• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    I have another question.. I have already EV trained my level 16 Larvitar for speed.. and it has 252 Speed EVs. Now I'm going for the attack and I'm going to get 252 EVs of attack, then 6 of whatever else I feel like.

But after all that EV training, what will happen to the EVs that I gain from battles afterwards? Does my Larvitar just not gain anymore EVs and stick with the ones that it first gained or what? Thanks in advance.

kissing. raindrops

Years
    That's a relief:nervous:.. It's my first time training for EVs, and it's hard to keep track of all those numbers.. 0_0

And my Larvitar's traded from my sister's game, so I get the trade boost=P.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Not sure if this belongs here but can you do UU battles on Shoddy?
    I have tried to figure it out but I cannot find it...
    Do I need to arrange a UU battle to do it?

Last edited:

kissing. raindrops

Years
    Yes I did remember to keep track of the numbers -- with my counter app! and I FINALLY DID IT =D one 252 SPEED, 252 ATTACK, 6 HP ed LARVITAR IS BORN :rambo:!

I am so so happy.. =] First EVed pokemon EVER.. took me the whole day though. Phew.

SmashGood

Me... SMASH!!
    Years
    Had a question about Endure. Would it be viable for double battles? I do not know the mechanics behind it to where if it would only protect you from one blast from the foe, and then get struck down by a second blast, possibly by the foe's partner, in the same turn? Or would it just keep the Poke at 1HP that whole turn?

EDIT:
    Awesome, thank you Kuggles and Aquilae.

Last edited:

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    That is actually quite a good question SmashGood.
    I would assume that it could be taken down by the next foes attack. After all the Pokemon Endures the "hit" not hits.
    Never tried but I would guess that..

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Yes I did remember to keep track of the numbers -- with my counter app! and I FINALLY DID IT =D one 252 SPEED, 252 ATTACK, 6 HP ed LARVITAR IS BORN :rambo:!

I am so so happy.. =] First EVed pokemon EVER.. took me the whole day though. Phew.

It's actually much easier than you think. When I give a damn, it only takes me an hour or two of pure boredom. First off, do you have the Power items (Power anklet, Power Bracer, etc)? do you have spreadable Pokerus? Good. If you have those two, than it's all about knowing what trainer to battle. For instance, with the right Power item & Pokerus, the Fisherman Andrew, whose on Route 222, at the far left, next to Sunnyshore city, has two Gyarados, meaning 24 EVs in attack altogether. Cowgirl Shelly, who is RIGHT BELOW Solcaceon town, has five ultra strong Bidoof, at level 14-16. Meaning 5 EVs altogether, and with Pokerus & the power item, 50. Just know where to go.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    I have looked there and never found anyone online..
    What's more is I don't know how to join that ladder...
    But using UU is fun in OU battles because no-one expects it.. =P

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
    I'm breeding some Duskulls that I'm eventually going to use as a Physical wall/spin blocker. The best one had awesome (for me) HP, Att, and Def, but its Sp.Def is 8. Should I go for higher or will that be okay?

SmashGood

Me... SMASH!!
    Years
    Of course higher SDef would help, but I really do not think it will effect him to much. Especially being your Physical Wall. Then again, this is coming from a trainer who does not see it as worthy spent time to IV breed for ages. My method, I get 6 babies with the right nature and egg moves, then pick one with the IVs I like the most from the lot.

But if you are wondering if the 31 IVs would save you from a certain attack, I cannot help you there as I have no clue.

I also have a question of my own. Does anyone know of a website or tool that would help list to all the Little Cup legal attendees?

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    Alrighty, I've now got 3 symbols in my Emerald version, making it so much easier to get battle points to get the Move Tutor moves.

My question : What moves are competitively viable on what Pokemon?
    I was thinking Ice Punch on Dragonite and Totodile, and Elemental Punches on various other Pokemon.

Ideas?

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    It varies from Pokemon to Pokemon. Dragonite prefers Fire Punch over Ice Punch, otherwise Steels murder him. And he can learn Fire Punch normally. Gatr loves Ice Punch, though.

There's not many other Pokemon that need those moves. Blissey loves her Seismic Toss, though.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    After getting through an IV check, I got this from one of my Eevee.

Eevee
    Impish

HP:26
    ATK:26
    DEF:31
    SP.ATK:x
    SP.DEF:14
    SPE:25

I'm planning on making it a Leafeon. I don't have time at all to breed, so if I had to settle, is this good? For another cheap shot at airconditioning, he had to rebreed because he got a wall with 23 HP, which is poor. I'd like to at least shoot for >25 in HP. As I said, I don't have time to really breed, so would this be good?

BTW, he will NOT be an SDpasser. So speed isn't most important. I wanted it to be in the twenties, however.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Looking to fill the last move on my Lucario, what has better coverage: Shadow Ball or Dark Pulse?

The other three moves on it are Aura Sphere, HP Ice and Dragon Pulse.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back