• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Simple Questions
    ...with translations!

Do you need help with the games? Ask here! I'm sure most of you can help each other out as you play through the games. By the way, please don't make any "thank you" posts, if people answer your questions or if we merge your threads here. It'll just keep the thread cleaner. This thread is also for any questions relating to the Dream World, so ask your questions here instead of making a thread in the actual forum.

Also, it's a brand new game, brand new region and for some, a brand new language - thus, due to this, I've enlisted the help of a few PC users who are willing to translate important text for you. No, they won't translate the whole game, but if there is something you're unsure about and you want to know, then ask here.

Helpful Links

Need help getting a certain Pokemon? Trade for it here.
    Need emulation help? Ask here.
    Black and White Walkthrough
    Translated Text - Main Storyline (warning: The names are fan-made names, though otherwise accurate).

People willing to translate

雷影 イチロ
    Katja
    Scarf
    Buoysel
    Alakazam17
    The Red Chain
    Hiidoran
    Hiroshi Sotomura
    JADEN213
    coolnick37
    coolfarhan11
    Khengi

Other

If you want to be listed as a translator, just ask.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It won't be released until sometime in Autumn for Australia. :x

This thread is mostly for in-game help though.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Nice thread Forever.
    @All, I'm Ichiro, like Forever said we won't be translating the whole game, but if you post screenshots or text sentences, we will be happy to translate.
    Also, I'm going to make a translation of PokeDex, attacks and items so you can look them up.

ItemDex (Ichiro's Version):

PokeMart:
    Spoiler:

([FONT=&quot]ショッピングモール:[/FONT]Shopping Mall)
    Spoiler:

Interesting Things:

Geechisu's Speech (Kurakusa Town)
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Can anyone help me with what this means, I'm sure it's some sort of error message though.
    gtgt.png

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
  • Can anyone help me with what this means, I'm sure it's some sort of error message though.
    gtgt.png
    Its an error message, it says that ur save type is wrong(ur probably playing on an emulator) u need to change it or choose a different(newer) version of ur emulator. :X btw i think emu discussion isnt allowed here

tinix

PearlShipper & C Programmer
    Years
  • What i need to do to start gaining XP ? Because Im in 3th town and the battles against lv 7 with 5 5 and 4 are pretty tough

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
  • What i need to do to start gaining XP ? Because Im in 3th town and the battles against lv 7 with 5 5 and 4 are pretty tough
    Now that is because you do not get exp untill tutorial ends.

I am not exactly sure, since i will be starting my gameplay tmorow, cant w8 :D :3

Last edited by a moderator:

tinix

PearlShipper & C Programmer
    Years
  • Now that is because you do not get exp untill tutorial ends. But on emulator there is a protection that makes u dont recieve exp at all, so if ur playing on emulator, u should w8 untll they release the patch for it.
    I am not exactly sure, since i will be starting my gameplay tmorow, cant w8 :D :3
    Yes Im playing on Emu, that is "great" i hate Nintendos Anti-piracy system

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    Quick question, I know you guys won't be translating word for word what everyone says. But will there be a general translation? Like a guide that says, your mom tells you this, so and so wants you to do that, Team Plasma is doing this. Basically telling us what our mission and context of situations in the game are, because without a general translation that is going to be a bit difficult.

chezhead

Thirty characters is not enoug
    Years
  • Bah, I would help, but I only know basic Hiragana, and quite a bit of that looks like Kanji or Katakana. Sorry!

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • Can I help? I know quite a bit of Japanese (katakana and hiragana), and I have Chinese to backup as well - what with the kanji and all. ^^

Years
  • Quick question, I know you guys won't be translating word for word what everyone says. But will there be a general translation? Like a guide that says, your mom tells you this, so and so wants you to do that, Team Plasma is doing this. Basically telling us what our mission and context of situations in the game are, because without a general translation that is going to be a bit difficult.
    I was under the impression that this would be more of a quick help thread for particular parts of the game that people get stuck on (or are just curious about) rather than a general guide, but イチロ (Ichiro) had said he had at least planned to have something like a walkthrough though so... maybe?

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I was under the impression that this would be more of a quick help thread for particular parts of the game that people get stuck on (or are just curious about) rather than a general guide, but イチロ (Ichiro) had said he had at least planned to have something like a walkthrough though so... maybe?

Oh okay. I hope someone will create a walk through type thing. That was my main concern. Thanks ^.^

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Yea, I am creating a walkthrough, but I can't do it all myself so I enlisted the help of others (ones to help with general translation and ones with the game to help make a walkthrough).
    So to translators: If you have a game or ROM, do you mind starting to translate?
    My game wont come till next week, but i have access to a ROM so will start translating tonight.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Does anyone know what to do after beating the Grunts with the Munna? Im stuck :/

I caught a wild Munna in the grass, showed the assistant in a building in the town, and she was excited and gave me the c gear. That way, you can head west where the fountain/bushes are and the old man stops blocking you. Pokebeach has other tips too.

How do you solve the second Gym's questions? I can't read Japanese well.. What are the questions, the responses, blah.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 27, 2014
    Anyone know how I can solve the puzzle for Aloe's gym? Kinda stuck since I can't read in Japanese....

-edit

nvm figured it out

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back