• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilicious

dream
    Years
    Shadow Ball and Dark Pulse have the same coverage basically.
    Shadow Ball can lower the opponent's Sp. Def and hits Heracross harder, but Dark Pulse can flinch and it hits Normal-types.

Also, HP Ice + Dragon Pulse is kinda... redundant.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Shadow Ball and Dark Pulse have the same coverage basically.
    Shadow Ball can lower the opponent's Sp. Def and hits Heracross harder, but Dark Pulse can flinch and it hits Normal-types.

Also,

HP Ice + Dragon Pulse is kinda... redundant.

Yep ^

And its either one or the other on both D-Pulse and HP Ice.

Hp ice hits Gliscor + Zados harder, whilst Dragon pulse hits Kingdra, has more neutral coverage and higher base power.

Lucario@Choice Specs
    Modest Nature
    252 SP.ATT / 252 SPEED / 6 HP
    Trait : Steadfast
    - Dragon pulse / HP Ice
    - Shadow Ball / Dark Pulse
    - Aura Sphere
    - Vacuum Wave

^Last move plox is what you forgot. Priority is always good, for quick kills on weak foes, OHKOing weavile, and practically ohkoing t-tar aswell.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I can't breed Vacuum Wave onto it as I don't have anything that learns it unfortunately... (and no Wi-fi to get it :<) so I might just put Psychic there to hit Heracross and go with Dark Pulse as well.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    I've been breeding Chanseys lately (for one of those hip new Calm ones) and I've gotten two potential greats:

Chansey #1, Calm, Natural Cure
    HP: 20 - 24
    Att: 28 - 29
    Def: 30 - 31
    SpA: 30 - 31
    SpD: 24 - 27
    Speed: 0 - 12

Chansey #2, Calm, Natural Cure
    HP: 25 - 28
    Att: 3 - 4
    Def: 28 - 29
    SpA: 30 - 31
    SpD: 30 - 31
    Speed: 17 - 19

Fun fact: when I started breeding, the parent Chansey (Calm, flawless HP/ Def/ SDef, Serene Grace) was level 5. That Chansey is now level 93.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    I'm actually considering using both- one for a Cleric, and one for the standard Flamethrower+Seismic Toss one. It kinda seems cooler to have my two Blisseys be sisters than clones. :|

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    I have a question about strategies, here:

Say I have a Forretress with Spikes and Toxic Spikes, and an Ambipom with Substitute, Agility, and Baton Pass. Should I put Forretress first to set up spikes, or Ambipom to speed up Forretress? Or, should I just get a completely different setup?

Sorry if detail seemed minimum.

devilicious

dream
    Years
    It's kinda pointless to pass Speed to Forretress, really, since it won't be sweeping anything. Just put Forry first and set up your hazards and let Ambipom pass the speed to something that will make good use of it.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Infernape is one of the best mixed sweepers in the game- it can run through almost any wall.

Infernape @ Life Orb
    Naive
    232 Spe/ 252 SAtk/ 24 Atk
    - Flamethrower
    - Close Combat
    - Grass Knot
    - Nasty Plot/ Hidden Power [ICE]

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    Okay, I have a question that's been bugging me for the longest time.
    What exactly do you need to be able to go "wireless" and battle people around the world/online? (And isn't that like GTS or something?) Because everytime it's like, You need a wireless router or whatever.. You don't have to buy anything to be able to battle other people, right? Like, I know about the Union Room and all that, it's for people near to you, but when I tried to connect to the wireless connection or w.e it is, it said I couldn't or there was no connection or something...
    So what do I have to do? I really want to battle competitively with other people, but I just don't seem to understand the process in the "connecting" everything.

Thank you in advance for your time!:classic:

Last edited:

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Well, to battle people over the internet, obviously, your DS needs a way to connect to the internet. Your computer, for example, is likely connected to the internet either by an Ethernet cable or wirelessly via a wireless router. Since the DS obviously doesn't have an ethernet port, its only option is to connect wirelessly. Since wireless routers are both wireless and connected to the internet, they're the first things your DS should be connected to.

Also, go to the WiFi/ Computer tech forum for questions like this.

kissing. raindrops

Years
    Please help!

I did go to the Computer/Tech forum, but everyone was asking questions, no one could answer them.

And my labtop is a Vista, it's connected by a wireless router, but I'm just wondering how to get a Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. On the Nintendo WFC Settings option, my "Connection 1" Is "Ready", but when I tap Test Connection, it says, "Error Code: 51099, Unable to find a compatible access point. Confirm SSID settings or move within range of a compatible access point."

(My "SSID" is SMC).

Also, does that mean I have to go out and buy one of those USB Connectors or whatever? Or is there some way I can still connect wireless?

Any ideas anyone?:(

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    If you're connected through a wireless router, everything is suddenly a lot easier. To connect, first you have to make your DS realize that the router exists. Go into the Nintendo WFC Settings on the main menu, then Nintendo WiFi Connection settings. click a connection, Find Access Point, and then it should find your router. You may need to input a code to connect, however. After that, it'll test the connection, and you should be good to go.

Rogue_Ninja

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • Age 44
    • NY
    • Seen Jul 13, 2010
    DS may not be compatible to his wireless modem/router. Mine is not supported so i had to by the USB adapter.

If you have the USB adapter make sure are downloading the Vista update. The software that comes with it on the disk does not work with vista that i know of.

kissing. raindrops

Years
    I'm pretty much upset cause I did what you guys said, I put my DS right next to the wireless router and 'searched for an access point', but then it just says 'no access point in range. Move within range.'
    ...But I like put the stupid DS on top of the router.. How much closer can you get =.=

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    You might need to enter the router's information manually.

Also, are you sure it's a wireless router? Like, it has an antenna and everything?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back