• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Single color challenge for R/S/E.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    Ok. I've seen a lot of monotype/species challenges, as well as single Pokemon runs. Well, I thought, why not have a challenge for one color?
    For this challenge, you may pick ONE out of ten colors:
    Red-
    Blue-
    Green-
    Yellow-SvobobaMT
    Purple-
    Pink- Mewliveson
    Brown-Orgamon
    Black-
    Gray-
    White-Vuallam

To explain more, you may use ANY Pokemon that are ONE of these ten colors. For a list of colors and Pokemon, I have included a list at the bottom of the rules.

Rules for challenge:
    1. NOT a race.
    2. Have fun.
    3. You may use ANY Pokemon, as long as it falls under the color you have chosen.
    4. Post your progress as much as possible.
    5. I will also post everyone who finished. The first to finished will be displayed before everyone (Congrats btw)
    If you choose a Pokemon, (Ex Manetric) and your color is yellow, note that Electrike is not yellow. However, you may still use Electrike, but you MUST ONLY train it to get it to evolve. Only AFTER it has evolved, can you use your other Pokemon.
    IF you are not able to retrieve your color until a few towns later, you may ONLY use your STARTER Pokemon until you get to your desired colored Pokemon
    Ex. Black. Black is the LONGEST to get. Usually. The FIRST Black colored Pokemon available is Mawile.

And lastly, if you have a basic Pokemon, who evolves into a Pokemon that is a DIFFERENT color than the color you chose, you may NOT evolve the basic Pokemon.
    Ex. Wingull. If you wanted a Wingull on your team of white Pokemon, you are not allowed to evolve it into Pelipper as Pelipper is classified as yellow.

Other than that, more than one person may sign up per color. If you choose to CHANGE your color, you must do so BEFORE you get to Dewford. (Meaning dont get to Brawly and then decide to switch)

Here is the list of the colors and Pokemon: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_color

It seems that if this WAS a race, one person would have won. That person, is Rentorar! Finished in less than one day, so congrats! I dub thea, Speed Demon!

Last edited:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • 'K. In that case, if it's alright, I'll post my prototype team:

Swampert
    Altaria and/or Salamence
    Gyarados
    Masquerain
    Swellow
    Lanturn or Wailord or Walrein or Kyogre ><'

Yeah... A bunch of Water Pokemon, but anyone can figure that. Can't see how Milotic's classified as "pink" (I think it should be yellow, if you ask me), but what the hey?

Pysncrono

Spriter / UU Battler
    Years
  • Id like grey please, so many tough loking pokes in there 8D
    Of course, there's hardly anyone for special :P

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    Oh what the hey, I'll go for it. Do I have to make videos of my progress or can I just blog it?
    I choose purple.
    You can do it however you'd like.
    All of you are accepted and I hope ya have fun!

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
    Years
  • Just beat Winona

Swampert 47
    Exploud 45
    Gyrados 46
    Masquerain 48
    Kingdra (traded abck and forth) 50
    Swellow 49

By the way, Bagon evolves from Blue - White - Blue.... can I still use it?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    Just beat Winona

Swampert 47
    Exploud 45
    Gyrados 46
    Masquerain 48
    Kingdra (traded abck and forth) 50
    Swellow 49

By the way, Bagon evolves from Blue - White - Blue.... can I still use it?
    Yes but when it evolves you must only train it until it evolves.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    Awesome.

I'll get Bagon to 55 in no time, with my training method
    Yeah I didnt think it'd pesterize you too much
    XD
    What IS your method anyways? *Is trying to train own Sandstorm team*
    VM/PM it to me. Dont post it here. Please

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
    Years
  • It says post if possible!