• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
    Years
    Just went through the Battleground. Got a little bit ticked that Roark and Gardenia were sitting at the same table, so I vented out some fury by letting some Staraptor anger unleash on her grass-types...and I pulled out Gengar too. >:3 And then I went to go beat Candice and Roark since no one else was there (and felt kinda sad when I beat Roark...again.)

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    Currently training my elite 4 team.
    I plan to challenge the elite 4 within 2 weeks.

Planned elite 4 team
    Torterra lv.65
    Staraptor lv.55
    Electrivire lv.55
    Houndoom lv.55
    Gyarados lv.55
    Snorlax lv.55

Years
    Currently on a spree of catching Tyrogue because they took FOREVER to find a single one. I'm going to level one up with good defense to 20 so I can get a Bullet Punch Hitmonchan, then breed it with a Ditto to get an Adamant Tyrogue for a Bullet Punch Hitmonlee. :D

I also thought my Battle Frontier team was unbeatable until I encountered an amazing team... I had: Heatran, Ludicolo and Tyranitar... the opponent had a Hitmonlee which destroyed Heatran, then a Clefable which took out Ludicolo after receiving a Hi-Jump Kick from Hitmonlee, and then took out Tyranitar with a Meteor Mash... I was just about at my 21 streak.

Sadly... yes my Pokemon are EV trained. XD;

With that Tyrogue I the Bullet Punch Hitmonchan. I also obtained an Adamant Ditto and ended up breeding like 50 Tyrogues. I hatched around 15 that seemed decent and I found a great IV'd one (at least to me, since it was my first time IV breeding).

30/30/14/13/26/25

The speed isn't the greatest, but attack and HP are amazing.

Currently I'm battling the Gentleman and Socialite by the Trophy Garden to get a lot of money so I can buy vitamins to start a big EV training spree. First one up is Bullet Punch Hitmonlee. ;)

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    I picked my EV reducing berries that had been growing for over 24 hours -_-. Each plant had 5 berries on it, so that wasn't so bad.. I guess. I started breeding some Mr. Mime in the hope of finding one with a good special defense and the Filter ability. I couldn't find one, so I gave up, and called the Calm one with Soundproof good enough. Soon, I'm going to breed for a Hasty or Jolly Seedot. This all goes into my double-battle technique, so I don't have to rely on ubers anymore.

Nothing else much, really. Those berries have been eating my time up like crazy.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I'm not tragically unlucky when it comes to catching legendaries, but this is ridiculous. x_X

So I was getting ready to go to the Spear Pillar to catch Dialga and Palkia. I spent practically all my money on 110 Ultra Balls and 60 Net Balls, hauled my team up Stark Mountain, challenge Dialga, get its health down to red with one Close Combat, and catch it with one Ultra Ball. Then I challenge Palkia, get it into the red with another Close Combat and a Return, and catch it. With one Net Ball.

So, yeah, I was really happy, but also pretty annoyed that I just had to sell 70 Ultra Balls and 30 Net Balls back to the PokeMart. xP

Years
    So, yeah, I was really happy, but also pretty annoyed that I just had to sell 70 Ultra Balls and 30 Net Balls back to the PokeMart. xP

I always have at least 50 Ultra Balls on hand, so what was the point of selling them back?

Anyways I finished EV training my Hitmonlee I've just gotta level it up to get the right moveset. Moveset I'm going for is Bullet Punch, Close Combat, Blaze Kick and Sucker Punch.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Oooh just found this thread XD I will try and sum up what i have done the last few days:

1. Found my first shiny D/P Pokemon, Palkia (Hell yeah!).
    2. Took out Sunnyshore Gym, which was a bit of a challenge as I lack any type advantages over electrics o.O
    3. Made my way through Victory Road after stocking up with some Super Potions ;).
    4. Caught Azelf and Uxie (Still don't have Mesprite D:) and then made my way to the league.
    5. After about an hour of hardcore battles I finally beat Cynthia! :D Weee.

Team I beat the league with:

Floatzel
    Lv 50 at the end of the League,

Palkia
    Lv 48 at the end of the League,

Azelf
    Lv 50 at the end of the League (Poor thing didn't really get used! :P)

Raichu
    Lv 47 at the end,

Crobat
    Lv 43 at the end,

Infernape
    Lv 43 at the end.

