• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Items used to be known as just Trainers (when Stadiums, Supporters, and Stadiums were separate classes of cards), but, as of Black and White, Items are Trainer cards that say Item on them. Supporters used to be their own class of cards, but didn't exist before the eReader sets, so some early Trainers like Bill (a Base Set common) were reprinted as Supporters. Stadium cards came around in the Gym Heroes set, if I recall, and those early ones said "Trainer" at the top of them.

Does that clear that up any?

As for those cards you listed, I'm 99% sure those all count as "Item" cards.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2012
    Yup, that helps a lot thanks! :) I wasn't sure what cards could and couldn't be taken from the discard pile using Lillipup's pickup attack. Now I know, and I want more Lillipups!!! lol.

Samurai★Rocket

Yamato Man
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2011
    When I was looking at my only two Prime cards I was wondering why they didn't include Pokedex information. Is there a specific reason or is it just that the card would be way too cramped?

Years
  • When I was looking at my only two Prime cards I was wondering why they didn't include Pokedex information. Is there a specific reason or is it just that the card would be way too cramped?

There's no specific reason, as far as I'm aware. They probably would've been very cluttered if there was one, but most already have non-Prime counterparts in the HGSS sets as well, so Pokedex entries on the Prime cards would probably have been redundant. They also probably don't do that on special rare cards anyway, which is what Pokemon Prime are.

Samurai★Rocket

Yamato Man
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2011
    I was just trying to post a reply to Skara's question in the "How much is this card worth?" section, and then a PC message popped up and said "you are not allowed to post URLs until you have made 15 posts or more" even though I wasn't trying to post a URL.

Years
  • Where do I get this card game? Is it actually a card deck I can buy at Wal-Mart or is it something online? Is it free? How much does it cost?

Years
  • I was just trying to post a reply to Skara's question in the "How much is this card worth?" section, and then a PC message popped up and said "you are not allowed to post URLs until you have made 15 posts or more" even though I wasn't trying to post a URL.

Oh, that's a site-related feature. Pictures hosted offsite count as URLs because they're links to the picture. It's to prevent spambots and adbots from posting links. Are you sure you're looking at the right version of the thread? There's no one by that username on the most recent page.

Where do I get this card game? Is it actually a card deck I can buy at Wal-Mart or is it something online? Is it free? How much does it cost?

You can buy packs and decks for this card game at places like Wal-Mart. The official site is www.pokemontcg.com, which should have more basic information on what it is and how to play scattered about that site.

Last edited:

Samurai★Rocket

Yamato Man
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2011
    Where do I get this card game? Is it actually a card deck I can buy at Wal-Mart or is it something online? Is it free? How much does it cost?

You can buy most Pokemon TCG stuff at Walmart, Target, K-Mart. Booster Packs (10 cards) are $4 each and a Theme Deck (which is best for starting players like you) cost $10-$12. There is a Pokemon Trading Card Game Online too on Pokemon.com.

Oh, that's a site-related feature. Pictures hosted offsite count as URLs because they're links to the picture. It's to prevent spambots and adbots from posting links. Are you sure you're looking at the right version of the thread? There's no one by that username on the most recent page.

You can buy packs and decks for this card game at places like Wal-Mart. The official site is www.pokemontcg.com, which should have more basic information on what it is and how to play scattered about that site.

It was on an older part of the thread. There were pictures in his message so that must explain it.

Last edited:

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I have been collecting cards for years but I took a break when the third generation came out. Because of this, I have barely any Hoenn pokemon in my collection. I looked online and saw that the third generation packs for sale are a little pricey. So I was wondering...

Are there any newer card series that have a lot of third generation pokemon? Thank you.

Years
  • I have been collecting cards for years but I took a break when the third generation came out. Because of this, I have barely any Hoenn pokemon in my collection. I looked online and saw that the third generation packs for sale are a little pricey. So I was wondering...

Are there any newer card series that have a lot of third generation pokemon? Thank you.

Not that I can think of off the top of my head. They've gotten kinda scarce with the HeartGoldSoulSilver sets and the Black and White sets, almost as if there's going to be a remake of the games from 3rd gen (which would mean new sets featuring the Pokemon from the era), kind of like how Kanto Pokemon disappeared leading up to the release of FireRed and LeafGreen and how Johto Pokemon disappeared leading up to the release of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • Thank you! If they do remake Ruby and Sapphire it would certainly help my collection. I hadn't thought of that so thanks :3

Years
  • Thinking about it, remakes are a few years off yet, probably. Check Bulbapedia's TCG set lists to see how many Hoenn Pokemon you can gather from the Diamond & Pearl and later sets.

Also, look at places like Target and Wal-Mart for 3 packs of boosters with special promo cards. Hoenn packs can still be found in those.

Kantomasta13

Call me KM13! :)
    Years
  • Hey, i recently got the red Emboar deck (i cant remember the name) and i was wondering if i should swap out some of the 12 fire energy for something.I have swapped the rest, im just not to sure about energies.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2011
    i bought a pack of heart gold soul silver cards and i got a misprinted slowbro that says its a kabutops. everything else is what its supposed to be except the name is wrong. how much could this be worth?

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2011
    my friend gave em to me, i looked up how to tell if its counterfeit or not and i compared it to my other cards and everything is centered and it has an illustrator and the attcks are real and all the other words are spelled corectly and the height and weight are correct and you cant see thru it so everything checks out except the name

Years
  • my friend gave em to me, i looked up how to tell if its counterfeit or not and i compared it to my other cards and everything is centered and it has an illustrator and the attcks are real and all the other words are spelled corectly and the height and weight are correct and you cant see thru it so everything checks out except the name

How about the word "Pokémon"? Does it have that accent over the "e" on all of the instances on the card? If it doesn't, it's for sure fake. I see nothing about such a misprint anywhere online, so I do think it's a fake.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back