• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • What it's the "If" for Thumb?

B{<cond>} <Target Addr> ?

Or cmp?

---

Hey guys, sorry for too many questions (Without answer, but anyway)

I'm having troubles with this routine:

Code:
    .text
    .align 2
    .thumb
    .thumb_func
    .global Show_Image

push {r0-r3, lr}
    	ldr r0,#0x04000000 
    	ldrh r1,#0x6404
    	strh r0,[r1]
    	ldr r0,#0x0
    	ldr r1,#0x0
    	ldr r0,#0x0600961F
    	ldr r1,.Offset_Imagen
    	bl .Loop
    .Loop	sub r0,#0x20
    	add r1,#0x20
    	ldr r2,[r1]
    	ldr r0,[r2]
    	add r3,#0x1
    	B {r3 EQ #0x95FF}
    	pop {r0-r3, PC}

.align 2

.Offset_Imagen:
    		 .word 0x0895FFE0

This its what Thumb Says:

Microsoft Windows [Versión 6.1.7600]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. Reservados todos los derechos.

C:\Users\Lucas\Desktop\thumb>thumb TESTRU.asm TESTRU.bin
    TESTRU.asm: Assembler messages:
    TESTRU.asm: 0: Warning: end of file not at end of a line; newline inserted
    TESTRU.asm: 8: Error: bad expression -- `ldr r0,#0x04000000'
    TESTRU.asm: 9: Error: bad expression -- `ldrh r1,#0x6404'
    TESTRU.asm: 11: Error: bad expression -- `ldr r0,#0x0'
    TESTRU.asm: 12: Error: bad expression -- `ldr r1,#0x0'
    TESTRU.asm: 13: Error: bad expression -- `ldr r0,#0x0600961F'
    TESTRU.asm: 16: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.loop'
    TESTRU.asm: 21: Error: bad expression -- `b {r3=#0x95FF}'

The Objective of this its to load an 256*160px Bitmap in mode 4 of video... Any help will be apreciated

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2021
    Hi all. I posted here back in 2012 with a problem I was having with my Ruby hack.
    Recently, I've been getting back into working on my hack, and have rediscovered the issue.
    Basically, I'm having trouble replacing the gym leader battle sprites. I can change one to custom sprite via unLZ, but it will make all the other gym leaders sprite muck up. If I try and swap the other gym leader sprites, again, one will be fine and the rest will go wrong.
    I've managed to change normal player sprites just fine (in unLZ they go strange colours, but in-game they're perfectly normal), but for some reason the gym leaders never work out.

I've looked at plenty of tutorials, I've made sure the offset image ends in 0,4,8 or C in free space finder, but... Nothing seems to work.
    No one was able to solve it last time, but perhaps someone might have some wisdom for me this time?
    Cheers!

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • Hi all. I posted here back in 2012 with a problem I was having with my Ruby hack.
    Recently, I've been getting back into working on my hack, and have rediscovered the issue.
    Basically, I'm having trouble replacing the gym leader battle sprites. I can change one to custom sprite via unLZ, but it will make all the other gym leaders sprite muck up. If I try and swap the other gym leader sprites, again, one will be fine and the rest will go wrong.
    I've managed to change normal player sprites just fine (in unLZ they go strange colours, but in-game they're perfectly normal), but for some reason the gym leaders never work out.

I've looked at plenty of tutorials, I've made sure the offset image ends in 0,4,8 or C in free space finder, but... Nothing seems to work.
    No one was able to solve it last time, but perhaps someone might have some wisdom for me this time?
    Cheers!

Hi you can easily use NSE 2.X then take Tajaros' tut on the tutorial section.
    You can download NSE 2.X on the toolbox section, hope you do great!

