• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

Mutt19

Kill confuse ray not golbat
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2010
    Mystery gift magmortar

Because I have pokemon battle revolution I got a magmortar mystery gift :) I didn't even have the national dex yet I finnaly think I can get past his weavile

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    Vespiquen - A Smart Contest Champion?

Using a Vespiquen for a Smart Contest was one of the smartest things I'd done in awhile for my game. x___X
    After buying eight bitter poffins for the Veilstone City Dpt. Store, and feeding them to my Vespiquen (that is the amount for maximum "Smart" contest stats), it all went uphill from there. After that, I had taught her the following moves -
    Gust
    Attack Order
    Defend Order
    Heal Order
    To get the upperhand for moves, at LEAST, keep Attack Order, AND Defend Order.
    Lastly, I had given her a Green Scarf.
    After this, I had entered the contest.
    I had then learned for the moves, if you do the following pattern -
    Defend Order (Doubles score in next turn)
    Attack Order (2 + (2 if there is voltage added) + 4 (if Defend Order is used before)
    This means that every other turn you go above the first set of points you can get. (red hearts)
    Hopefully this helps people out attempting to win Smart Contests. :D

PhantomDraco

Take what you can...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2010
    Got past the second Gym in Platinum. Have a completely different team in that game than in Pearl.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    Finally got all of the desired Natures for my new team.
    It's Houndour, Shuppet, Bagon, Zubat, Ralts and Feebas. All Lv1 babies xD

Now for the hard stuff..EV-training. Raising Zubat's happiness level and growing berries for Feebas -____-

And I didn't know that it was so annoying to get a Macho Brace here. Now I gotta catch myself 3 Burmies..

Last edited:

benthekid

Know one knows you like you do
    Years
    i have been teaching my gliscor good moves all week.as well as trying to make ashs battle frontier team for a special battle.

BlueShuckle

School Boy
    Years
    I've been EV training my Shiny Shinx recently. He is now a Luxray, although I'm not done with training yet.
    I'm also going to start breeding many Ralts for a bunch of Ralts with Synchronize and all different natures.
    I have also started to train a little Growlithe to become my favorite Pokemon, Arcanine.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    It takes pretty long for me to EV-train my new team >_> Since I don't have the items that double EV-points. At least PokeRus is helping me out.

I'm finished with training Crobat, Gallade and Shelgon (all Adamant). Milotic (Modest) is halfly done too. That leaves Houndour (Modest) and Shuppet (Hasty)..And then grind-grind-grind them until they reach an acceptable level. Omg x_x

And I still haven't finished the Stark Mountain walk xD I want to do that with my new team.

<3

PhantomDraco

Take what you can...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2010
    Currently trying to win as many consecutive battles in the Battle Tower as possible.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    Well the only stuff i've done recently is train my Gallade some more in Platinum.

And I got a jap ditto in my Diamond to use for shiny breeding which I got for a Latias that came from the GTS. Traded the only one I had in my legendary collection because I think it was hacked and I wanted to nab that foreign ditto before someone else did. :P

I haven't really played in a few days though since I got the new kingdom hearts, but i'm sure i'll be addicted to playing pokemon again once I beat it.

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
    Years
    I haven't done much in Platinum lately. I've just unsuccessful in getting a shiny Sneasel, but I'll keep trying.

I've been too busy playing Mystery Dungeon (Time), but I'll get around to it!

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    I played on Diamond last night because I couldn't fall asleep, so I tried hatching eggs over and over to get a shiny :D

I'm trying to get a shiny lileep and evolve it, so i'll have a pink Cradily. No luck so far :(

Jinju

Dokuro-chan
    Years
    Pokemon Natures

Okay so im breeding in pokemon platinum and it seems like a real pain i have to fill up about 2 boxes(sixty Pokemon) to get a Modest Piplup its ridiculous it took me three days to find a Timid Roselia any one else have this problem .

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    It shouldn't take that long, what natures were the two pokemon you were breeding with.
    It took me a couple of hours to get the natures I wanted.

Zowayixx

Tweak Master
    Years
    The two things you can do to make it easier on yourself are to give an Everstone to the female Pokemon, or to RNG. Also, make sure you have a Pokemon with the Flame Body ability in your party.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    If you can't get your hands on a female with the nature you want, consider stocking up on Dittos with natures you want to pass on to Pokemon. Give 'em the Everstone just as you would a female Pokemon, and you should find breeding easier.

Back