• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

*FireEagle DeWitt Jr*

The Beginning Trainer
    Years
    To Shiroi Togekiss: I think your Metagross's speed is low or your Metagross isn't lucky.

Anyways, I'm battling Team Galactic in Jubilufe and after that, I'm going to travel to the forest.

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
    Got to right before my third badge yesterday and that's where I stopped.

Prinplup 26
    Staravia 23
    Eevee 20
    Buizel 21
    Togepi 15

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Traded over my Empoleon from Diamond to help me beat the E4 (I had no water types on my team). I beat the E4 (which was extremely difficult thanks to Cynthia and Lucian). And I'm now trying to catch Uxie and Rotom to complete my pokedex. Azelf was a pain to catch and it took me 40 Dusk balls. My current team as is follows:

Saiyan (Infernape) Lv 53
    Roshi (Alakazam) Lvl 49
    Kai (Empoleon) Lv 60
    Piccolo (Roserade) Lv 49
    Goku (Lucario) Lv 49
    Shenron (Giratina) Lv 51

I will start EV training as soon as I get my Nat Dex and finish exploring the Battle Park.
    edit: Uxie has been caught. Gotta wait 'til later for Rotom.

Last edited:

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    I finally decided to take on Candice and it couldn't have been a better battle. I took out her Pokemon rather quickly, including her Abomasnow with my Glaceon and her Sneasel with my Infernape. Her last Pokemon, Froslass, was a piece of cake thanks to a Charged, Rivalry'd Spark, which made an effective One-Hit KO. Thankfully, it didn't miss.

Anyway, I went to catch up with my rival, finding out that the Lake trio were at the HQ in Veilstone, so I skipped on over there to pay them a friendly visit. Well... they were very hostile, because I got attacked by one of their goons, while trying to find the key to the building! =O

Anyway, I progressed through the building, taking out each grunt I saw, as I progressed and finally reached the top floor, after seeing a 'riveting speech' made by none other than Mr. Cyrus. 'Course, he ruins it in the first half, but oh well...

Anyway, I get to his room, take out his Pokemon and smack around Saturn for a bit, as well, finally gaining the ability to free the Lake trio. But all was not well... for Team Galactic had moved their operations to Mount Coronet!

I decided to leave a spare slot in my team for my future acquisition of Giratina, because I wanted to take the opportunity to Save-Reset for a good natured one, so I spent some time figuring out which Pokemon I would be taking with me up the mountain to the Spear Pillar. In what seemed like half an hour of moving Pokemon around, I finally decided on the party I was going to use, shuffling some HM Moves around on my HM Slave, the shiny Bibarel I caught, back before the Hearthome Gym. ^^

The battles leading up the mountain were all easy, but the real challenge was Cyrus, who almost always KOed my Pokemon, during our battle in the Distortion World. I managed to press onward, however, taking out his Gyarados and Honchkrow with Glaceon, his Houndoom and Weavile with Infernape, and his Crobat with a nicely timed critical hit from Gardevoir with Psychic.

After that, I went and caught Giratina, S/Ring a few times to get a good natured one, so that I could later EV train it. Thankfully, it didn't take too long until I got one. After all that, I decided I hadn't torturd myself enough, and went for a Mesprit... XD But it took much longer than Giratina, but I did manage to finally capture a decent natured one.

I then went to go to all the places I had not been to, previously, such as the Rock Climbing sections of some places, the Fuego Ironworks and the Floaroma Town secret flower patch. I'm planning on Surfing along the route to the south of Sandgem Town soon and finally, the Surfable area to the east of Pastoria City, before I progress towards my final Gym Challenge in Sunyshore City.

Current Pokemon:

Infernape @ Level 44 - Sassy | Mach Punch|Flame Wheel|Close Combat|Taunt
    Luxray @ Level 43 - Docile | Thunder Fang|Crunch|Charge|Spark
    Glaceon @ Level 43 - Modest | Ice Beam|Icy Wind|Ice Shard|Sand-Attack
    Gardevoir @ Level 43 - Bold | Confusion|Psychic|Magical Leaf|Calm Mind
    Quagsire @ Level 43 - Relaxed | Surf|Yawn|Earthquake|Amnesia
    Altaria @ Level 43 - Careful | Dragon Dance|DragonBreath|Safeguard|Fly

Years
    I am currently in the unlocked part of victory road with Marley heading towords route 228. I'm just training like crazy now, not trying to get anything in particular.

Current Team:

Lvl. 59 Drapion
    Lvl. 49 Drifblim
    Lvl. 52 Aggron
    Lvl. 58 Magmortar
    Lvl. 37 Gyardos (HM slave1)
    Lvl. 42 Steelix (HM slave2)

I am going through Mt. Coronet in a mad attempt to stop Cyrus, recieving no help from Looker apart from him giving me a black flute. Some comrade. All my pokemon are now at least level 40, meaning I stand a better chance then I did on my diamond.

