• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Single color challenge for R/S/E.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
  • Well, took me a while to get this up. Since my internet stopped working, I couldn't post my progress. So this is from yesterday (as much as I can remember):

Mudkip (Kip)
    Everstone
    Female
    Level 21
    Quiet Nature
    Knows Tackle, Bide, Mud-Slap, Water Gun
    Other Notes: I'm planning on keeping her a Mudkip just so she can learn Hydro Pump ><' Oh, and I actually planned on using her in Beauty contests, so I SR'ed for a Mudkip with a Quiet nature until I got one; I'm glad she also ended up being a girl, since I love girl Pokemon :3

Ralts (Ruri)
    Female
    Level 11 (or 12)
    Knows Growl, Confusion, Double Team
    Other Notes: I'm keeping her on my team temporarily. Ruri is also going to be my Smart contest Pokemon, even though I know her nature doesn't care whether she eats bitter PokeBlocks or not.

Gyarados (Hydra)
    Female
    Level 20
    Knows Splash, Tackle, Bite
    Other Notes: I had too much patience training her. I'm lucky to have gotten a Rare Candy and leveled her up after she reached level 19. I waited quite a bit to beat Brawly, mainly because I was spending my time leveling Hydra up.

Oddish (Ode)
    Female
    Level 13
    Knows Sweet Scent, Absorb, Cut
    Other Notes: Ode is just for cutting stuff up. Nothing else to say (OK, she's to find Pokemon without me walking around the grass).

What I Plan to Do:

-First get to Mauville and get a Mach Bike. I recently beat my rival (May; I named myself Ruby), so I'm on that route.
    -I'll put Kip in the daycare with a Pokemon that she gets along with.
    -I'm going to pick up the Egg then go back to Route 102 in hopes of finding a Surskit.
    -Once the egg hatches, I'm training the Mudkip until it evolves, and use it to beat Wattson.
    -The Surskit I'll train afterwards.

Pysncrono

Spriter / UU Battler
    Years
  • First update!

Challenge: Grey

Started game
    Chose Torchic
    Did crap till I caught a Poochyena.
    Trained Poochyena to Lv8
    Reched Petalburg
    Left petalburg for Rustboro
    Cuaght a Zigzagoon(HM Slave, Pickup)
    Had a few intense battles in the Woods, almost lost to the Nincada guy
    Trained Poochyena to Lv12
    reached Rustboro

Currently in Rustboro, will HAVE to train to atleast Lv 18 to beat Roxanne, Brawly will be hell as I can only get Aron and Poochyena in wild till Dewford, even upto Slateport :(

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2014
    Well, got torchic, levelled up and evolved it to combuskin to crush roxanne, then went through the events and took the ship that the sailor takes you on to where I am now(I suck with names but am going to bed so cannot load it to check as I am tired enough I can barely see straight), also got a nincada as my first HM slave to be used for now

Pysncrono

Spriter / UU Battler
    Years
  • Update #2!!

Trained Poochyena to Lv16
    Fought through the gym trainers. Quite easy
    Faced Roxanne-
    OMG I had to resort to flinchax and Sand Attack to beat Nosepass- I set up 3 sand attacks and then Bite for the win!
    Rescued Peeko
    Did stuff to get to Dewford.
    Caught an Aron in Granite Cave
    Delivered letter and skipped ahead to Slateport.
    Did lots of training to get both guys to Lv 20
    Beat Dewford Gym tainers
    Faced Brawly- I lost the first time round ;_;, so now I gopt some potions and prayed to the Hax gods
    Makuhita was one only due to flinchax.
    Grinded till level 20 for both
    Reached Slateport
    Defeated Aqua grunts
    Fought rival- Aron took down two opponents even though he had a type disadvantage against everyone. YAY Aron!

Current team:

Shadow the Mightyena
    Lv 23
    -Howl
    -Tackle
    -Bite
    -Sand-Attack

Chrome the Aron
    Lv22
    -Iron Defense
    -Metal Claw
    -Headbutt
    -Mud Slap

Currently heading towards Mauville to get a good Special Hiden Power Volbeat.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I will do black for this one. Will start as soon as I get home from school. Got plenty of time on my hands right now.

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2011
    Time for my first update!

ONE COLOR POKEMON CHALLENGE (BLUE)

-Started a new game in Sapphire (cuz it's blue :P)
    -Named myself JANIf
    -Choose Mudkip as my starter
    -Rescued Prof. Birch from the menacing Lv. 2 Poochyena
    -Leveled Mudkip (named QQ) to Lv. 8
    -Defeated May
    -Obtained the PokeDex
    -Caught a Zigzagoon (HM slave/Pick Up slave)
    -Traded a Beldum and a Heracross (my favorite poke if you haven't noticed already :D) from my
    Emerald game
    -Grinded until their both Lv. 8's
    -Watched Wally catch his Ralts
    -Caught a Lv. 4 Taillow (my last non-HM slave addition to the team); Named it BIRD
    -Defeated the Team Aqua Grunt in Petalburg Woods (OHKO'd his Poochyena with Heracross' Horn Attack :P)
    -Stole Cut from the Cutter guy, in Rustboro City, and taught it to Zigzagoon
    -Defeated Roxanne and her pathetic underlings; Nosepass only landed two moves (lol)
    -Rescued Peeko, defeated the Aqua Grunt a second time, and obtained the Devon Goods
    -Returned the Goods and got the PokeNav and the letter to Steven
    -Met up with Mr. Briney and he was kind enough to give me a boat ride to Dewford
    -Got the Old Rod and used it to catch Tentacool (another HM slave)

