• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Near~

The End is Near...
Years
  • I map with Amap1.95 o.o Im scared should I stop XD? or is it too late and i have to restart my game x,x
    Anyways can anyone help me with this? I made a new textbox but the text changed colors and also the background XD as well as it didnt come out well thanks ;)
    Spoiler:

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • I map with Amap1.95 o.o Im scared should I stop XD? or is it too late and i have to restart my game x,x
    Anyways can anyone help me with this? I made a new textbox but the text changed colors and also the background XD as well as it didnt come out well thanks ;)
    Spoiler:

I don't know what happened there. But definitely A-map is not the cause.
    Anyways, yo tile inserter experts! I wanna know wtf just happened to the tiles I inserted? I was just testing it a while ago then this crap happened :[ Anyone know how to fix this?

EDIT:
    Fixed it :)

Last edited:

Near~

The End is Near...
    Years
  • I don't know what happened there. But definitely A-map is not the cause.
    Anyways, yo tile inserter experts! I wanna know wtf just happened to the tiles I inserted? I was just testing it a while ago then this crap happened :[ Anyone know how to fix this?

EDIT:
    Fixed it :)
    Still gonna explain in case anyone else has this problem! Well it is because you replaced the water XD so the animation is showing for those tiles easy fix just set the tile in amap to "00" because you have/had the animation running x3

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Still gonna explain in case anyone else has this problem! Well it is because you replaced the water XD so the animation is showing for those tiles easy fix just set the tile in amap to "00" because you have/had the animation running x3

No, that won't help. The animations are loaded separate. You need to download animedit by lu-ho and go to that animation and remove it. Only then will you have no animations.

Near~

The End is Near...
    Years
  • well you dont want animaitons on a road tile ._. thats why setting it to "00" helps unless you want to edit the anim it would be great to do what you said

Years
  • Hey ho guys.
    I was just wondering about a question, which can to my mind by the time I was thinking about the first steps of my Rom hack.
    Is it possible, to put something like a question-and-answer-game in between the really start of the journey and the words at the beginning?
    I mean it shall be something, which is like the start of the Mystery Dungeon Games, and you will receive one out of three special items, for answering the questions in a special way.

I'm sorry if the question was asked before, but I can't use the search button, cause the internet of my host just went crazy as I used it...
    But I guess nobody will ask a question like this :D
    I hope so.
    Thanks for the "hopefully" coming answers. 😊

Cheers,
    .Rax

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Hey ho guys.
    I was just wondering about a question, which can to my mind by the time I was thinking about the first steps of my Rom hack.
    Is it possible, to put something like a question-and-answer-game in between the really start of the journey and the words at the beginning?
    I mean it shall be something, which is like the start of the Mystery Dungeon Games, and you will receive one out of three special items, for answering the questions in a special way.

I'm sorry if the question was asked before, but I can't use the search button, cause the internet of my host just went crazy as I used it...
    But I guess nobody will ask a question like this :D
    I hope so.
    Thanks for the "hopefully" coming answers. 😊

Cheers,
    .Rax

I guess it would be possible. Like, if right when the player spawned, you did a fadescreen, then asked the questions, set a var. Then did your thing, and depending on the var value, you'd get whichever item.
    That's just one way though.

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • No, that won't help. The animations are loaded separate. You need to download animedit by lu-ho and go to that animation and remove it. Only then will you have no animations.

Yes, I noticed that I had to do that first. But I have no idea how to remove that animation. So I go ahead and changed its place.

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Yes, I noticed that I had to do that first. But I have no idea how to remove that animation. So I go ahead and changed its place.

Click the animation
    click remove above it
    click save
    lol

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 14, 2016
    how do I easily go about editing and repointing a move's description?

I know I can easily repoint with PGE but I don't know how to convert free space into a description.

I think I remember seeing a chart of what all the values of letters map to in hex but I can't find it again

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • how do I easily go about editing and repointing a move's description?

I know I can easily repoint with PGE but I don't know how to convert free space into a description.

I think I remember seeing a chart of what all the values of letters map to in hex but I can't find it again

You can use XSE.
    Repoint it
    go to that offset in XSE and type

#org 0x(offset)
    = TEXT GOES HERE. PRESS CTRL + T TO EDIT TEXT
    then hit compile and you got a description!

Years
  • How do I change the picture of badges? Like I am making a Johto remake how would I change what the Kanto badges look like? I have looked everywhere for a tutorial and can't find one ;-;

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • How do I change the picture of badges? Like I am making a Johto remake how would I change what the Kanto badges look like? I have looked everywhere for a tutorial and can't find one ;-;

It's an image in unlz that you can change. I think it's around it... 100/150 area...? Don't quot me on that, but I think it might be around there.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years

Adding to what Teh Blazer has said, it can be found at unLZ's 149th slot in an untouched FR ROM. If you want to open it in another image editor like NSE or something then you can find its tileset at 0x3CD5E8 and its palette at 0x3CD2E0 (This palette may be shared elsewhere so try to stay within its white/ grey/ black colours). You can replace the badge graphics just like anything else in unLZ so if you're unsure of what to do then just read any tutorial which teaches how to replace images in the editor of your choice.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    Was wondering if anyone wanted to help me insert some tiles into PKMN Emerald

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • If it was extremely easy I think I would have gotten it down in the past three weeks I've been attempting it...

Lol
    Anyway, state the problem where and when you get it so I can help

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    Lol
    Anyway, state the problem where and when you get it so I can help

Loading the tile/editing the palette etc.

I've tried every method in the Tutorials section. It doesn't click for me. It doesn't make sense to me, I haven't gotten it, and I probably never will. I learned XSE Scripting, how to map, how to warp, how to connect, etc. I can't start making my hack rom until I have the tiles I want though..

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Loading the tile/editing the palette etc.

I've tried every method in the Tutorials section. It doesn't click for me. It doesn't make sense to me, I haven't gotten it, and I probably never will. I learned XSE Scripting, how to map, how to warp, how to connect, etc. I can't start making my hack rom until I have the tiles I want though..

Well you need to make a tileset to replace the existing one you want
    then you'd need to import its palette. But make sure the tileset uses it correctly. I recommend using universal palette editor for this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back