• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    I'm trying to create a warp in Amap, but even when I add a warp event in the event tab I can't see the warp tile to be able to drag it onto the right tile to warp. How can I fix this?
    When you create a new warp, it's placed at the upper left corner in AM's event tab, I think that's what you need to know.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • How would one go about removing the animation and msgbox that apears after one faints in fire red? And how would I change the point where they apear after they faint I was able to change the maps but not the location (x,y)

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • I can't find a way to change the location from the beginning using the Truck Remover, it's like I'm stuck inside the truck without a way to get out. SMCA does work though, my only concern is the shaking screen at the beginning. Thank you. :D

I still have to try this, I'll edit my post after doing so. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Advance Text doesn't seem to work, even after adding the missing OCX file(s) in the right folder. I'm using Windows 7 by the way.
    EDIT2: I made it work following a guide. I also found a part of the dialogue (offset 1863045 in case anyone else is looking for it), so thank you very much!

You can use mine. I've uploaded it for you. Click here to download. Just open up your rom then click remove truck animation.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I've been toying around with this idea in my head for a while and if its possible to do something like this I'd like to incorporate it into a new hack before I start doing anything else.

I don't really know if this is the right place for this question but is there any way to take out currency from the games? My idea is to make all the marts use a bartering system, and upon defeating trainers they give you items instead of a money reward.

Years
  • I have a question about inserting trainer sprites in Emerlad with unLZ.GBA
    I followed all the instructions using around the web and still no success.
    Help?

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    How difficult would it be to invert the behavior of running (so that players are always running by default and walk by holding the B Button)?

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2014
    You need to use the truck remover (Also has the feature to change location from the beginning) Or the SMCA. Find it on tools section.
    Thanks! By the way, I have another question: why when I try to make the inside of a house the the part "out of the map" that usually is black becomes pink/fuchsia?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2014
    You'd need to create a new evolutionary stone(s), insert the new megapokemon (mega'mon? Megamon X?) into the ROM, then create an associate evolution from one to the other.

Here's a tutorial for step one: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296729

For step two, there are plenty of ways to do that, depending on how you want to go about it.

Step three is best accomplished using a program like YAPE or the (very impressive) G3HS.

What I meant by that is if there was a way to make a choice pop up for a certain pokemon. So say I have the one evo stone per game, and I use it on charizard. Is there a way to choose which one to mega evo?

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    What I meant by that is if there was a way to make a choice pop up for a certain pokemon. So say I have the one evo stone per game, and I use it on charizard. Is there a way to choose which one to mega evo?

Insofar as I know, if you limited it to megaevolving at certain locations, then you could make a multiple choice script for it (such as a lab tech at his Mega Evo-Tron). Naturally, that would preclude using it mid-battle.

As for using scripts to evolve pokemon, I don't know if that possible (with normal scripting). It's not something I've thought to do. Someone else would have chime in one way or the other.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2017
    Sorry if this has already been asked, I couldn't find it after searching. When I open XSE(Via Advance Map 1.92 w/ Fire Red loaded), I can't use Free Space finder, as it is greyed out. FSF and XSE are in the same folder, so I don't know what's causing this. Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: Solved. I got a different version of FSF and it's working fine now.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2017
    Okay, guys I need some help.

I'm trying to insert some new pokemon. I'm inserting the sprites using Advanced Series Sprite Editor and I'm using some free space from 0x900000 and beyond. But this causes a couple of problems:

1) Either the game freezes after the main character walks some steps
    2) or in Bill's PC, the withdrawing and storing functions lead to black screen or restart.

Somebody knows what's causing this?

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2014
    im sorry if im breaking any rules, but i juss cant seem to find a super begginers guide to hacking. i juss want the tools required and a basic tutorial. but theres so many posts to look through and it seems like everyone knows how so no one is talking about it-_-''
    can i juss get some links?

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    I was wondering if someone could tell me how to change the hp bars in firered? Ive tried to search and figure it out myself even but it never works.
    Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2017
    Okay, new issue. When I place the offset that FSF gives me into the advance map(1.92) script offset area and try to open it(after compiling the script), I get some random offset with text I've never seen, and the IG script doesn't work either. Help please!

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    When you defeat the Elite Four, the game restarts and normally, you continue and you are in pallet town (fire red)

Given that I cant save in game, how am I supposed to play the rest of the game? Is there a workaround to allow us to beat the elite four and continue on?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back