• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2008
    If i breed a Gligar with 31 IV's in HP and ATK with a Gligar with 31 IV's in DEF will i get a Gligar that has 31 IV's in HP, ATK and DEF?

Years
  • If i breed a Gligar with 31 IV's in HP and ATK with a Gligar with 31 IV's in DEF will i get a Gligar that has 31 IV's in HP, ATK and DEF?

You can, but it's a slim chance.

All 6 IVs are inherited from the parents. Then, upon hatching, 3 are randomly overwritten.

Good luck...

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • All 6 IVs are inherited from the parents. Then, upon hatching, 3 are randomly overwritten.

What? No. All six IVs are randomly determined, not inherited. After that, three random IVs are randomly chosen, and overwritten with IVs from one of the parents.

Yes, you can get a Gligar with 31 Atk, HP, and Def, but it's gonna take a while, I'll tell you that right now. But if you keep at it, and keep breeding, you'll eventually get a Gligar with those inherited IVs.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • I never said you said you hated, but you did call it inferior ;)
    And somehow I dont see a poke with 0 SpAtt investment and self-confessed bad IVs performing an unexpected sweep :P let tangroth continue to do what it does best, which is walling.

Whatever works. Vileplume isn't made for sweeping, yet in the sunlight, I've takeen dowm my fair share of pokes with it. Along with being weak to fire, I have Aromatherapy for status, and with the few times Sunlight actually shows up, KO'ing a few pokes that had not expected it would be better, as no one would waste time statusing it in the sunlight with a now quadruple weakness.

But I have it, I might as well enjoy it.

I also sorta don't see what 0 Sp.Atk has anything to do with sweeping. He does have near max attack IV...

Take that. You just got pwn >:[

Last edited:

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Whatever works. Vileplume isn't made for sweeping, yet in the sunlight, I've takeen dowm my fair share of pokes with it. Along with being weak to fire, I have Aromatherapy for status, and with the few times Sunlight actually shows up, KO'ing a few pokes that had not expected it would be better, as no one would waste time statusing it in the sunlight with a now quadruple weakness.

But I have it, I might as well enjoy it.

I also sorta don't see what 0 Sp.Atk has anything to do with sweeping. He does have near max attack IV...

Take that. You just got pwn >:[

I think not good sir ;)

First off, I was never made aware that you have aromatherapy support, therefore my decision was correct with the information i had to hand

Secondly, While a maxed IV is all well and dandy, A neutral nature and No EVs is still sufficiently lacking for anything capable of being described as a sweep. Yes he can catch things by suprise, but the odds of him running teams through are slim at best.

We'll leave at that we're both right :)

Rogue_Ninja

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • Age 44
    • NY
    • Seen Jul 13, 2010
    EV Training Clarification!!

So before i invest anymore time into ev training i wanna make sure im doing the right thing. So far im training a pichu so im ev training for speed so if i take on 17 starly's that would be 17 ev points into speed correct?

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    ......and there are ways to speed that up
    1) by gaining PKRS and doubling the amount EV's you recieve from the pokemons
    2) by feeding your pokemon vitamins/drugs [10 bottles = 100 EV''s which is the max you can feed it]

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Is it true a CBDeoxys-a w/ Max Attack and Adamant nature can only 3HKO Ninjask?

Pikasaur

Retro Gamer
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2023
    What moves should I change on my Charizard in Yellow?

Charizard
    Level 54
    Attacks:
    Seismic Toss
    Rage
    Flamethrower
    Slash

I think I could find better moves but I'm not sure.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Seismic Toss and Rage aren't going to get you anywhere. Give him some Earthquake. Also, Body Slam > Slash.

As for the last slot, I have no idea what Charizard learns. :/

Rogue_Ninja

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • Age 44
    • NY
    • Seen Jul 13, 2010
    Ok so im just about to finish 1/2 my ev training. Ev trained in speed.

Breloom/Brave/Alert to sounds lvl 29

moves-poison powder/headbutt/force palm/leech seed

95/51/47/45/63

Any suggestions for me?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back