• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lathspell

T3H GR34T WH1T3
    Years
    Venucharsaurizard said:
    Am I missing something here? All there really is is a few rocks and that and nothing at all special. Now....Going in a place like that makes me feel like there's GOTTA be something more there!
    So is there anything else there apart from the bare ground? I mean it's called Altering cave, so something's up!
    Thanks,
    VC

You can change the Altering Cave pokemon by changing the Mystery event, but only one kind of pokemon will appear there. For example, at first there are only Zubats there, but if you change the event to the appropiate one, you will find only shuckles, or only Houndours, or other Jhoto pokemon.

Even so, I have no ideea where to find that bloody cave, or what do you need to put in the mystery event to get something. If anyone else knows anything about the subject, please let me know too. That's all I could find about it, and I found it by accident in an Wild Pokemon FAQ.

Last edited:

Super Blaziken

Blaze Master
    Years
    Swampling said:
    I always thought Wurmple was a time evolution :/ I'm fairly sure that how it worked in R/S. Thnaks though, I'll trade my Eevee over to my Sapphire =3

One more thing, I've heard that you can get /every/ legendary in FR/LG... I know how to get most, but how do you get Mew / Celebi / Legendary Dogs?
    And is there anything more in the Tanoby Ruins besides Unown?
    And while I'm at that, in the two places you get the Gems for Cerio (or whatever hes called xD), is there any function for the Braille? I've translated it, but it doesn't seem to be any instructions or anything, just cryptic stuffs...
    Thats 3 things. Whoops x.x
    I'm bad

Thanks all xD
    no it is not i evolved my 2 wurples in the same time (after the same battle) and got cascoon and silcoon i think it of their naures.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Super Blaziken said:
    no it is not i evolved my 2 wurples in the same time (after the same battle) and got cascoon and silcoon i think it of their naures.
    i heard depending on your poke ID the reason for evolving changes...... so its different for each person .....

trjessie579

Rocket Member
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jan 24, 2008
    You can NOT change Altering Cave Pokemon, period. You will always find Zubat there.

Nintendo was going to make a Wonderspot that changed the Pokemon in Altering Cave, but I guess since Japan abandoned the idea Nintendo in the US did, too. You can get these Pokemon from Emerald/Colosseum/XD anyway, so there's really no need to change the Pokemon in the cave in the first place.

Venucharsaurizard

Fire type master
    Years
    Ok, thanks! Next noobish question on its way!
    How can I get into that guesthouse/hotel in Celadon? I think there is a way in somehow, but I'm not sure.

DarkThunder

!\X/=|Zap|=\X/!
    Years
    To change the Pokemon in Altering Cave first get Mystery Gift.Then Save and hook up your E-Reader to your GBA/GBA SP.Turn on the game, select Mystery Gift, then select Wonder Card, scan the card and Poemon in Altering Cave are changed.
    But it's easier to get the Pokemon in Colosseum,Emerald (I recomend Emerald if you want to catch the Pokemon in the Safari Zone), and XD.

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    Venucharsaurizard said:
    Ok, thanks! Next noobish question on its way!
    How can I get into that guesthouse/hotel in Celadon? I think there is a way in somehow, but I'm not sure.

Define: Back Door
    <25 Characters whee>

Venucharsaurizard

Fire type master
    Years
    Sorry, mate...Wromg guesthouse. It's that one near the cafe that keeps telling you that it's full up.
    Oh, and does the SS Anne EVER return?
    VC

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2006
    Could anyone tell me some of the johto pokemon on the islands and where to find them?
    and what pokemon would you recommend for beating the first member of the elite four?

Synchronize

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    dragzer said:
    Could anyone tell me some of the johto pokemon on the islands and where to find them?
    and what pokemon would you recommend for beating the first member of the elite four?

I can't give exact locations, but Dunsparce, Misdreavus, Sentret, Larvatar, Skarmory (FireRed), Unown (Ruins), Mantine, Togepi (Some man with an egg), Phanpy, Spinarak, Ledyba, Heracross, and that's all I can remember off the top of my head.
    And for beating the the first Elite 4, just powerhouse Lorelai with Zapdos and/or Venusaur. Machamp'd be a pretty good choice IMO too.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Synchronize said:
    And for beating the the first Elite 4, just powerhouse Lorelai with Zapdos and/or Venusaur. Machamp'd be a pretty good choice IMO too.
    Venusaur is weak against ice..... so not against lorelie

Dragonite Tamer

I'll never leave you behind.
    Years
    dragzer said:
    I'll just say a couple. Larvitar is found on Island seven, Yanma and Wobbuffet on Island 6, Sneasel/Delibird (depending on the game) and Swinub are in the icefall cave on island 4 and Sentret on island 5. Thats all I can remember off the top of my head.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    How do you get past the bikers on 3 island, and what are they saying, since my Fire Red ROM's mostly in japanese I can't figure it out.

Synchronize

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    Pok?-Munna said:
    Venusaur is weak against ice..... so not against lorelie

I was waiting for someone to say that.

1) You have Hyper Potions
    2) Venusaur has a pretty nice Special Defense
    3) Half the pokemon lorelai uses has a not all that good Special Attack, so Ice Beam is not always OHKO.
    4) Venusaur has Sleep Powder
    5) Venusaur has Razor Leaf, which is SE against most of her pokemon.
    6) Razor Leaf has a High Crit Ratio.
    7) In Pokemon, weakness doesn't matter too much depending on your level, in which you are able to raise your pokemon to lvl 100, whereas Lorelai is not.

So yes against Lorelai.

DarkThunder

!\X/=|Zap|=\X/!
    Years
    brotlov said:
    How do you get past the bikers on 3 island, and what are they saying, since my Fire Red ROM's mostly in japanese I can't figure it out.
    #1.Go to Two Island.
    #2.Go to the building with the Wireless games.
    #3.You will see a biker who will head off to 3 Island.
    #4.Go to 3 Island and battle a few Bikers.
    You also can't get back to Kanto unless you do this.
    #1.Go to Berry Forest.
    #2.Go through the maze.
    #3.Find this little girl at the end.
    #4.Battle a Lv.30 Hypno and defeat it (though Hypno there are normally Lv.35-37).
    #5.Go back to that place with the Wireless games.
    #6.Give her father the Meteorite.
    #7.He will give you a Moon Stone.
    #8.Go to 1 Island and talk to Bill and Celio.
    #9.Now you get a Tri Pass and could go to Islands 1-3.Although later in the game you could get the Rainbow Pass that lets you go to Islands 1-7 and with Nintendo Events you could go to 8 Island and 9 Island (event over by now).

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2006
    thanks for the info I now have a tyranitor! and working on (drazer) dragonair.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2006
    P.S here is my team: venusair, blastoise, charzaird, tyranitor,dragonair. any ideas on what the last one could be?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back