• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Since DS is more advance then GBA and holds more data...

Kairyuu

Dragonite Trainer
Years
  • this open many possible things for pearl and diamond like
    all the areas in one game
    3D play
    Longer game
    Voice command
    if theres any other ideas you think they may use post

ps sorry if there is another one of these post if there is plz lock this

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
  • yeah, thats kinda evident, especially considering the DS cartridges can hold 1gig, while the GBA ones could only hold a small amt (not sure on the actual number). In addition, i know you are new, but shouldn't this go in the wishlist sticky?

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
  • not really since he is talking abou the DS.

And do they hold 1 gig that is pretty impressive.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • It's not really wishing or anything... just opening up the possibilities. Nintendo have already revealed online playing, and since they like to milk most of the DS's features *COUGHWarioWareCOUGH* they probably will find a way to link the microphone and double screen somehow. They'd better get it right though -_-

Years
  • In diamand/pearl i'd like to see all three regions (Kanto, Johto and hoenn im not really botherd about orre)
    Microphone would be sweet I can imagine sitting there shouting "Bulbasaur I choose you" like a maniac.
    It would be good to heara actuall pokemon voices as well.
    I've got my doubts about full 3d. Better graphics would be nice but i'd rather they use the space for more gameplay and leave the full 3d to the 'cube or better yet revolution.
    Because it's only I think that there should be like giant online pokemon tournaments and be able to download new pokemon or whatever that would be great.

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
  • More advanced? One gig?
    I actually think that's hard to believe and untrue. My friend's PDA can beat the NDS.
    The NDS is nothing special, IMO. It's dual screen, which I believe a Sega product of some sort had, oh wow, it's caught up to a PDA with a TOUCH SCREEN.

Although, if Nintendo play their cards right, D/P will be quite good. But I doubt they will. They've had so many chances like that. And making the Micro was just wasting their time...

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2009
    Dude, using the microphone would suck. I don't want to be sitting on the bus and have to shout, "Wingull, use Water Gun!" when I want my Pokemon to attack.

God Of Water

Pokemon Master Of Water
    Years
  • Doctor Dogg said:
    More advanced? One gig?
    I actually think that's hard to believe and untrue. My friend's PDA can beat the NDS.
    The NDS is nothing special, IMO. It's dual screen, which I believe a Sega product of some sort had, oh wow, it's caught up to a PDA with a TOUCH SCREEN.

Although, if Nintendo play their cards right, D/P will be quite good. But I doubt they will. They've had so many chances like that. And making the Micro was just wasting their time...
    What`s PDA?And What Sega Product Has A Dual Screen?

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
  • yeah, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. since the pokemon games are far from broke (hence the life of this forum) then there is no need to go and add extra features that are unneeded and may ruin the game. Sometimes, the simplest games are the best.

DeoxysOwns22

*Visit My Adoption Center*
    Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 21, 2005
    cmatz0- I totally agree. Even with Emerald and FR/LG out, my favorite is still Red/Blue!!!

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • God Of Water said:
    Well If You Want To Help You Could At Least Tell >e What PDa Is Instead Of Making Fun Of Me.
    OK, a PDA stands for Personal Digital Assistant, and they are essentialy hand-held computers. They usually function as personal organisers, web browsers and also phones. They are mostly stylus based too.

Triaspia

ooh shiney
    Years
  • pda stands for personal data assistant

that said I think that you would be able to give your pokemon commands if you have the microphone headset pluged on our use the pads.
    Another thing I would like to see is a 5th option (dodge) so that its a bit more like the anime but it only works about 2-3 time out of 5 turns or something
    and when you declare a damaging attack theres a cursor that you must get to the pokemon on the touch screen to hit (you have a 3 sec time period and the cursor puts up some resistance

more features as I think them up
    p.s im thinking of getting a job at nintendo do you recon id be any good

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
  • yeah, but like i said, sometimes simple is better. although it would make the game more interactive, it would also make it more annoying and would take the essential "pokemonness" out of it. it would be much of an RPG. and besides, ti would just be annoying, since its really easy to tap something. If you wanted something like that, they should make an additional game that would be a fighting game, and you get to use your pokemon's skills and all that. Its a nice thought, but if you think about it it would get soooo annoying (especially with random encounters, and it would drastically affect the AI, as it would be harder or easier).

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    Just to clarify something........the DS cards are one gigaBIT not a gigaBYTE......there is a differance. 1 gigabyte is what? 1024MB? and 1 gigabit is 256MB of data......so they are not as big as they sound hehehe......bye the way i am a new user and i know Testsuya-san in REAL LIFE....YES!!!!!!!

Cooltrainer Kent

Kamikaze Kent
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 20, 2016
    So you're basically friends with Jake in real life? =D

Certainly the DS holds more than the GBA, so of course it'll be bigger. And the game should be. ^_^;;

Back