• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Hi.. I''m currently playing Fire Red and I'm stuck in beating the Elite 4 for the first time :\ My Pokemon are all in the low-hi 50's except my Pidgeot. Any Suggestions?
    The levels of your Pokes are plenty high. If you look up a few posts, you will see a post of mine that shows what moves are necessary to defeat the Weak5 very easily. If you are missing any of those moves, then get them. If you have them, then your selection of Pokes for your team may be the problem. If you like, you can post your team and I will give you some pointers. You shouldn't be losing to the Weak5 if your Pokes levels are over 50.

Mrbadboy3

Unknown Friend
    Years
    have you gone to the first 3 islands yet? it helps to train there. in the elite four, having a strong psychic pokemon is a priority (i'd suggest raising a hypno because it can easily destroy venasaur with hypnosis and dream eater), and on Island 1, there are these high-level fighting trainers that you can continually battle and beat. you will also be able to significantly raise pidgeot here, and the good thing about the area for training is that the cave next to it allows you to heal your pokemon in that hot spring. if you don't want to raise a hypno, you could always trade a poliwhirl for jynx, which would help you against lance (the dragon elite 4) as well. i needed both a jynx and a hypno for agatha, the ghost elite 4.

for the ice elite four, and later on against golbat and gyarados, a zapdos (or if you have a jolteon, that's awesome) will be of great help. for pokes like arbok and jynx that can be a pain in the butt, a versatile attack pokemon (i used my flareon, but if you have charizard, it will do) will work. if you have a venasuar... and though i love venasaur... he's not very helpful in the elite four. he might help against agatha and bruno, but it won't do much against anyone else.

on a final note: make sure you have a water pokemon with good special attack. good luck.

Alright I'll try since I'm in the 3 Islands. I tried training in VR but it's no good since Vs Seeker doesn't work on there... So I'll try going back to the 3 Islands Okay if anyone has anything else feel free to say :]

Last edited:

CrystalFlow

Fun Trainer
    Years
    for the elemental hyper beams if i were to breed my starter would i be able to teach it to the bred one or can only the actual starter learn it?

Mrbadboy3

Unknown Friend
    Years
    Here is how you beat the Weak5:

Lorelei:
    Dewgong - Thunderbolt, Brick Break
    Slowbro - Thunderbolt
    Cloyster - Thunderbolt
    Jynx - Shadow Ball, Rock Slide
    Lapras - Brick Break, Rock Slide

Bruno:
    Onix - Surf
    Onix - Surf
    Hitmonchan - Aerial Ace, Psychic
    Hitmonlee - Aerial Ace
    Machamp - Aerial Ace, Psychic

Agatha:
    Gengar - Shadow Ball
    Haunter - Shadow Ball
    Golbat - Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Psychic, Rock Slide
    Arbok - Earthquake, Psychic
    Gengar - Shadow Ball

Lance:
    Gyarados - Thunderbolt
    Aerodactyl - Rock Slide, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Surf
    Dragonair - Ice Beam
    Dragonite - Ice Beam
    Dragonair - Ice Beam

Gary:
    Pidgeot (LOL) - Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Rock Slide
    Rhydon - Surf
    Alakazam - Shadow Ball
    Gyarados (Blastoise/Venusaur) - Thunderbolt
    Exeggutor (Charizard/Venusaur) - Ice Beam/Shadow Ball
    Arcanine (Blastoise/Charizard) - Earthquake/Surf
    Venusaur (Blastoise) - Aerial Ace
    Blastoise (Charizard) - Thunderbolt
    Charizard (Venusaur) - Surf/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Rock Slide

Just make sure your team has all those moves (STAB is preferred, but these moves on a Poke with a high attack (physical or special) works just as well.

How can I get a Gengar/Alakazam if my friend lost his Firered ?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    for the elemental hyper beams if i were to breed my starter would i be able to teach it to the bred one or can only the actual starter learn it?
    Although I would advise against teaching the crappy elemental moves at all, you can teach them to your bred versions of the starters.

CrystalFlow

Fun Trainer
    Years
    yeah thats why i asked, i didnt want to teach my main squirtle hyrdo cannon so i thought just throw it on a bred one. and if i can teach them to my bred versions this is awsome

Sumshine 904

PokéDork
    Years
    I've heard that you can get Mew on FireRed and LeafGreen without going to a special event. Is this true? If so, could someone tell me how to get Mew? Thanks in advance.

Gaspar

No Hacks
    Years
    Hello,

I apologise if this has been asked before but could someone tell me the best HM slave(s) in Leaf Green?

Thanks In Advance

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    nidoking and/or nidoqueen, snorlax, meowth/persian, pinsir and if you don't care much about legendary pokes like me, than zapdos. all you really need a zapdos for is thunderbolt and drill peck, so i taught mine both rock smash and fly. good luck.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Hello,

I apologise if this has been asked before but could someone tell me the best HM slave(s) in Leaf Green?

Thanks In Advance

Gyarados is a good one to use, you can stick four HMs on that and its easy to get. I have Strength, Surf, Waterfall and Rock Smash on it.

CrystalFlow

Fun Trainer
    Years
    in celadon beside the mansion were to go into the back way there is a boy saying the lady inside gave me tea its hot gotta wait and cool it to drink it and he is blocking my path to the back entrance. anyway to move him?, if this helps at all i have given the tea to the gaurds and caught the snorelax outside of celadon

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ...Hmm...he didn't block MY way...you sure you can't get around him? He shouldn't be blocking you...keep in mind that the entrance is two blocks wide.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back