• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanB500

Former Pokemon League Champion
Years
  • lol this isnt the section for those questions but ive been workin on a rom hack if your interested still havnt gotten word on the help recruitment thread

and btw
    How would you recommend collaborating on a rom with a group? Say 2 people want to work on the rom but separate maps and the like.

i would say if ur using advance map there is an option if you go to Map and then save map it will save all the events and the map itself to wherever you want for later use

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • Well, since I didn't see anything in the thread rules about this, does anybody wanna work on a rom with me? I can't handle everything by myself. If you're interested, just shoot me a message!

This'd be better served in the Team Discussions thread.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2014
    This'd be better served in the Team Discussions thread.

yeah i know. i got bored during a drama practice at my school so i posted that, then i found out about the team discussions thread... just waiting for a mod to get ahold of it...

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2015
    lol this isnt the section for those questions but ive been workin on a rom hack if your interested still havnt gotten word on the help recruitment thread

and btw

i would say if ur using advance map there is an option if you go to Map and then save map it will save all the events and the map itself to wherever you want for later use

Thanks! Does it save the scripts or the connections the map has too?

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2022
    Anyone know how to fix the HG/SS freeze problem?

If you're going to spam "RUDOLPH UNIVERSAL HG/SS PATCH" no thanks,I've heard some people have problems with it.
    If you have a link to the patch or a pre-patched rom,don't be silent.Spread it with the world.
    And I'm pretty sure I have to ask Drayano somehow,as he has the anti-freeze inside his Sacred Gold and Storm Silver somehow. :o
    Anyways,please help :o

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Merged your thread with the emulation's quick question sticky, as those sort of questions don't fit in Community Questions and Feedback (that section is for questions about the forum rather than emulation help).

For the record, that rudolph patch was what I used iirc and it worked fine. Also, no asking for the rom itself, linking to roms is not allowed anywhere on the forums. Patches are fine, but not the rom, you'll have to get that yourself.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2018
    So I tried searching before I came here. Though, I think maybe my searches were just bad searches.

My issue is that I use HackMew's IntroEditor tool on Pokemon FireRed to change the opening Pokemon to a Togepi. After working with some other tools, it changed to Sandslash (I think it has something to do with the UPRandomizer tool, not sure, though). Anyway, I tried changing it back to Togepi and now it comes out as if it's a silhouette of the actual pokemon. I tried changing it to various other pokemon and the problem persists.

I tried searching for a few things before coming here. I tried Google, first. Then I tried searching the forums for "Pokemon is black in intro", "black pokemon intro", "intro editor". None of which got me results. They were probably just bad searches on my fault, but in any case, I would appreciate your help! So, anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks!

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • So I tried searching before I came here. Though, I think maybe my searches were just bad searches.

My issue is that I use HackMew's IntroEditor tool on Pokemon FireRed to change the opening Pokemon to a Togepi. After working with some other tools, it changed to Sandslash (I think it has something to do with the UPRandomizer tool, not sure, though). Anyway, I tried changing it back to Togepi and now it comes out as if it's a silhouette of the actual pokemon. I tried changing it to various other pokemon and the problem persists.

I tried searching for a few things before coming here. I tried Google, first. Then I tried searching the forums for "Pokemon is black in intro", "black pokemon intro", "intro editor". None of which got me results. They were probably just bad searches on my fault, but in any case, I would appreciate your help! So, anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks!

I believe there's a popup that asks something, say yes to that. It corrects the palette. If that doesn't help use ADVANCE intro ed.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    How do I change the tileset in PokeMap? Like if I wanted to use the tileset from Viridian Forest in Pallet Town.

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • How do I change the tileset in PokeMap? Like if I wanted to use the tileset from Viridian Forest in Pallet Town.

Pokemap?
    You should use advance map 1.92 NOT 1.95 if that's what you even mean :P
    Anyway, you go in the header tab and change the tileset #s to the one you want. Most likely it's tileset 2 that you have to change.

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    There is no Header Tab in PokeMap. I'm asking about PokeMap not Advance Map.

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • There is no Header Tab in PokeMap. I'm asking about PokeMap not Advance Map.

idk what that is
    If it doesn't have a header tab it's most likely some random tool from like 2005. Time for an upgrade :D
    I've never even heard of that

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    But PokeMap is the only thing I know that will let me edit Red and Blue.

Craver

I'm From WAH!
    Years
  • Someone could upload the ".ini" file for G3HS for be compatible with MrDollSteaks's Fire Red Rom?

I tried, but i failed.

@karatekid552

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    Someone could upload the ".ini" file for G3HS for be compatible with MrDollSteaks's Fire Red Rom?

I tried, but i failed.

@karatekid552
    It is compatible. You're probably just doing something wrong. Look at the documentation included with G3HS.

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    How do I edit the event on Red and Blue where Professor Oak appears and takes you to the lab?

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • Someone could upload the ".ini" file for G3HS for be compatible with MrDollSteaks's Fire Red Rom?

I tried, but i failed.

@karatekid552

Read the documentation.
    It's been said a lot.
    The base is completely compatible, just follow the easy instructions in the documentation.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2014
    What is up with the loophole in the Team Discussion rules? You need to be a member for 3 months, or have hacking experience. I have hacking experience but I was denied... Why?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back