• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Well, that is what happens when you cheat. If the Skipper doesn't take you to Southern Island, you are pretty much out of luck.

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2006
    how do I catch kyoger? I got it to 1hp, put it to sleep, and used 7 ultra balls on it, it wont get caught! what do I do!? (pkmn sapphire)

common I need this info despretly

Years
    Try Net Balls, they work excellent on Water Types. You can also try Timer Balls, they work especially well on Groudon and Kyogre, but they will only work good after a lot of turns. Abd if you're really clueless you could use a Master Ball of course. :P

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    No, save that Master Ball for your Lati@s. My suggestion is to use Great Balls instead of Ultra Balls. Also, if you are giving up after only 7 UBs, then you will never catch it. It will take patience and 20-40 GBs before it will be caught. Just keep putting it to sleep when you need to. You can try to use Net and Timer Balls, but I have always used GBs with consistent success. I say this from experience. I have reset numerous times and have caught Kyogre hundreds of times, mostly only to Soft Reset since it wasn't the right nature. Good luck.

Lathspell

T3H GR34T WH1T3
    Years
    Oki, I have some more questions on Emerald.
    1. Where do I find Wally to battle him over and over again after I beat the Elite 4?
    2. When do the gyms reopen for business?
    3. How do I teach a Smeargle moves? Just schetch them from other pokes? But it only has 1 Schetch!
    4. Anything else in the Altering Cave instead of wild Smeargles? Anything at all? not even a little lost Zubat?

That's all for now, thanks in advance.

Years
    i don't know if anyone has asked about this, there's too many pages but:
    What is the significance of Scorched Slab (Between Fortree and Lilycove) I found it, and it's pretty much empty except for some water and a part of land. Is it important or not?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Answers in bold:
    Lathspell said:
    Oki, I have some more questions on Emerald.
    1. Where do I find Wally to battle him over and over again after I beat the Elite 4?

Wally can be found at the end of Victory Road. Just fly to Ever Grande City and walk back to the cave. He is waiting inside. You can check your PokeNav Match Call to see when he wants to battle again. Not sure the time frame on it.

2. When do the gyms reopen for business?

Again, check your PokeNav Match Call. I haven't bothered to challenge them again so I am not sure of the time frame.

3. How do I teach a Smeargle moves? Just schetch them from other pokes? But it only has 1 Schetch!

Smeargle learns Sketch every 10 levels, beginning at Lv11. The best way to teach a Smeargle a move is to get a Poke that has a move you want Smeargle to have and then fight Interviewer Gabby & Ty (or any other double battle). Have your other Poke use the move you want, and then use Sketch on that Poke. All done. You can either wait 10 levels for another Sketch, or you can use a Heart Scale to teach it again.

4. Anything else in the Altering Cave instead of wild Smeargles? Anything at all? not even a little lost Zubat?

No.

That's all for now, thanks in advance.

Skitty Miaow said:
    i don't know if anyone has asked about this, there's too many pages but:
    What is the significance of Scorched Slab (Between Fortree and Lilycove) I found it, and it's pretty much empty except for some water and a part of land. Is it important or not?
    No. I believe you will only find the TM Sunny Day there.

Jenvy

Gardevoir is the Disco Queen
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Dec 1, 2010
    I just now starting really playing pokemon to raise them to the highest level and get all of the Pokemon, etc. I was wondering what all the talk about EV training and what it has to do with secret bases?

Lathspell

T3H GR34T WH1T3
    Years
    Thanks shane, found Wally just after I posted, and I kind of figured out Smeargle. I really wanted to try the Gym leader's new pokemon :(. Now, a couple more questions.

1. Where can I find Steven again? I'll have to train some more anyway until then, his pokes are all in the 70s IIRC.
    2. What's the easiest way to earn BP at the Fronteer? One round through either of those places gives 1 BP. Rock Slide is 48, and I need it about 3 times, and SD isn't cheap either :(.
    3. How do I compete for the Silver and Gold Medals at the BF?

Pkmn Trainer Chloe

Poke'mon Trainer Chloe
    Years
    Hey Rioku how did u get your pokemon to stand next to you on your Trainer Card and what game is it because it doesn't happen on Sapphire or Emerald ?
    i have to know i'v always wanted a Trainer Card like that. Can u tell me ?