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Very nooby question about vars: I want a textbox to display a specific value depending on the value of a var. So say I have var 0x4015 set to 0x1. I want this text to display:

You've completed this x time(s)

With x being the var, so since it's set to 0x1 it would be:

You've completed this 1 time(s)

Same thing if the var was set to 2, 3, 4 etc. The x would be equal to it.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Very nooby question about vars: I want a textbox to display a specific value depending on the value of a var. So say I have var 0x4015 set to 0x1. I want this text to display:

You've completed this x time(s)

With x being the var, so since it's set to 0x1 it would be:

You've completed this 1 time(s)

Same thing if the var was set to 2, 3, 4 etc. The x would be equal to it.

I believe that using a "buffernumber" would work. But I'm not sure. Never used it before.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2021
    Hi you can easily use NSE 2.X then take Tajaros' tut on the tutorial section.
    You can download NSE 2.X on the toolbox section, hope you do great!

Hi! Thanks for this, it's good to have another option.
    Except, it's not working for me? I tried to load a slightly edited male sprite but in game it has messed up colours. I can't understand what I'm doing wrong when I'm following the tutorial exactly (Asides from the bits before the NSE part, as I have photoshop for that stuff) and have tried multiple times...

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
    Years
  • What it's the "If" for Thumb?

B{<cond>} <Target Addr> ?

Or cmp?

---

Hey guys, sorry for too many questions (Without answer, but anyway)

I'm having troubles with this routine:

Code:
    .text
    .align 2
    .thumb
    .thumb_func
    .global Show_Image
    [B][COLOR=Blue]Main:[/COLOR][/B]
        push {r0-r[COLOR=SeaGreen]4[/COLOR], lr}
        [S][COLOR=Red][B]ldr r0,#0x04000000[/B][/COLOR][/S][COLOR=SeaGreen][B] ldr r0, .Offset04000000[/B][/COLOR]
        [COLOR=Red][B][S]ldrh r1,#0x6404[/S][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=SeaGreen][B]ldrh r1, .HalfWord6404[/B][/COLOR]
        strh r0,[r1]
        ldr r0,#0x0
        ldr r1,#0x0
    [COLOR=Red][B]   [S] ldr r0,#0x0600961F[/S] [COLOR=SeaGreen]ldr r0, .Offset0600961F[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR] [B][COLOR=Blue]//You can ONLY load bytes without a variable. Nothing bigger.[/COLOR][/B]
        ldr r1,.Offset_Imagen
        [COLOR=Red][S]bl[/S][/COLOR] [B][COLOR=SeaGreen]b[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=Blue]Loop[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=SeaGreen]//Bl only if you plan to return to here by popping pc[/COLOR][/B]
    [COLOR=Blue][B]Loop: [/B][/COLOR]   sub r0,#0x20 [B][COLOR=Blue]//Style: Variables use .XXX while functions use just plain english.[/COLOR]
    [/B]     add r1,#0x20
        ldr r2,[r1]
        ldr r0,[r2]
        add r3,#0x1
        [COLOR=SeaGreen][B]ldrh r4, .HalfWord95FF[/B]
        [B]cmp r3, [/B][B]r4[/B][/COLOR]
        [COLOR=Red][B][S]B {r3 EQ #0x[/S][/B][/COLOR][S][COLOR=Red][B][B][COLOR=Red]95FF[/COLOR][/B]}[/B][/COLOR][/S] [B][COLOR=DarkOrchid]beq Bler[/COLOR][/B]
        pop {r0-r[COLOR=Blue]4[/COLOR], PC}
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Bler:
        ldr r0, .OffsetToBlTo
        bl r0[/COLOR][/B]
    .align 2

.Offset_Imagen: .word 0x0895FFE0
    [COLOR=Red][B].Offset[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=Red][B][COLOR=Red][B]0600961F: .word 0x[/B][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][COLOR=Red][B][COLOR=Red][B]0600961F[/B][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Red][B].Offset04000000: .word 0x04000000[/B][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=SeaGreen][B].HalfWord95FF: .hword 0x95FF
    .HalfWord6404: .hword 0x6404[/B][/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrchid].OffsetToBlTo: .word 0x[FILL IT IN][/COLOR][/B]
    This its what Thumb Says:

Microsoft Windows [Versión 6.1.7600]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. Reservados todos los derechos.