With the lower levels it was hard beating any grass types haha, but I got there! :D *highfivesself*

Dreadnought

Imperador
    Years
    Pretty much been breeding and shuffling my team Roster to take care of some glaring weakness. Currently EV training a Salamence for battle and just finished breeding my Houndoom Breeding Project.

I'm not tragically unlucky when it comes to catching legendaries, but this is ridiculous. x_X

So I was getting ready to go to the Spear Pillar to catch Dialga and Palkia. I spent practically all my money on 110 Ultra Balls and 60 Net Balls, hauled my team up Stark Mountain, challenge Dialga, get its health down to red with one Close Combat, and catch it with one Ultra Ball. Then I challenge Palkia, get it into the red with another Close Combat and a Return, and catch it. With one Net Ball.

The best way to catch Dialga and Palkia is too fight them at night and use Dusk Balls. Dusk balls have a x4 catch rate at night and in dark places/caves. It only took me 1 dusk ball each to catch Dialga and Palkia.

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    After defeating Roark at the Oreburgh City gym, I went back to Jubilife City and fought Team Galactic. When I defeated Team Galactic, I traveled through the cave and entered Floaroma Town. I went to the Valleyworks site and battled Team Galactic again. After that, I traveled through the Enterna Forest and battled Gardenia at the Eterna City gym

My Current Pokemon in Party.
    1. Infernape
    2. Staraptor
    3. Bibarel
    4. Kricketune
    5. Luxray
    6. Kadabra

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
    havent uppdated in a while cause of computer problems at home anyway , continuing my riolou solorun on platinum:

Riolu " Aura" lv 87

just beat the 8th gym and will be heding to the victory road now

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    I defeated Gardenia in the Eterna City gym. I've defeated Team Galactic in their hideout in Eterna City. After that, I traveled down the Cycling Road and walked through the cave and entered Hearthome City to challenge Fantina.

My Current Pokemon in Party.
    1. Infernape
    2. Staraptor
    3. Bibarel
    4. Kricketune
    5. Luxray
    6. Kadabra

Superspaztastic13

Spaztastic Trainer
    Years
    Pretty Much training pokemon up to Lvl 50-52, worked on beating out the Galatic Head Quarters, and going to do the Mountain Today after much needed sleep. But keeping on training is what counts!

Current Team
    Scarlet (Infernape) Lv 51
    Ryu (lucario) Lv 50
    Hercules (Heracross) Lv 51
    Psyblade (Gallade) Lv 50
    Toad (Toxicroak)
    Chloe (Altaria) Lv 48

Years
    wow seems like everyones an Isnfernape fan
    me im a little less classy than you guys
    i only train 3 up
    i like a challenge for the league
    as for now
    i just caught Giratina with quite a lucky battle turnout used my luxray paralyzed it with thunderfang brough its health into the red, luxray nearly got KO'd threw 1 pokeball
    hey what do you know
    instant capture
    as i said i only train 3 pokemon
    and theyre not exactly special but ive been dominating this game thus far
    Empoleon lv. 52
    Luxray lv. 52.
    Lucario lv. 52
    gone go ponder my way sunyshore city

One-Litre-of-Tears

Pokemon Yellow is beautiful.
    Years
    Oh my God!

This is really real! My journey is...STOPPED because my younger sister broke my DS!!! By the way, If I'm on my journey I'm defeating Aaron of the Elite Four in Pokemon Platinum. Oh by the way I traded a MEWTHREE with my cousin. He he he!

That is all!!!

Last edited:

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
    Got to the E4 with my Riolu beat Aron, bertha and flint, will continue with Lucian later today:

Riolu " Aura lv 96
    Shadow claw
    earthquake
    Blaze kick
    brick break

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    I went underground to get a Claw Fossil. I got a bunch of junk, a Red Shard =D, and a Claw Fossil. Convenient...and I lost too early at the Battle Factory for me to want to try again for a while.

I don't play Open Level normally 'cause then I can avoid being beaten by GASTRODON and...well, I don't remember what else there was. URSARING, too...

Jordan...

Hello :D
    Years
    My platinum Journey is pretty much finished. I've beat the pokemon league 3-4 times. Im going to try to complete my national dex, Ive seen 339 pokémon :D

Back