• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2007
    Hello!

Afew questions:-

Where is Sky Pillar.Excact directions please I cant find it!

How do you get the Mach bike over the holes in mirage tower?

What moves does Skitty learn past Lv.32

On the way towards Dewford I saaw this rock and a ruin maniac says it is special.Is it?

I cannnnnt find Illumnise or Volbeat anywhere.Where are they/

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Hello!

On the way towards Dewford I saaw this rock and a ruin maniac says it is special.Is it?

1. Sky Pillar is east of Pacifidlog Town, you Surf north east until you see either a small island that you can reach or some deep water that looks like dive. Depending on which game you have. If the water looks like it can be dived in, that means you dont have access yet to Sky Pillar.

2. You have to move on the Mach Bike at a reasonable speed and then turn at the right places keeping that speed to get across all holes.

3. Heal Bell at Lvl 37 and Double-Edge at Lvl 39.

4. It is where one of the Regi's is located. I've forgotten which one though.

Agent9

You could care less....
    Years
  • Hello!

You surf a bit east and it's to the north of Pacifdlog. Only acessable if you beat the Elite Four.

Mirage Tower? You need to go very fast and time your turns and you should get through it.

Bleh.

It's a cave to a Regi most likely.

To the east of Verdanturf town and to the West of Mauville. They are in one of the grass patches. Harder to find one of them depending on what version you got.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2007
    Hello!

- to get to the sky pillar go to Pacifidlog City, go back east to
    Route 131, stay along the rocks on the top of 131 until you see an opening

- skitty learns heal bell at 37 and double edge at 39

- Illumnise or Volbeat are both on route 117, volbeat is rare so it might take some patience

Agent9

You could care less....
    Years
  • Hello!

You surf a bit east and it's to the north of Pacifdlog. Only acessable if you beat the Elite Four.

Mirage Tower? You need to go very fast and time your turns and you should get through it.

Bleh.

It's a cave to a Regi most likely.

To the east of Verdanturf town and to the West of Mauville. They are in one of the grass patches. Harder to find one of them depending on what version you got.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    But I got to Ananbel in the Battle Tower, and took out her Alakazam with one Meteor Mash (I was amazed that one of his Fire Punches failed to KO Metagross!), then Metagross sucumbed to Entei, because I thought I might get an Earthquake in before being killed. No such luck. So Milotic takes care of Entei without too much trouble, and then Snorlax finishes off Milotic before I can Recover. Then I sent out my Blissey, and figured this would be easy. And BAM, one Headbutt practically took 1/4 HP. So I softboil a few times, while giving him Ice Beams and Thunderbolts (not doing much), and it comes down to it: he's in the red; I'm in low yellow. I know one attack from me will take him out, and I'd been moving first throughout all of this, even when BOTH of us were paralyzed. So I figured, I'd move first, take him out, come out victorious, and get my Silver Symbol. Well... Snorlax went first. I think I actually shouted out "You little bastard!" at 2 am in the morning.

Heh, I just had a similar problem with Tucker. My Mence was down in the red and had just KOed his Swampert with Rock Slide (with help from my suicidal Sceptile--I'll explain why I used Rock Slide later), and out comes his Salamence. I use Rock Slide again, and get lucky as it knocks over 50% of its HP AND makes him flinch. I'm like, "I'm going to win!"....I use it again,......and it misses. I promptly get KOed and have to go through those battles all over again.

Moral: I HATE CHOICE BAND!!!!!! If I hadn't had it equipped, I could have killed Swampert with Aerial Ace before getting hit and then used Rock Slide to finish his Salamence, but NOO, I'm stuck to one move. So I had to go against Swampert using Rock Slide or else I'd be stuck doing less-than-ideal damage in the last fight.

OOtzgento and Agent9, stop it.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • Everyone says it, and I don't understand it, what is EV training?

EVs are something obtained from battling certain wild Pokes that can boost a certain stat. Every Pokemon is worth a certain EV for a certain stat, and some more than others. For every four EVs a Poke obtains, that's an extra one point increase in the specific stat. Spindas give you one EV towards Special Attack. So if you were to battle four Spindas, you would get one extra point towards Special Attack.

