• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Off the top of my head...
    Abra for Mr. Mime
    Slowbro for Lickitung
    Poliwhirl for Jynx

I think thats all... but I may have got them muddled up since I havent played LG for awhile now... so someone add/correct it if I'm wrong

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Here are the in-game trades for LeafGreen:

NidoranM for NidoranF
    Mr. Mime for Abra
    Nidorina for Nidorino
    Slowbro for Lickitung
    Raichu for Electrode
    Venonat for Tangela
    Ponyta for Seel

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2006
    Some questions!

Hi, for you all.

I want to thank kraka-chan for answering my question,

and want to ask some questions:

1.How can I get to Sabrina?

2.Is there any thing special in th Silph Co.?...If there is, How can I get it?

3.Where can I find the key in Cinnabar's gym? If it's in the Pokemon mansion then how can I get it?! it's not a mansion, it's a maze!

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    1. From the entrance step on the transporter and then following this:

Upper-right
    Lower-right
    Lower-left
    Upper-right
    Lower-right
    Upper-left
    Upper-right
    Lower-left
    Lower-right
    Upper-right
    Upper-left
    Upper-left
    Lower-left
    Lower-left

That will get you to Sabrina. If you are sneaky, you can get to her without invoking a single battle.

2. There are a TON of useful items at Silph Co., but I don't have time to list them all and how to get them. The ability to get Lapras should be incentive enough to progress through the levels.

3. The key is in the mansion. You have to flip switches that are hidden inside statues that you will find there. Flip the first one you see and then go up the stairs. Find the switch and then go right and up to a room that used to be locked. Go up the stairs and find another switch. Find where the floor is broken and fall down the LEFT side. Go downstairs and find the switch inside a room and activate. Leave the room and go left, avoiding the middle. Go to the north room and press the switch and enter the next room. You will find the Secret Key there.

Years

NidoranM for NidoranF
    Mr. Mime for Abra
    Nidorina for Nidorino
    Slowbro for Lickitung
    Raichu for Electrode
    Venonat for Tangela
    Ponyta for Seel

I think its Abra for the Mr.Mime not the other way around, and theres also a Spearow for an Abra

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years

NidoranM for NidoranF
    Mr. Mime for Abra
    Nidorina for Nidorino
    Slowbro for Lickitung
    Raichu for Electrode
    Venonat for Tangela
    Ponyta for Seel
    I knew I forgot some...
    I think its Abra for the Mr.Mime not the other way around, and theres also a Spearow for an Abra
    Yeah it is Abra for Mr Mime not the other way round. Also is there a Spearow for Abra?? I didnt know that...

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2006
    I can't find him/her

I can't find the 8th leader,

where can I find him/her?

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    you can find the 8th gym leader, Giovanni, at the gym in Viridian City. you will have to have beaten the 7th gym, and have the Secret Key to unlock this gym. good luck.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2006
    I can't beat the first one of Elite four! what the Pokemon kind which can beat ice?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Here is how you beat the Weak5:

Lorelei:
    Dewgong - Thunderbolt, Brick Break
    Slowbro - Thunderbolt
    Cloyster - Thunderbolt
    Jynx - Shadow Ball, Rock Slide
    Lapras - Brick Break, Rock Slide

Bruno:
    Onix - Surf
    Onix - Surf
    Hitmonchan - Aerial Ace, Psychic
    Hitmonlee - Aerial Ace
    Machamp - Aerial Ace, Psychic

Agatha:
    Gengar - Shadow Ball
    Haunter - Shadow Ball
    Golbat - Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Psychic, Rock Slide
    Arbok - Earthquake, Psychic
    Gengar - Shadow Ball

Lance:
    Gyarados - Thunderbolt
    Aerodactyl - Rock Slide, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Surf
    Dragonair - Ice Beam
    Dragonite - Ice Beam
    Dragonair - Ice Beam

Gary:
    Pidgeot (LOL) - Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Rock Slide
    Rhydon - Surf
    Alakazam - Shadow Ball
    Gyarados (Blastoise/Venusaur) - Thunderbolt
    Exeggutor (Charizard/Venusaur) - Ice Beam/Shadow Ball
    Arcanine (Blastoise/Charizard) - Earthquake/Surf
    Venusaur (Blastoise) - Aerial Ace
    Blastoise (Charizard) - Thunderbolt
    Charizard (Venusaur) - Surf/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Rock Slide

Just make sure your team has all those moves (STAB is preferred, but these moves on a Poke with a high attack (physical or special) works just as well.

Gaspar

No Hacks
    Years
    Hello All,

I know this sounds a bit silly but has anyone ever used a single pokemon to get through all the gyms and the weak5? Am sure its possible given the right pokemon/moveset and a high enough level.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Hello All,

I know this sounds a bit silly but has anyone ever used a single pokemon to get through all the gyms and the weak5? Am sure its possible given the right pokemon/moveset and a high enough level.

I think you can do it all with Blaziken but you will get some problems against Winona and a Liza + Tate

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Swampert does it easily. I have reset my Ruby/Emerald games MANY times (to get multiple TMs and other items without cheating) and I only use Mudkip. I don't ever have to catch/raise any other Pokes.

I also used Blastoise in FRLG, since it can learn Dig/EQ and IB.

Mrbadboy3

Unknown Friend
    Years
    Elite Four ?

Hi.. I''m currently playing Fire Red and I'm stuck in beating the Elite 4 for the first time :\ My Pokemon are all in the low-hi 50's except my Pidgeot. Any Suggestions?

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    have you gone to the first 3 islands yet? it helps to train there. in the elite four, having a strong psychic pokemon is a priority (i'd suggest raising a hypno because it can easily destroy venasaur with hypnosis and dream eater), and on Island 1, there are these high-level fighting trainers that you can continually battle and beat. you will also be able to significantly raise pidgeot here, and the good thing about the area for training is that the cave next to it allows you to heal your pokemon in that hot spring. if you don't want to raise a hypno, you could always trade a poliwhirl for jynx, which would help you against lance (the dragon elite 4) as well. i needed both a jynx and a hypno for agatha, the ghost elite 4.

for the ice elite four, and later on against golbat and gyarados, a zapdos (or if you have a jolteon, that's awesome) will be of great help. for pokes like arbok and jynx that can be a pain in the butt, a versatile attack pokemon (i used my flareon, but if you have charizard, it will do) will work. if you have a venasuar... and though i love venasaur... he's not very helpful in the elite four. he might help against agatha and bruno, but it won't do much against anyone else.

on a final note: make sure you have a water pokemon with good special attack. good luck.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back