• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Does anyone know if there are any negative effects of making a move have 99 base PP?
    i.e does it glitch up if you use a pp max on move with 99 base PP?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Does anyone know if there are any negative effects of making a move have 99 base PP?
    i.e does it glitch up if you use a pp max on move with 99 base PP?

1: no
    2: yes
    the pp max is supposed to increase it (from 5 to 8, etc)
    If the pp max doesn't have code for moves over 40 pp, then you'd either freeze or nothing'd happen (or both)
    Basically, try it out, then if nothing happens you'd have to recode it. Plus, if it just so happens to increase the amount, all of the digits won't show. This is like the pomeg glitch. The health is supposed to show 3 digits, not 5, so it will show ??5 instead of 65535. For pp, it's supposed to show 2 digits, and if it goes to say 255 it'll show ?5

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
    Years
  • I recently returned to the pokemon hacking community and I have a technical question. After windows 7, windows paint doesn't support indexed sprites. Is there an alternative program I could use ?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • I recently returned to the pokemon hacking community and I have a technical question. After windows 7, windows paint doesn't support indexed sprites. Is there an alternative program I could use ?

The Paint from XP, just you'd need to claim ownership over the win7 paint, then replace it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    1: no
    2: yes
    the pp max is supposed to increase it (from 5 to 8, etc)
    If the pp max doesn't have code for moves over 40 pp, then you'd either freeze or nothing'd happen (or both)
    Basically, try it out, then if nothing happens you'd have to recode it. Plus, if it just so happens to increase the amount, all of the digits won't show. This is like the pomeg glitch. The health is supposed to show 3 digits, not 5, so it will show ??5 instead of 65535. For pp, it's supposed to show 2 digits, and if it goes to say 255 it'll show ?5

Thanks for the answer. I just settled for a base of 40 instead.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    I added a building from Emerald to Fire Red. I understand the whole tile inserting part, but the door for the building is too big for Fire Red. Is there a way to change the size of the door in dooranimedit?

Years
  • The games only have 3 buffers. You need to work around it by showing the first three stats, like you have done, then load the next three stats into the buffers, and then show the msgbox again. In game, there will be a short flicker as one textbox closes and the second one opens, but you will be able to show all the stats. This is more of a Simple Question Thread question, actually.

Sorry I did not see your reply, anyway thank you very much, and i will take care next time, so that I won't mixed this thread with simple question thread :)

Veng3anc3

Woah..
    Years
  • Hi Guys, I've searched all through the thread for a similar answer and couldn't find it.

I've recently edited one of the Sevii Islands (FR) to make a new city (edited dimensions, map, movement permissions). I've planned out an event where I'm going from Pallet town to this map but I can't seem to get any method of warping to work.

I've tried using a standard door to door warp on Amap, I've tried using a warp script but I keep popping into 2 errors. It'll either warp me into a full screen of trees where I can't move (map label comes up as Route 1) OR, the screen just goes black and freezes. I've tried using the same script to warp to random co-ordinates in Viridian and it works fine so I'm quite convinced its not my scripting.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Years
  • First, my question, which was never answered.

I've managed in AMAP to fuse Route 16 and Celadon in terms of name, and I want them separate again. How do I do this without renaming both the route and Celadon to the same thing?

Second: some help.

Hi Guys, I've searched all through the thread for a similar answer and couldn't find it.

I've recently edited one of the Sevii Islands (FR) to make a new city (edited dimensions, map, movement permissions). I've planned out an event where I'm going from Pallet town to this map but I can't seem to get any method of warping to work.

I've tried using a standard door to door warp on Amap, I've tried using a warp script but I keep popping into 2 errors. It'll either warp me into a full screen of trees where I can't move (map label comes up as Route 1) OR, the screen just goes black and freezes. I've tried using the same script to warp to random co-ordinates in Viridian and it works fine so I'm quite convinced its not my scripting.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Exactly what are you doing? How are you setting up the warp via the door-to-door method?

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2022
    Hey, so I'm really more of a lurker on these forums than anything, but I have a question and I hope I'm asking it in the right place.

I made a fairly simple FireRed hack a few months ago, and I've just discovered that when a Pokemon is supposed to evolve the screen goes black. The music continues to play, but it stays on that black screen and doesn't do anything. No buttons can be pressed, and it makes no attempt to play the evolution animation.
    I'm not sure why this is, as I never really meddled with the coding for the game, so I don't know what could have caused the issue.
    Could anyone give me any ideas as to what would cause this sort of problem so I can attempt to fix it?

Veng3anc3

Woah..
    Years
  • @kelario27

I created a warp event in Amap, set unknown to 03 (as its a door. I have tried with 00 as well just out of curiosity but same result), its two island I've modified so I've set the map bank to 3 and the map no. to 13. The warp in my new map is the only warp on that map so its set to warp no. 0.

Essentially its a script I'd be using to do the warp anyway but I just find it bizarre then when I try either method of warping I get an undesirable effect.

