• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

Rinku

Is back for "REVENGENCE."
    Years
    Well, today I finally did it... my main goal in D/P... I GOT A SHINY LUCARIO!!!!!! No hax, I swear! fully legit! It's so friggin awsome! It's going right in my party! *YAY!YAY!*

Inoku Akamu

the devoted one of the earth
    Years
    Hello, I just got my first Pokemon badge from Roark, the rock gym leader. My Pokemon that I have with me are Piplup, Shinx, Starly, Machop, Geodude, and Onix.

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
    Ooh tough call about the shiny Staravia! Maybe you'll see one again or another shiny in your 4 hour journey! Did the egg hatch yet, what's in it?

It hatched it was a Pichu! I forgot I had put Ditto with Raichu in the daycare, so I got a baby Pichu!

~DaRkBlAcK~

I drink ur milkshake :P
    Years
    Ummm...

-Defeated Elite Four
    -Caught Giratina with Quick Ball (lv. 74)

Transferred:
    Mewtwo (lv. 75)
    Kyogre (lv. 72)
    Kyogre (lv. 47)
    Groudon (lv. 71)
    Articuno (lv. 52)
    Zapdos (lv. 56)
    Moltres (lv. 54)
    Swampert (63)
    Swampert (44)

...and other pokemon

Got Rhyperior
    Got Tangrowth
    Got Mantine

and other stuff....

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    I've reconstructed my team to make it Ghost-proof for my Gym battle with Fantina, right now i'm leveling up my Vespiquen and Mr. Mime. =D

TrainerMatt

Ore wa kanari tsuyo!
    Years
    I made two posts in this thread and none of them showed up. : \

I restarted Diamond, and was going to Soft Reset to get a female Turtwig. LOLZ! Lucky me. The FIRST Turtwig is Female. Now I can finally have a Torterra with Woodhammer. <3

As I do in all my Sinnoh journies, I caught a Shinx and Starly. Forgot how powerful Starly are at low levels, especially with Wing Attack. Shinx is pretty bad until it learns Bite then Spark. Got to Oreburgh and decided between catching a Machop or Geodude. I caught a Geodude. Now my team is like this:

Turtwig - Level 11
    Shinx - Level 11
    Starly - Level 11
    Geodude - Level 8

Think I'm gonna get Geodue to level 11 to balance my team before I fight Roark.

Virgil Hunter

Things never work out -_-''
    Years
    Started new game on diamond choosen chimchar then caught shinx anf got an egg (now hatched0 in my team

My curent team stand like this

Chimchar (Flare) - ♂ - Adament - LV: 13
    Shinx (Strike) - ♂ - Naughty - LV:13
    Riolu (Cloud) -♂ - Timid - LV:2

TrainerMatt

Ore wa kanari tsuyo!
    Years
    Just got the Coal Badge.

Turtwig entered as Level 11, left as Level 14, nearly level 15. Haha!

Name: Sasuke
    Badges: 1
    Play Time: 3:31
    Team: Turtwig (F) Level 14, Shinx (F) Level 11, Starly (F) Level 11 and Geodude (M) Level 10

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Ponyta, Azurill and Meditite.

Those are the Pokemon Hayley wanted me to bring to the ranch. Ponyta and Meditite were easy, but i realised that Azurill has a 1% appearance rate in the Great Marsh.
    I looked for it in the area it was supposed to be in and i couldn't find, so i went to the Skorupi area cause i wanted one. =D
    I ran into an Azurill and caught it with one Safari Ball. I was pretty happy...

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
    Pokemon Pearl Journal

Snowpoint City Gym Battle, Part 1

August 18, 2008

So, once again, I am long overdue for another gym badge. I've changed up my team a bit for the upcoming challenge. I had Haley send me my Machoke and Graveler because they both have yet to evolve and can use the experience. Also, Machoke's strong fighting-type moves will be super-effective against ice-type pokemon. But how many different pokemon will there be? I've only seen two ice-types in Sinnoh, Snover and Sneasel, but I've heard Sneasel can evolve in Sinnoh. Snover is part grass-type, so Pelipper and its Wing Attack would also help. Maybe they'll be some water-types that can use ice moves, so I took Cherrim for that scenario. Meditite can use Force Palm and paralyze opponents, and also can use a devastating but risky High-Jump Kick in a pinch. And my last spot, of course, is for my shiny Barboach with its Surf and Earthquake.

I gave all the pokemon a little warm-up training in the icy areas around Snowpoint City. As we were out there, we noticed Team Galactic near the entrance to Lake Acuity. Just as Prof Rowan thought, they're definitely up to something here. They're probably after the legendary pokemon like that Galactic Commander said. Nothing I could do for now, so I headed back to the Pokemon Center to rest up my pokemon.