Current team:

Mudkip (QQ) Lv. 15
    Ability: Torrent
    Nature: Quirky (no stat change)
    -Tackle
    -Growl
    -Mud-Slap
    -Water Gun

Taillow (BIRD) Lv. 14
    Ability: Guts
    Nature: Quiet (-Spd +SA)
    -Wing Attack
    -Growl
    -Focus Energy
    -Quick Attack

Heracross (FIGHTER) Lv. 11
    Ability: Guts
    Nature: Careful (-SA +SD)
    -Tackle
    -Leer
    -Horn Attack
    -Endure

Beldum (BELDUM) Lv. 11
    Ability: Clear Body
    Nature: Modest (-Att +SA)
    -Take Down

Zigzagoon (HM Slave)
    Tentacool (HM Slave)

Current location: Dewford Town
    Current play time: 1:50

Now it's time to go to work. Hopefully I'll be able to play some more tonight and do another update.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • My current progress:

-Caught Surskit in Route 102, named him Silk
    -Reached Mauville, got Bike
    -Breeded Kip with Silk and got an egg
    -Hatched the egg in Slateport
    -Trained Zuzu (male Mudkip) 'til he evolved
    -Beat Wattson
    -Currently growing Chesto Berries to turn into PokeBlocks

My team is the same, with the addition of Silk (who is currently level 14), and Zuzu was only for battling Wattson, so I will not use him pretty much :/ My Pokemon have gained a few levels (Ruri especially, since I gave her the Exp. Share), but...

What I Plan to Do Next:
    -Make Blue PokeBlocks out of the Chesto Berries and give them to Kip, then enter a Normal Rank Beauty contest.

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
    Years
  • The Purple Adventure - Part 1

Ok, it's time to begin!
    I'll be playing Pokemon Sapphire since Sableye is in the purple group and I totally want a Sableye.
    Anyway, I'll be using images to tell the story. This is kinda like those 'Let's Play!' things you may see floating around the net.
    I have a question though: does it matter if I use a HM slave that isn't purple? Mudkip can learn loads of HMs and there are no purple water types availiable in R/S/E.

Beginning
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2014
    Alright, beat the second gym and then caught a goldeen and delivered the letter before heading to slateport, my party is now my goldeen, level 17, my combusken, level 25, and my nincada HM slave whom I plan to use till I can get a good rod and catch two corphish, one to use as a party member and one as a new HM slave so I can have even my HM slaves be red, with the exception of fly, as the only red pokemon I could get with fly would be Latias, and I do not particularly want to spend a move slot on that, plus I want to try to avoid legendaries, plus it comes so late on

Ikwaylx

Years
  • Part 2

Dewford and catching stuff - click on the spoiler if you want to see stuff

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2014
    Got my third badge, then played to the cave, caught a numel and did some grinding till I just evolved it using only it as per the rules, now am going to continue on with my ground type in tow, after I beat the next gym though, I better get to work on my project, is due thursday

PS forgot to mention: also am gonna fire my goldeen, because the water type I was planning on in the end was crawdaunt anyway, was mainly using it so in double battles both were red

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2011
    Here it is! Update #2!

-Took Flash from the Hiker in Granite Cave
    -Delivered the letter to Steven
    -Humiliated Brawly for the second badge
    -Got a ride to Slateport
    -Met Captain Stern
    -Thwarted Team Aqua's Plans at the Oceanic Museum
    -Gave the Devon Goods to the Captain
    -Made my way back to Rustboro and took the Devon President's EXP. Share (makes it easier to train
    Beldum)
    -Defeated the first Trick House and got the Rare Candy (I used it on FIGHTER)
    -Creamed May in our second battle
    -Ran all the way to Mauville City and obtained Rock Smash; I taught it to Zigzagoon
    -Jacked some store keeper's Mach Bike :o
    -I put Wally to shame for the first time
    -Beat Wattson for the third badge (OHKO'd all of his pokes with Marshtomp's Mud Shot :P)
    -Broke some rocks and got Strength
    -Crushed the Winstrate family and got the Macho Brace

My team is the same except for some evolutions: Marshtomp, Metang and Swellow

Current location: Route 111
    Current play time: 3:38

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2014
    got my two corphish, got a solrock for a psychic type, and caught a voltorb too after beating the fourth leader and my dad in relatively short order of one another, then spent hours grinding my one corphish to evolve, so now have my party, will need VBA link though, cause crawdaunt only learns crunch in Fire Red and Leaf Green, which is just cruel

Ikwaylx

Years
  • Might be making another one soon, I'll probably screenshot a bit of training. Brawly will be incredibly easy though thanks to Sableye.

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2011
    Just a minor update tonight.

-Continued on to Meteor Falls only to find Team Aqua
    -Made my way back to Mt. Chimney to fight the evil team
    -Defeated Archie and nabbed the Meteorite
    -Braved Jagged Path and made it to Lavaridge Town
    -Flattened Flannery for the fourth badge
    -Met up with May and she gave me the Go-Goggles

Current position: Lavaridge Town
    Current playtime: 4:45