EDIT: Through the story in my hack i'm going to be using a script to get to theis area but I added a warp so I could go to the area before certain events to test the maps connections&events there, just to add some context hehe.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hello! I recently had an idea: use transparent textbox in game, I read the epic's tutorial, but I found I should always use callasm command for each script, is there any way to make this job easier?( I mean that I am lazy and don't wanna to use callasm command all the time), thank you!
    Wael

Years
  • Hey, so I'm really more of a lurker on these forums than anything, but I have a question and I hope I'm asking it in the right place.

I made a fairly simple FireRed hack a few months ago, and I've just discovered that when a Pokemon is supposed to evolve the screen goes black. The music continues to play, but it stays on that black screen and doesn't do anything. No buttons can be pressed, and it makes no attempt to play the evolution animation.
    I'm not sure why this is, as I never really meddled with the coding for the game, so I don't know what could have caused the issue.
    Could anyone give me any ideas as to what would cause this sort of problem so I can attempt to fix it?

Several solutions can be the cause of this problem. But I think the most likely is that you use an offset busy to make a script or another, which crushed sizeable data causing this problem.
    The solution, if this is what I think, would be to compare your ROM with a back up of it that you have done and maybe you will find what is wrong. If you have not done a save of your ROM, it remains that you compare your ROM with the original, but the problem will be hard to identify.

Hello! I recently had an idea: use transparent textbox in game, I read the epic's tutorial, but I found I should always use callasm command for each script, is there any way to make this job easier?( I mean that I am lazy and don't wanna to use callasm command all the time), thank you!
    Wael

Roooh use a callasm not even not take 3 seconds, don't bother of you complicated life;)! In addition, that way you can juggle different textures of the dialogs boxes ^^.

I crafted several ASM routines to add abilities but the problem is that now I do not know how to build in the game I know the abilities are purely made ​​by ASM and messy, so I really do not know how to do.
    I may be an idea, compared byte of the ability that Pokémon has learned for go to the routine, for example, the number of the ability is 100, so it returns to the ASM routine of this ability. But I do not find this idea very well because it's somewhat "muddled".

Thank you for your help ;) !

Years
  • Several solutions can be the cause of this problem. But I think the most likely is that you use an offset busy to make a script or another, which crushed sizeable data causing this problem.
    The solution, if this is what I think, would be to compare your ROM with a back up of it that you have done and maybe you will find what is wrong. If you have not done a save of your ROM, it remains that you compare your ROM with the original, but the problem will be hard to identify.

Roooh use a callasm not even not take 3 seconds, don't bother of you complicated life;)! In addition, that way you can juggle different textures of the dialogs boxes ^^.

I crafted several ASM routines to add abilities but the problem is that now I do not know how to build in the game I know the abilities are purely made ​​by ASM and messy, so I really do not know how to do.
    I may be an idea, compared byte of the ability that Pokémon has learned for go to the routine, for example, the number of the ability is 100, so it returns to the ASM routine of this ability. But I do not find this idea very well because it's somewhat "muddled".

Thank you for your help ;) !

yeah, But I saw a chinese emerald hacking, it use a tansparent textbox without using callasm or witrebyteoffset command, I am really interested in how this job can be done...

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    Anybody know how to get a specific theme to play when battling the rival in Fire Red? In this video, https://www[dot]youtube[dot]com/watch?v=rg4COlsWDyg, somebody did that at about 9 minutes in, but didn't explain how.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    Its probably somewhere else but I couldnt find it

How do you remove the credits in fire red after beating the champ? Obviously cant continue after that because of saving problems, so Id like to remove credits and just continue playing where it leaves me, outside the elite 4 building.

On top of that, I still cannot change scripts.

For example, I put a person in pallet town to give me a national dex. He however wont speak.
    I have this problem no matter what script I put in - the NPC stands there and doesnt speak.

walkthrough of what I have done
    Advance map > increase number of person events by 1 > move man into map > open script on man > insert the following created by script generator
    #dyn 0x740000
    #org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox @text ' Hi, I'm a cow[.]\nMoo.
    callstd MSG_STANDARD
    release
    end

#org @text
    = Hi, I'm a cow[.]\nMoo.

(Obviously this isnt the national dex script, but Im just using this basic script from the generator to try to get SOMETHING to work)

Compile script >
    #ORG: data
    -> @start <-> 0x7403FE (0xC bytes)
    -> @text <-> 0x74040A (0x14 bytes)
    Copy paste 7403FE into offset > save

Open game, man stands there and doesnt speak.

I do believe I am doing this correctly, so it is driving me nuts that nothing is working haha

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    YAYYYYYY

I thought I had downloaded 1.92 advanced maps, but it reverted to 1.95, which is why it wasnt working.

Finally got it to work.

Anyhow, got most of that cleared up, still need to know how to get rid of ending credits so I can continue past elite 4

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
    Years
  • YAYYYYYY

I thought I had downloaded 1.92 advanced maps, but it reverted to 1.95, which is why it wasnt working.

Finally got it to work.

Anyhow, got most of that cleared up, still need to know how to get rid of ending credits so I can continue past elite 4

LockSmithArmy wrote a script that would allow the user to chose what to do. Because some Android users can't save (though I use MyBoy, which can....) it simply asks you what to do. If yes, it rolls the credits, if no, it just warps you home.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back