• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    That is correct, Electric types have only one weakness. But there are several things resistant to Electric types, other Electric types, Grass types, and of course, Ground types have complete immunity. Hello Mr Electric, meet Dugtrio. What's that, you can't switch out because I have Arena Trap? Here, let me give you a parting gift with Earthquake.

Years
    If you encounter a shiny pokemon in the wild, and you dont know what a shiny looks like (because some shiny pokemon look almost exactly like the regular one) is there some way to tell that it is a shiny? Like the name being gold or something?

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    yes .... uhh when you encounter it stars will flash in a circle around it and ull hear some noise

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Evolve it straight away if you really want to. The Base stats of Gengar (especially in Special Attack) are much higher than of Haunter. So... when your Gastly evolves at Level 25 (if it hasn't done already), then get a Link Cable and evolve Haunter! ^_^

Abusoru

Absol-ute Fan
    Years
    • Age 54
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 10, 2005
    What is the item Up-Grade used for? Thanks.

How do you get an Elekid? Do I have to give Electabuzz something when I breed it?

cranium

Lv 100 Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    i believe the item up-grade is to evolve porygon (found in game corner) into a porygon2

yes elekid is obtained by breeding an electrabuzz and elctrabuzz is only found in frie red i believe (found in power plant - rare)

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    You shouldn't need anything for an Elekid. Even a Ditto should do if you can't be bothered to get another one from the Power Plant. They're pretty rare as it is anyways... And, yes - they're also only found in Fire Red, if you're wondering. ^_^

Abusoru

Absol-ute Fan
    Years
    • Age 54
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 10, 2005
    Thanks. I already caught one and stuck it in daycare with one of my Ditto's. I wasn't sure if Electabuzz needed to hold anything to get a Elekid egg.

How do i get a Tyrogue? Hitmontop?

Last edited:

SkinnyGreenMan

█▓▒═─┤SkinnyG reen├─═ ▒▓█
    Years
    Breed Hitmonchan or Hitmonlee to get tyrouge. Grow tyrouge to level 20, and make sure it's attack stat is the same as it's defense stat, and it'l evolve into hitmontop.

Hitmontop is also obtainable in pokemon coloseum.

Philbro

The One For You!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • U.K.
    • Seen Aug 2, 2010
    Breed Hitmonchan or Hitmonlee and get a egg. THen when its born at level 20. Make sure that Attack = Defence for hitmontop.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Since Hitmons are always male, you'll either need a Ditto, or a Jynx and hope that the baby's male. Which ever's easier for you (of which I would say the Ditto). I would say something about Hitmontop, but the two above me beat me to it. XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    If my Electrode is holding a focus band and uses explosion, is there a chance it wont Faint?
    I think AdamHays is incorrect on that one. Explosion forcibly makes your Pokemon faint. I don't think it ever does any actual "damage" to Electrode. So Electrode will still faint.

Were are ponytas more common, on kindle road, or in mount ember (the place were you catch moltes)?
    I think their rarity should be the same in both areas since Kindle Road and Mt. Ember is in large general area.

shark3019875

dragonair trainer
    Years
    hey what does the aletring cave do is it just there or is it like we have e reader cards andthey give us pokemon if we swap the card

Years
    Yea pretty much, when the nintendo promotions are released you can get different pokemon in there through the use of the mystery gift....

But as of now the only use of the altering cave is zubats.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back