Later that afternoon, I went into the Snowpoint Gym. There was a little ice-sliding puzzle to deal with to clear a path to the gym leader. (Old Wattson back in Hoenn would be proud of this set up!) There were plenty of trainers to give my team a taste of what I might be up against. As I suspected, in addition to a handful of Sneasel and Snover, most of these trainers had water-type pokemon such as Flotzel that can learn ice-type moves as well. And, ironically, one trainer had a Steelix. (THAT was completely unexpected.) Finally, after figuring out the gym's puzzle, I made it to Candice, the Snowpoint City Gym leader.

SNOWPOINT GYM CHALLENGE: vs. CANDICE!

It was a 4 on 4 battle, no time limit, substitutions allowed. Up to 1 Full Restore or lesser recovery item may be used by each side during the battle. Hold items allowed.
    I decided to start out strong. "Machoke, maximize!" Candice sent out Snover. Ok, so far, this is predictable. "Machoke, get ready!"

Hail started to fill the battlefield due to Snover's Snow Warning ability. Snover started out using Leer to lower Machoke's defense. Not a problem. "Vital Throw!" Machoke closed in on Snover and threw it hard to the ground. It was unable to withstand the force of the fighting-type move. Snover was unable to battle!

"Good job, Machoke!" I figured it would be best to save such a tough combatant for later in the match. I called Machoke back. "Return, take a rest."

Candice then decided she needed to put the pressure on, so she sent out her strongest pokemon: Abomasnow! Ok, that's cool. Apparently, Snover has an evolved form. But now's not the time to admire it. It still looks like it's part grass-type, so...

"Go get 'em, Pelipper!" Being part water and part flying, Pelipper should resist both ice and grass moves well enough.

"Wing Attack, let's go!" Pelipper dived in and landed a hit, but the large pokemon seemed to shrug it off.

"Abomasnow, use Grasswhistle!" commanded Candice.

"Pelipper, quick, try to dodge!" But it was too late. Pelipper drifted off to sleep from the soothing tune. Not to mention, it was taking damage from the falling hail. Ok, I need to change tactics, or this is going to be a slaughter.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    AHH, I've been breeding for over 4 hours to get a Dratini with 31 attack AND speed IVs, but so far I'm lacking the attack. I have the 31 speed IVs, so I'm all good there, but it's so hard.. T^T
    P.S. OffRoadSP, nice journal =P

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years
    YEAH ^_^ ..........
    I FINALLY FINISHED EV TRAINING MY ELECTIVIRE (HES PICTURE IS IN MY SIG.) HES LEVEL 100 NOW AND I EV TRAINED HIM IN ATTACK, SPEED, AND A LITTLE IN SP ATTCK AND HP :D............
    AND I BOUGHT THIS GAME CARD THAT YOU CAN DOWNLOAD ROMS AND PLAY IT IN DS BUT WHERE CAN YOU DOWNLOAD IT IF SOMEONE CAN TELL ME COZ I WANT TO DOWNLOAD POKEMON PEARL/DIAMOND IN ITAND PLEASE THE FREE ONE :D... SO I CAN RESTART MY GAME ( COZ I DONT WANT TO DELETE MY REAL FILES) PLEASE IF ANYONE KNOW

TrainerMatt

Ore wa kanari tsuyo!
    Years
    If you have a legal rom downloading system, the packaging that came with it should give you a URL to download roms.

Also, if you're not already aware, writing in complete capitals is considered rude as it is an Internet Term for yelling. I'm not trying to act like a mod, I point it out to people as it annoys myself and most probably other people.

As for my journey, there is no work to be done today, so I'll be spending time evolving my Pokémon now. I would like to at least get them all to level 18 before I even think about challenging Gardenia.

~ TrainerMatt

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years
    If you have a legal rom downloading system, the packaging that came with it should give you a URL to download roms.

Also, if you're not already aware, writing in complete capitals is considered rude as it is an Internet Term for yelling. I'm not trying to act like a mod, I point it out to people as it annoys myself and most probably other people.

As for my journey, there is no work to be done today, so I'll be spending time evolving my Pokémon now. I would like to at least get them all to level 18 before I even think about challenging Gardenia.

~ TrainerMatt

OHHH :D....
    THANKKS BUT DO YOU THINK IT WILL BE FREE?
    ============================

SORRY FOR THE CAPS LETTER BUT IM NOT YELLING OR ANYTHING SO MY APOLOGIES ON THAT :D...........

Years
    Defeated all gym leaders. Caught Uxie and Azelf but didn't catch Mesprit as it fainted. Not too bothered about that. I am now training up Azelf, Uxie and Dialga to Level 59 to match my Infernape, Torterra and Empoleon. Then I will battle the Elite Four.

Back