• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    Well you need to make a tileset to replace the existing one you want
    then you'd need to import its palette. But make sure the tileset uses it correctly. I recommend using universal palette editor for this.

You're not really helping me, you're redirecting me to something I've already spent time trying and failing at. Multiple times. I'd rather have someone know what they're doing do it for me than have me never get anywhere, and potentially waste time I could be using for something else.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2016
    Pallet editing:

Hi, i was wondering if there are any pallets in fire red (1.0, bpre) that are not used. from initial examination of the pallets, it seems that pallets 7, 11 and 12 are unused, but i want to be sure that its safe to import new pallets over these without messing anything up? as of now, these pallets are nothing but black and pink.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Pallet editing:

Hi, i was wondering if there are any pallets in fire red (1.0, bpre) that are not used. from initial examination of the pallets, it seems that pallets 7, 11 and 12 are unused, but i want to be sure that its safe to import new pallets over these without messing anything up? as of now, these pallets are nothing but black and pink.

Yeah, they're free to use. You can edit any palette you want, any time at all.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    I even cut the tiles separately, made sure the image size was in multiples of 16 x 16. Once they load, something goes wrong and all the tiles in the game show up with this blurry look. I'll send you an image via private message since I can't post links yet..

Trainer VyNk

Cursed Hemophillic.
    Years
  • Guys, I've thinking if there's a "649 Patch for FireRed or Emerald" or you could link me to a Gen 4 hack which is complete or have atleast 2 Betas? just wanna catcg some Gen 4 pokemons, until Platinum Red & Blue are released.

Anyway Thanks!

LORDENGLISH

HOMESTUCK GOD
    Years
  • Hello. I would like to know how to make "unknown maps" (in fire red) usable as regular maps, could somebody help with this, or direct me to somewhere that can help?

(attempted to link an image, stupid board demands I have 15 posts, or I can't post links, blah blah blah about spam, sorry)

I'd like to make maps CL: ### have a #.# bank.map connection that I can make use of in ADVANCE MAP. If I could do this, I'd have a sh*tload of new maps made available to me.
    Thanks for your time.

The maps I'm talking about, btw, are located in the connections list, and not the header. To my knowledge, there is no current way of using them, since you need a bank and map number to use them.

EDIT: another question: How do I go about hacking the vending machines on celadon supermarket roof? I've tried editing their scripts in PKSV, but the program seems to screw them up, cutting the scripts off partially, and on top of this, I don't have any idea what values to edit or how.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    Look up one of the many tile insertion tutorials.
    The tilesets can be made by exporting tilesets from Fire Red in A-Map.

Back to this tile inserting tutorial stuff -- I DON'T GET IT!!!!

This is what I'm wondering:

Save tileset 1 in FR rom
    Load tileset 1 in Em rom

I've been trying to learn inserting for 3 weeks now, trying each tutorial, I've had no success. I even had Gogo show me hands on, and I still remain unsuccessful.

runandtell

don't f***le with the shuckle
    Years
  • is there any way when rom hacking pokemon emerald to directly skip the intro event with professor birch and may and to be able to chose your starter when you first step into birch's lab?

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Guys, I've thinking if there's a "649 Patch for FireRed or Emerald" or you could link me to a Gen 4 hack which is complete or have atleast 2 Betas? just wanna catcg some Gen 4 pokemons, until Platinum Red & Blue are released.

Anyway Thanks!

Jambo51 specifically said that you can't use his 649 patch in hacks. That said, you can't use it.

Back to this tile inserting tutorial stuff -- I DON'T GET IT!!!!

This is what I'm wondering:

Save tileset 1 in FR rom
    Load tileset 1 in Em rom

I've been trying to learn inserting for 3 weeks now, trying each tutorial, I've had no success. I even had Gogo show me hands on, and I still remain unsuccessful.

FR has a different tile system from RSE. So you'd have to shrink the tilesets from FR to emerald.

Renegade

Time for real life...
    Years
  • My question is based on movesets on moves in general.

I know there is a way to expand how many total moves there are to 511 and even above that with some ASM insertion and hex editing. My question is, is it possible to actually insert every single move up to 6th gen? Some moves have a ton of effects and chance systems to them and I'm not sure if that would be entirely possible. There are currently 645 moves in total and I believe there are 390 moves in 3rd gen. Is it possible to create and insert all of these new moves without hitting a dead end somewhere down the road?

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2014
    Does anybody know how to edit/add forms? Basically, Rotom. I want to add Rotom to my game, but I don't want to make it an evolution (I will if I have to) and take up Dex space.

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Does anybody know how to edit/add forms? Basically, Rotom. I want to add Rotom to my game, but I don't want to make it an evolution (I will if I have to) and take up Dex space.

You'll have to do ASM. No way around that.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2016
    Hello everybody.

I'm trying to change the Deoxys forme on Fire Red, but I can't find the stats for the attack forme. (there's only data for the normal forme stats within the pokémon stats)
    I believe that there's a routine that changes the stats of Deoxys to the stats of the game-exclusive forme.
    So,is there a way to change these stats?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back