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    I have a question. In emerald, you need to complete your pokedex for the Todotile. I know it is Hoenn but do you have to get Jirachi and Dexoys? Because they are un obtainable now. (Jirachi is though)

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Looks like I got my work cut out for me. Okay, here it goes:
    Milotic<3 said:
    I just now starting really playing pokemon to raise them to the highest level and get all of the Pokemon, etc. I was wondering what all the talk about EV training and what it has to do with secret bases?
    It requires two GBAs and two copies of RSE. Basically you continually restart one game, make a base, mix records with another game, and you eventually have 20 Secret Bases that you can EV train in every day. I would give you more info on this, but my time is limited right now. Maybe later I will come back and expound on this.

shinobi_atoshi said:
    how do you get the game clock to start again (days wont turn over anymore) in emerald?
    This sounds like a ROM, so I cannot help you there. If it is GBA then you cannot change the clock other than starting over a new game.

Lathspell said:
    Thanks shane, found Wally just after I posted, and I kind of figured out Smeargle. I really wanted to try the Gym leader's new pokemon :(. Now, a couple more questions.
    Answers in bold
    1. Where can I find Steven again? I'll have to train some more anyway until then, his pokes are all in the 70s IIRC.

Steven can be found in Meteor Falls, up the waterfall. Yes, you will need to use the Waterfall TM to get to him, so it will be 5 on 6, but Steven's weakness is so big that you will only need 1 or 2 anyway.l

2. What's the easiest way to earn BP at the Fronteer? One round through either of those places gives 1 BP. Rock Slide is 48, and I need it about 3 times, and SD isn't cheap either :(.

The easiest way is to link team battle with someone else. If you cannot do that, then team battle with an AI counterpart (third from left, IIRC). Those two earn you the most BP per match win (7 battles).

3. How do I compete for the Silver and Gold Medals at the BF?

You have to defeat all the "brains" in each section. If I had more time I would give you more info. Maybe later I could PM it to you or post it here.

Pkmn Trainer Chloe said:
    Hey Rioku how did u get your pokemon to stand next to you on your Trainer Card and what game is it because it doesn't happen on Sapphire or Emerald ?
    i have to know i'v always wanted a Trainer Card like that. Can u tell me ?
    Your best bet is to PM this person this question. You will get a much better, not to mention quicker, response.

mathrocks12345 said:
    I have a question. In emerald, you need to complete your pokedex for the Todotile. I know it is Hoenn but do you have to get Jirachi and Dexoys? Because they are un obtainable now. (Jirachi is though)
    Jirachi and Deoxys are not counted in completing the Hoenn Pokedex in order to get a Johto starter. You only need 200 Pokes to do it. Good luck.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    ok ive opened each of the regi doors. I entered regirocks chamber first and did as #1 Latias said. When I battled regirock I put it to sleep and put it on low hp but it wouldnt be caught. I even tried timer balls and many turns but it still didnt work. To make sure i dont mess up again what should i do?

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    the best chance of catching them is to use great balls with timer ball. and have something with falseswipe.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    to go with the Pokedex question, can I trade my Pidgey to Emerald, and will it still count of part of the Pokedex? Or do only Hoenn pokemon count?

Jenvy

Gardevoir is the Disco Queen
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Dec 1, 2010
    You need the National Pokedex, then all pokemon will count. =)

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    andrewv42 said:
    ok ive opened each of the regi doors. I entered regirocks chamber first and did as #1 Latias said. When I battled regirock I put it to sleep and put it on low hp but it wouldnt be caught. I even tried timer balls and many turns but it still didnt work. To make sure i dont mess up again what should i do?
    I would also suggest you use Great Balls instead of Ultra Balls. Keep in mind that you could go through 30-50 balls before a legendary will be caught. Some people get lucky and only need to use 10. It is all a matter of percentages. It has been my experience that the catching rate is higher with GBs than UBs. I don't know if that is a flaw within the program, but I have tracked it and it has so far been true. Also, I do hope that you are saving your game BEFORE you actually attack the Regi. If you are going through too many balls and you are going to run out, simple SR and try again. You also do this so you can end up with a Regi with a good Nature.

mathrocks12345 said:
    to go with the Pokedex question, can I trade my Pidgey to Emerald, and will it still count of part of the Pokedex? Or do only Hoenn pokemon count?
    You cannot even trade Pidgey to Emerald until you have received the National Pokedex from Prof. Birch. You will get the NP once you defeat the E4. Once that is done, trade away.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    I mean if I trade it (assuming I have National and defeat elite 4), will the Pidgey count onto getting a Jhoto Starter?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back