TESTRU.asm: Assembler messages:
    TESTRU.asm: 0: Warning: end of file not at end of a line; newline inserted
    TESTRU.asm: 8: Error: bad expression -- `ldr r0,#0x04000000'
    TESTRU.asm: 9: Error: bad expression -- `ldrh r1,#0x6404'
    TESTRU.asm: 11: Error: bad expression -- `ldr r0,#0x0'
    TESTRU.asm: 12: Error: bad expression -- `ldr r1,#0x0'
    TESTRU.asm: 13: Error: bad expression -- `ldr r0,#0x0600961F'
    TESTRU.asm: 16: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.loop'
    TESTRU.asm: 21: Error: bad expression -- `b {r3=#0x95FF}'

The Objective of this its to load an 256*160px Bitmap in mode 4 of video... Any help will be apreciated

Look at my changes above.^ ^ ^ ^ ^ I may have missed something. You seem to get the concept, just the rules are killing you.:P

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Damn, I was really hoping I could keep my hack's gyms under wraps until the beta's release, but I found a problem with the movement permissions in this one that might necessitate a redesign, and I've already put a LOT of work into this gym.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Hi,

I would found the data using the CS Vol.
    These data are not listed in the object itself.
    How could I do to find the famous offset where the data?

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
  • If no one knows of any safe flags to use in Emerald, then what would be the best way to go about finding them myself? Anything more convenient than sorting through each script and writing them down?

Last edited:

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2019
    Does anyone know how wild pokemon data is located in the ROM? I can't find it in the map header. I want to test my expanded pokedex but I cant get past deoxys

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
    Years
  • Does anyone know how wild pokemon data is located in the ROM? I can't find it in the map header. I want to test my expanded pokedex but I cant get past deoxys

The offsets for wild data are listed right above the wild data in A-map.......

If no one knows of any safe flags to use in Emerald, then what would be the best way to go about finding them myself? Anything more convenient than sorting through each script and writing them down?

That is how they were found for FR.:P So yeah, that is the best way. I would suggest finding HackMew's (or was it TheTheTheThe's?) script dumps for emerald.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    If you want to go from C to 3C, put a 0 between ;)

The thing is, I *don't* want to go between C and 3C in this case, but it happens anyway. I need to stop the player from being able to walk off the side of the ship or into the cabin and resetting back to the lower level.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2018
    how come the them changed :O i liked th eolder one lol XD

anyways still looking for help on these if anyone has helpful info :)

"just noticed the map for fire red has switching? for the sevii islands how do i change all the maps?
    This is controlled by some bytes which I cannot remember the location of"

Does anyone know about the map question?

anyone :O? need help here lol

and on a previous page i talked to someone about this post i made:

"I saw a hack that had a feature i like to have, they had shadow pokes, and when it appeared there was a text box to say
    "OH!
    It's a Shadow Pokemon"

Id like to use this for my nightmare pokes"

And she said to use A-text to edit what it says when i a wild pokemon, appears, and we didnt get that much further into it, here are my questions abotu it.

1. How would i go about doing this?
    2. Would this effect all and only shiny pokemon throughout the game?
    3. If what she mentioned is not what im looking for how would i go about doing this??

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
  • That is how they were found for FR.:P So yeah, that is the best way. I would suggest finding HackMew's (or was it TheTheTheThe's?) script dumps for emerald.

It was a pain to find, but I finally found a link that wasn't dead. Time to get crackin'

An unrelated question, is there a script command to return a value for the map the player is currently on? I seem to remember seeing something about returning the player's x- and y-coordinates on the map, but I'm only interested in the map itself.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    Can anyone help me with this?
    So I was looking through Pokemon Emerald on Advance Map, and I found this:

Since May is supposed to be there, I figured that the sprite there would dynamically change depending on your gender. But then I saw this:

I don't remember those sprites being in the game, and I'm not really sure what their purpose is. I'm really confused on what this sprite does. Can anyone elaborate on its purpose?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back