You can only obtain a total of 510 EVs, though; 255 for any single stat (252 if you're wise, seeing as how 255 is not divisible by 4). So that means you can increase any stat by 63 points, which can prove exremely beneficial. But you must be wise in using them; for example, they would go to waste in Alakazam's Attack stat, but if you used them to boost his Special Attack, then you'll have one jacked up Alakazam.

There are plenty of guides here about EV training, so just search around this thread for a while, and you'll most likely find answers to all of your EV questions. :-)

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • Heh, I just had a similar problem with Tucker. My Mence was down in the red and had just KOed his Swampert with Rock Slide (with help from my suicidal Sceptile--I'll explain why I used Rock Slide later), and out comes his Salamence. I use Rock Slide again, and get lucky as it knocks over 50% of its HP AND makes him flinch. I'm like, "I'm going to win!"....I use it again,......and it misses. I promptly get KOed and have to go through those battles all over again.

Moral: I HATE CHOICE BAND!!!!!! If I hadn't had it equipped, I could have killed Swampert with Aerial Ace before getting hit and then used Rock Slide to finish his Salamence, but NOO, I'm stuck to one move. So I had to go against Swampert using Rock Slide or else I'd be stuck doing less-than-ideal damage in the last fight.

I found out my problem was allowing Metagross to be taken out; see, I learned that Blissey will almost ALWAYS lose to Snorlax, while Snorlax will usually ALWAYS lose to Metagross. So I'm going to do it a bit more wise next time, and make sure I fix the order of my Pokes. That, and just gain some more common sense. :-P

Oh, and make sure that Metagross is NOT taken out before it gets to Snorlax. lol

Either that, or use my Swampert in the series of battles that leads up to Annabel. That might be better, especially up against Alakazam and Entei. But who do I switch out? Blissey is a tank, but ineffective in the offense department. Milotic is amazing, serving as almost a duel Special Sweeper/Defense Wall/Special Defense Wall (her Special Defense is only about ten below Blissey), although her HP cancels that out. Maybe Metagross, Swampert, Blissey would be effective. Maybe not... I'll have to try it out!

Oh, and Choice Band is useful, but it takes a near expert to use it properly. I tend to steer clear of it, but seeing the power it gives to my Metagross, I'm highly considering CBgross over Agiligross.

Years
  • Can you still breed pokemon even if they aren't female? Like in Emerald can you get a ditto so that I can breed my male Mudkip for a friend? Can you find a ditto in Emerald?

Edit: And if you find a Shiny Ditto will it be a %50 chance that you get a shiny egg?

Yami Rui

Awww {Tackle Glomps}
    Years
  • Can you still breed pokemon even if they aren't female? Like in Emerald can you get a ditto so that I can breed my male Mudkip for a friend? Can you find a ditto in Emerald?

Edit: And if you find a Shiny Ditto will it be a %50 chance that you get a shiny egg?

Yes you can breed a male pokemon with a Ditto to get yourself a egg. Ditto's are found in the Desert Underpass {I think that's what it's called} after you beat the Pokemon League.

About the shiny egg thing, I don't think so.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Oh, and Choice Band is useful, but it takes a near expert to use it properly. I tend to steer clear of it, but seeing the power it gives to my Metagross, I'm highly considering CBgross over Agiligross.

...I've been playing since RBY. It's not a matter of not knowing how to use it properly...it's a matter of my bad luck when my opponent switches into a Poke resistant/immune to the attack I'm stuck on. Oh, and Rock Slide having horribly-timed misses (ARGH).

Auron:

1. It's the Ditto nature that SMIV was missing. Nothing you need to worry yourself with (or has to do with you, to be honest/blunt).

2. It hasn't evolved yet because it evolves via Water Stone, not level >.>

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    SMIV ?? I dunno what is it...

BTW, thanks. I was wondering about the stone...However, because it's Water/Grass (Or viceversa xD) I guessed that it couldn't be. Also...For Nuzleaf is the same thing ??

It's the person's USERNAME. Geez, that's kind of insulting...

And, like Yami Rui said, Nuzleaf evolves through use of the Leaf Stone.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back