    Years
    Well, basically, any Pokémon with Blaze/Torrent/Overgrow/Swarm can run SubPetaya/Liechi sets and work nicely. I've done it with Blaziken [and Mothim], myself.

But still, I don't really like Focus Blast... especially not on something with below average defenses like Sceptile. Maybe use Leaf Storm as a 'huge loss, great reward' move? Then again, you'll get walled by Steel types, but it's not like Focus Blast won't fking miss when you most need it.

edit;
    Also, D_A, we need to battle for the Summer League lol.

devilicious

dream
    Years
    So I have been thinking.

Gallade @ Lum Berry / Leftovers
    244 HP / 160 Atk / 104 Spe
    Jolly
    - Thunder Wave
    - Taunt
    - Disable / Reflect
    - Psycho Cut

Crippling Gallade. Meant to be used as lead.
    Jolly 104 beats Max Speed Tyranitar, meaning I can Paralyze it before it's too late.

Taunt disables a lot of other leads, Thunder Wave just does the nasty finishing job. Disable may seem pretty gimmicky, but it may make some Pokémon struggle. Reflect helps Gallade take an extra Physical hit, and might help the team as a whole.

Psycho Cut is just there in case Gengar decides to stay in. Or something. Actually, I just needed a reliable STAB move that didn't, you know, lower my defenses.

Also I don't want to use double status. I just want to Paralyze stuff.

Any comments? EV correction? Move suggestions?

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    HP Ice of anything above 65 is excellent for Heatran.

Devi, that set...it seems very gimmicky to be honest. Others can set against me if they like, but that's just my thought.

Years
    So I have been thinking.

Gallade @ Lum Berry / Leftovers
    244 HP / 160 Atk / 104 Spe
    Jolly
    - Thunder Wave
    - Taunt
    - Disable / Reflect
    - Psycho Cut/Brick Break

Crippling Gallade. Meant to be used as lead.
    Jolly 104 beats Max Speed Tyranitar, meaning I can Paralyze it before it's too late.

Taunt disables a lot of other leads, Thunder Wave just does the nasty finishing job. Disable may seem pretty gimmicky, but it may make some Pokémon struggle. Reflect helps Gallade take an extra Physical hit, and might help the team as a whole.

Psycho Cut is just there in case Gengar decides to stay in. Or something. Actually, I just needed a reliable STAB move that didn't, you know, lower my defenses.

Also I don't want to use double status. I just want to Paralyze stuff.

Any comments? EV correction? Move suggestions?

You can get the same stats with Adamant - 44 Atk, 192 Spd 244 HP, leaving another 28 EVs to toy with.
    And there's no point outspeeding TTar and then being a sitting duck...So Brick break would be a better option over Psycho Cut. (Or CC if you don't mind the stat drop...)

Valarauca

I > U for all real values of U
    Years
    Ok i run a charzard

Charzard @ life orb
    timid
    Ev: 252 spec att, 252 spe, 6 spec def
    -flamethrower
    -dragon pulse
    -hp grass
    -_______

ok here is my choices, which should i go with