Current team
    Torterra lvl 42
    Gabite lvl 42
    Jolteon lvl 41
    Houndoom lvl 42
    Quagsire lvl 30 [HM slave]
    Machop lvl 10 (HM slave)

Just you wait.... Looker will come in very handy soon enough... tehe

Last edited:

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
    I've just been training some of my foreign Pokemon in Diamond. Some interestig things that happened were:

-I caught a Plusle and a Minun in the Trophy Garden, and decided to nickname them Ami and Yumi. Hooray for the electric J-pop duo...!

-I caught a Vulpix! It seems that almost every Vulpix I ever caught in any of my games was male... including this one; I named him Shin for lack of a much better name. (I already have a Ninetales in Emerald nicknamed Naruto.) However, he didn't know any fire attacks (Will-O-Wisp doesn't count because it doesn't do damage), so I put him in the daycare, where he still is now...

-I caught a couple of Smeargles, both of which still know Sketch.

-After a long while of keeping my level 51 "Pickup slaves" in my party, I finally found a Dawn Stone thanks to my Pachirisu! She picked up a second one later on... but I used one of them to evolve my Snorunt.

-A few of my Pokemon evolved, such as my Kirlia, Dratini, and Magby. So far the most difficult of my Pokemon to train is Natu. My Yanma was tough to train for a while, until she learned Uproar. My Growlithe's getting hard to train too, especially since his calm nature lowers his Attack...

mystery913

some guy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2009
    well i caught uxie just a while ago and im trying to catch mesprit (why does it have to mock me by running T_T) and im trying to figure which of my party to deposit so i can have waterfall without giving it to my in-game team
    Current team:
    Torterra Lvl 51
    Gallade Lvl 51
    Houndoom Lvl 51
    Yanmega Lvl 51
    Garchomp Lvl 51
    i know they are all over leveled lol

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    Battle Frontier - Chopped-off Streaks!
    (Warning: I may get violent in words. Please don't blame me.)

------

DARN YOU STARAPTOR, YOU DO NOT CHOP OFF SOMEONE'S STREAK WHEN IT IS ONE WIN AWAY FROM THE BRAIN!!!

So Hono and I got 49 streaks in the Battle Hall, which was ONE win away from the Hall Matron Argenta, and I was like "Oh please, I hope it's nothing that can kill my Inferna-" and then POOF there goes a Staraptor. Oh, joy.

------

HOW DID I KNOW THAT WE CAN ACTUALLY SKIP BATTLES?!

So Hono, Ray and Glaci, my Battle Frontier trio, were battling at the Battle Castle, when I got through 20 streaks, killed Darach's darned Pokemon, then we tried getting to 49 streaks and get the gold print, when I saw a new option. I got 50 points and tried that option, and it was actually a SKIP option! Then the NEXT one was actually the one who killed my team! ARGH, STUPID JAPANESE!!!

------

Well, that's that, and I'm going to get back ALLLLLL those stupid streaks and get all the prints! Watch out, Brains, HERE COMES HANA!!!!!

Oh, by the way, I saw Diamond Dust on 31st March. Maybe it's April Fools? Nah, I don't think so... But it kinda makes sense...

Hana, off.
    6th April, 2009

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    i yesterday restarted pearl, for the first time after 2 years (lost some useful pokemon (especially the loss of my my lv.100 pickup slave linoone hurts, it was so damn more useful than all those tons of ev-trained pokemon with good nature etc =D) and my shiny graveler, but whatever. saved after i beat mars.

current team:

monferno lv. 14 or 15 (scratch, leer, ember, mach punch) <-- was too lazy to train it before roark, trained budew instead. evolved after fighting the last grunt in valley windworks and pwnd purugly with mach punch

bidoof lv. 11 (tackle, growl, hp rock, defense curl) <-- modest one with unaware, that means CHARGE BEAM =) (sadly, i forgot where to get tm charge beam =/ )

budew lv. 16 (absorb, growth, mega drain, stun spore) <-- pwnd roark, but i dunno how to evolve this

geodude lv. (tackle, def. curl, rock throw, rock polish) <-- i didnt have a geodude in my team for ages, so i caught one this time

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    On Pearl, I've been grinding levels like crazy, aiming for 55 across the board to make that last gym battle in Sunnyshore nice and easy. I'm also been collecting pokédex entries, and have seen or owned about 140 of the total in Sinnoh, help along by using my Diamond to see Uxie, Mespirit and Azelf so I can soft reset for shiny ones after the E4. But, before I train any more, I am going to SR for a Quirky Shaymin (horrible nature, I know, but I already have a Bold, Timid and Modest on Diamond, and Quirky is my favourite nature).

