• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti

return of the king
Years
  • Wait, Wi-Fi just sets it to lvl 100? I did not know that.

Its EV spread is factored in, right? I just need to make sure of that before I embark on EV Training another poke for Competitive Battling for being completely certain...

Yes, it fully factors in EVs from what I have heard from the raters here. As in I'm 99.99% sure but somebody could verify that.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Yes, it takes into account the EVs given and adjusts stats accordingly.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • You hide behind a sub and zap stuff with Leech Seed while regaining most of your own health. They usually have HP Fire/Ice to beat grassers the evade Leech Seed and then a STAB move.

Sceptile is probably the best.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    Cant they just like swicth out to ruin the leech seed or is that thepoint where you hit with HP or STAB move

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
  • I know taunt makes it so the opponent can only use attack moves but does it also keep the opposing poke from switching out?

jc_rcw

:God:
    Years
  • No, when you switch out the status wears off.

"New" standard blissey is the same basically.
    ice beam/seismic toss/softboiled/thunder wave @leftover
    With lots of def evs, some hp and sp.atk.

And with subseeding, when they switch out you leech seed the pokemon that comes in and it starts all over again, unless it's a grass which you hit and will probably run from.

Xairmo

Years
  • No i meant when you use taunt and stay in can the other poke switch out?

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • Hi all, whats the new standard blissey?

CLERIC:-
    Blissey@Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    EVs: 142 HP, 252 Def, 116 Sp Atk
    -Aromatherapy
    -Seismic Toss/Thunderwave
    -Softboiled
    -Ice Beam

WISH SUPPORT:-
    Blissey@Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    EVs: 252 Def, 212 Sp Def, 40 Sp Atk
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Ice Beam
    -Seismic Toss/Thunderwave

I think those two are the new standards... could be wrong I guess but it wouldn't be the first time lol

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    What's a decent Roserade moveset? Currently I have this in mind.

Roserade
    Rash (+ Sp. Atk - Sp. Def)
    EVs: 4 HP 252 SP. ATK 252 Speed
    Leaf Storm/Magical Leaf (STAB bonus FTW)
    HP Fire (Takes down those pesky Steels)
    Toxic Spikes/??? (Well, it's a Toxic version of Stealth Rock basically... And I don't have to waste a TM, meh)
    ???

I know I should of had the Roserade (currently a Roselia atm) with a Timid nature, but I gone through several eggs just to get a decent nature and IVs good enough to get HP Fire.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Okay I have to ask this because it's driving me NUTS. Why do people hate on Registeel so much? Seriously, it has A TON of resistances and can take physical and special hits.

I mean I know it can't attack that well but neither can skarmory or Steelix and both of them are pretty good. Only Registeel can take a special hit.

I mean it's resistant to SR and can't be zapped with Toxic, why do people hate it so much? I know its weaknesses suck, but throw in Celebi and Milotic and you've got a pretty solid walling core.

I mean it's a great Porygon-Z counter and takes predicted Explosions. He also owns specsmence's STAB move which is cool. It laughs at Outraging Scarfchomp and you can Explode on it or hit it with Ice Punch.

Even if you make a bad prediction and let Registeel get nailed by a supereffective hit, it's survive and you can switch in a pokemon that resists the attack and gg.

Is it just me or is Registeel underrated seriously? It's a more sturdy SRer than even Bronzong and Swampert and can provide Para or toxic support to a team. And it can BOOM.

So tell me, why do people hate on Registeel?

Xairmo

Years
  • Because registeel is kinda cheap, it can get up to 438 in Def and Sp.Def ._.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back