• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Well I've made two maps, one on top of the other. Looks fine in the connections editor but then when I try it on the emulator it works fine, but then when I try to go back to the other maps it looks terrible and messes up both maps. Anybody know how to fix?

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2014
    Well I've made two maps, one on top of the other. Looks fine in the connections editor but then when I try it on the emulator it works fine, but then when I try to go back to the other maps it looks terrible and messes up both maps. Anybody know how to fix?

I had this problem when using different tilesets for the two maps. The first tileset was the same, but the second was different, thus corrupting something. I fixed it by making it the same tileset, however, that of course is not a proper fix, but a halfarsed solution.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Alright for the ten billionth time:

Last time I had AMap 1.95, which I had little problem handling except for map connections. These were fixed, I think, by downgrading to 1.92 (which corrupts the ROM so I can't test map connections), but created a bunch more critical problems for me, such as creating new maps with custom names.

I'm still trying to give Route 16 a custom name. Under 1.95, this required a roundabout method, but after a bit of trial and error I figured out the problem and got it straightened out. However, it required a feature evidently exclusive to 1.95 which allowed you to edit the map header name outside of the ROM (in the "map files" section), and then insert it, which gave me no problem. Under 1.92, creating a new map creates it outside of the ROM, but I have to insert it - without a custom header name - so it loads as "Pallet Town" and I can't do anything to have it unique.

Can someone who knows what they're doing help me here?

(Update: Forgot my special method, and now being presented with an "access violation" error via what I thought it was.)

In Advance Map 1.92, I don't think you can add new names, but when you insert a new map and its name is "Pallet Town", you can easily change it to any of the other available names in the game, for example, Route 16, in Header View.

Is it possible to change the amount of blocks in tileset 1? I can sucessfully change the amount on tileset 2, but it doesn't seem like A-Map 1.5 have an option allowing you to do the same for tileset 2.

You can change the tileset you want to expand to tileset 2 in the header, for example, in your case I think it would be 0, you can use it in both tileset 1 and 2 and expand it. However, in Fire Red at least, tileset 0 already has the maximum blocks possible, 384.

Well if the second tileset, is the same in both maps, are the connection offsets set properly for both maps?

I had this problem when using different tilesets for the two maps. The first tileset was the same, but the second was different, thus corrupting something. I fixed it by making it the same tileset, however, that of course is not a proper fix, but a halfarsed solution.

If you leave enough "space" that doesn't use tileset 2 blocks where the two maps are connected, this shouldn't be a problem.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2018
    Hello people , after reading a bunch of tutorials and some help post here i could not find a solution
    for this problem...

how to create a outdoor map... because all maps i tried to create so far wont allow me a use bike or run...

i tried to use bank 0 and 3 ...
    i read something about map meta data.. on poke essentials
    Outdoor=true
    Bicycle=true

tried to change map Hex but ... nothing

ad map 1.95
    ROM :fire red

any help would be appreciated thanks.

(i already enabled the running shoes indoors)

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Hello people , after reading a bunch of tutorials and some help post here i could not find a solution
    for this problem...

how to create a outdoor map... because all maps i tried to create so far wont allow me a use bike or run...

i tried to use bank 0 and 3 ...
    i read something about map meta data.. on poke essentials
    Outdoor=true
    Bicycle=true

tried to change map Hex but ... nothing

ad map 1.95
    ROM :fire red

any help would be appreciated thanks.

(i already enabled the running shoes indoors)

In Advance Map's header view, at the Map Options' Type, change it to Village or Route.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2018
    Thank Spheal ... professional header view came enabled by default :P

But still not working tried city vilage and route

Last edited:

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    I have a question, does anyone here know how to edit the HP Bars in Pokemon Firered? I've edited the images in UNLZ but it doesn't work, and I know I've indexed them and used the correct palettes. Is there a tutorial someone could give me or maybe help me with this?

Years
  • I am new here, and i've looked up on how to use the shinyzer program for pokemon fire red (us) version, but I guess I still need help. May I ask for some Assistance please?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • I am new here, and i've looked up on how to use the shinyzer program for pokemon fire red (us) version, but I guess I still need help. May I ask for some Assistance please?
    That's no problem, feel free to ask your question here.