Current Team:-

Peridot, Palkia, Level 52, Surf/Spacial Rend/Earthquake/Ancient Power
    Trevor, Torterra, Level 51, Megadrain/Earthquake/Bite/Cut
    Fate, Zangoose, Level 53, Flamethrower/Thunderbolt/Thief/Strength
    Falcon, Staraptor, Level 52, Fly/Aerial Ace/Defog/Close Combat
    Gabriel, Garchomp, Level 51, Dig/Dragon Claw/Rock Smash/Rock Climb
    Rorschach, Lucario, Level 50, Flash Cannon/Shadow Claw/Psychic/Aura Sphere

Until next time, celuthea

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
    On Diamond I started my Lotad solorun(Idee from spiritofsteel that made a lotad run on emerald)

On pearl I keep breeding for a good natured buneary with the 3 element punches

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
    [platinum]Haven't updated in a while.

I've gotten my third badge, and just got into Veilstone City. Caught my Roselia, which will eventually end up on my permanent team. Eevee and Bronzor are at the Day Care.

Current Team:

Prinplup level 33
    Roselia level 22
    Buizel level 23
    Staravia level 28

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    I am currently doing a re-do of everything.

Diamond: Got my starter Chimchar, and played for about a hour catching pokemon. I am heading for Jubilife City.

Pearl and Platinum: Going to start after posting.

TFN

Blastiose fan XD
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    I restarted Platinum and I'm currently lvling up My team to get to veilstone

Team
    Prinplup lvl 30 Male
    Gible lvl 23 Male
    Eevee Lvl 23 Male (not sure what to Evolve it into)
    Rotom lvl 20

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    Okay since last I have been training different pokemon to mix it up at the battle tower. I trained a Gengar with shadow ball, focus blast, thunderbolt and hypnosis and slapped a wide lens on him and he's pretty nice. I also have a sub punch raichu who is adamant. and you know he has volt tackle and substitute with a grass knot should I say more? I still have my heracross left to train. I have to teach it megahorn and stone edge. I was going to slap a wide lens on him as well but I'm not sure. I caught the regi trio finally. I'm still trying to get the lv. 1 regigigas but that guy won't get captured! lol can you believe I threw pokeballs at this guy while he was paralyzed until he killed himself by using struggle? I know insane right? I even used ultra balls. (Another reason why I think they suck) I think I'm going to try dusk balls next time. I still have to go get giratina's orb. I have to make a trip back to the distorted world. My weavile is almost about to join the lv 100 club. (For all those who don't know I train to lv. 100, rare candy is for chumps lol) after him, probably will be glay-kun (my glaceon for those who don't know) my gf and I are still trying to beat the multi challenge at the BT but we loose in round 3. but that was before I had raichu, heracross, and gengar. I will find a good combination out of my pokemon to attack the BT. She's training a misdreavus who she dubbed miss dree. She's about to evolve it into a mismagius and i'm a bit jealous cause I don't have either of them :( Anyway I also trained a Houndoom. (Can't remember if I mentioned that from last time) she has a great moveset.....well at least until I get nasty plot for her. She will be used at the BT as well. Other than that, I've been trading pokemon from diamond to platinum along with items, tms, berries, etc. I even started training some baby pokemon! Platinum is so fun! Until next time!

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Traded over my Empoleon from Diamond to help me beat the E4 (I had no water types on my team). I beat the E4 (which was extremely difficult thanks to Cynthia and Lucian). And I'm now trying to catch Uxie and Rotom to complete my pokedex. Azelf was a pain to catch and it took me 40 Dusk balls. My current team as is follows:

Saiyan (Infernape) Lv 53
    Roshi (Alakazam) Lvl 49
    Kai (Empoleon) Lv 60
    Piccolo (Roserade) Lv 49
    Goku (Lucario) Lv 49
    Shenron (Giratina) Lv 51

I will start EV training as soon as I get my Nat Dex and finish exploring the Battle Park.
    edit: Uxie has been caught. Gotta wait 'til later for Rotom.

Update:

So now I'm somewhere in the Survival Area, but I'm not in any rush as I promised myself I wouldn't EV train until I got my DSi, which will be this weekend. After seeing how much of a boost Pokemon get when they're traded between games, I have come up with a plan: I will transfer all my Plat's to my Diam and vice versa to make their leveling so much easier. But until then, my levels are as follows:

Saiyan (Infernape) Lv 55
    Roshi (Alakazam) Lvl 53
    Kai (Empoleon) Lv 61
    Piccolo (Roserade) Lv 53
    Goku (Lucario) Lv 53
    Shenron (Giratina) Lv 53

mystery913

some guy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2009
    well i caught uxie just a while ago and im trying to catch mesprit (why does it have to mock me by running T_T) and im trying to figure which of my party to deposit so i can have waterfall without giving it to my in-game team
    Current team:
    Torterra Lvl 51
    Gallade Lvl 51
    Houndoom Lvl 51
    Yanmega Lvl 51
    Garchomp Lvl 51
    i know they are all over leveled lol

Update:
    i finally caught mesprit but only after i traded my gengar from my diamond and used a heart scale to give it mean look again. im at the pokemon leauge but im not going to battle them until i get my lopunny and new gengar (decided to drop yanmega. its good moves take to long to get) im breeding now and its taking forever to get a good natured gastly

Back