Years
  • That's no problem, feel free to ask your question here.

Well, How do you exactly make it where if the player steps on a certain spot in the game, the next pokemon will be a shiny pokemon ? Ive played a rom hack like this, i think it was either darkcry or lightplatinum.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Well, How do you exactly make it where if the player steps on a certain spot in the game, the next pokemon will be a shiny pokemon ? Ive played a rom hack like this, i think it was either darkcry or lightplatinum.
    You'd need to put a script on a certain tile in the map and on it set the var which the Shinyzer requires to work and from there to next Pokémon should be shiny iirc.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2018
    hi any other away to make a"outdoor" map ?

Already tried the options signaling Route City or Vilage,(disabling professional header view) still , can't use the bike.

Tried on Adv. Map 1.92 too, no luck.

Last edited:
    Years
  • You'd need to put a script on a certain tile in the map and on it set the var which the Shinyzer requires to work and from there to next Pokémon should be shiny iirc.

Oh gosh, I have no idea how to do that, is there a video tutorial I could use by chance? Like a n0ob proof?

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2018
    ok i think i found a solution for my problem can't run cant' ride bike,
    using control+h changing parameter on the header section and comparing with other maps

I added a 3 "route" manually for my map... now i can ride the bike on my maps .
    the simple view system did not work for indoor or outdoor type... only the professional header.

Just add 3 on following position
    ROUTE_TYPE.JPG

MAP ON BANK 3
    ROM : FIRE RED
    AD. MAP : 1.95

Last edited:
    Years
  • In Advance Map 1.92, I don't think you can add new names, but when you insert a new map and its name is "Pallet Town", you can easily change it to any of the other available names in the game, for example, Route 16, in Header View.

Thanks. I've figured that out, and that's why I've switched back to 1.95, which is working fine now. Problem is, I've forgotten my method (which I believe involved editing the map's name on a separate, guinea pig ROM) and now I'm presented with an "access violation" error when I attempt to open the custom-named map.

hi any other away to make a"outdoor" map ?

Already tried the options signaling Route City or Vilage,(disabling professional header view) still , can't use the bike.

Tried on Adv. Map 1.82 too, no luck.

What version are you using? 1.82 is ridiculously old.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    Thanks. I've figured that out, and that's why I've switched back to 1.95, which is working fine now. Problem is, I've forgotten my method (which I believe involved editing the map's name on a separate, guinea pig ROM) and now I'm presented with an "access violation" error when I attempt to open the custom-named map.
    I would advise against using Advance Map 1.95. It's an unfinished beta that can actually corrupt the rom you're working with. I speak from experience. (inserting tilesets created a bunch of glitchy problems I couldn't solve)

Years
  • I would advise against using Advance Map 1.95. It's an unfinished beta that can actually corrupt the rom you're working with. I speak from experience. (inserting tilesets created a bunch of glitchy problems I couldn't solve)

Yes, but it contains features that I need that 1.92 doesn't have, and it works fine for me. (For one thing, because I don't want new tilesets.) If you choose to demand that I use 1.92, please recommend me an entirely different program.

Right now I'm having more problems getting rid of a Cut tree in my way.

Last edited:

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • WHY DO THE HERO FRONT AND BACK SPRITES HAVE TO SHARE A PALETTE WHYYY

Ahem, anyways ... so like for the past two days in what free time I've had I've been trying to insert my back sprites... I've been able to do so but of course inserting the new back sprite will mess up the palette of the hero front sprite .. if i knew the hero offset for NSE 2.0 maybe I could avoid this by correcting its palette. i even tried inserting a 8 by 244 image of the hero/heroine backsprites with the hero front sprite as extra imagery below it to get the images to have same palette then insert the hero sprite afterwards... no the hero front sprite doesn't want to cooperate ... please I know most of you don't ever answer for sprite questions -.- would be nice, any help is awesome

i know heroine sprite is at D61A58 for me, just can't find the hero sprite

Edit: Figured it out with hex ... used palette viewer > found the palette in HxD and then manipulated palette so that the palette was in favor of the hero sprite. then I just opened up the hero back sprite (since thats the only offset i have) so i have to recolor the images in NSE but all is well in the end!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back