• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
  • beginning to run out of stuff to do (I refuse to do contests) So I am doing E4 rus leveling up my pokemon planning on making a team for each type save dragon (too uber for me) and beating the e4 with each type based team

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    For the 6th day in a row, nothing obtained in the Lottery (I have all the last digits for ID, so I'm presuming theres a limit to how many things you can win with that alone)

Finally got around to linking Ranger to Diamond, hatched egg getting my second manaphy, put the first one I had in the day care finally and obtained Phione.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    in canalave city, just returned from iron islands.(heading back out there to get riolu egg)and now i'm taking 6th gym challenge.team is as follows:lv 35 gabite, lv 37 torterra, lv 36 leafeon, lv 38 luxray, lv 37 staraptor and lv ? bibarel(slave). need some tips for an ice type to beat giratina.plz qute withsome catchable evolvable ice types.thanx!

Years
  • I had to restart my game a while back, which cost me a lot majorly because I was at the E4. I started over with a Chimchar but as I went along I caught two canivines, traded one for a turtwig and traded a Kadabra for a Piplup, which has a nickname I can't change. Finally I traded a Kadabra for a Riolu, my second one. So far I'm doing better in this time around with the pokemon I have now. Wow, I just love this game more now.

Zenius

GET SMASHED GATE CRASH
    Years
  • Playing Platinum for the first time right now. My starter is Piplup, and Fantina can go die in a fire. That damn Mismagius of hers manages to one-shot everything I have! (I probably need more training, as the strongest Pokemon I have is a Staravia at level 24.) I have Diamond (which I had to restart because I got stuck on the Elite Four), but as far as I'm concerned, it's lost. However, I remember having a traded Roserade at level 100.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    Decided to make some adjustments in my team.

Something struck my head and I suddenly wanted a Zangoose instead of Lucario and a Leafeon instead of Crobat.

Now I have to breed those two for the preferable natures and EV-train Zangoose and Leafeon, which I never raised before <3

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    I've been trying to breed and train a team designed for the Battle Tower so that I can get the items I need to train my actual WiFi team. So far I've managed to hatch a good Trapinch and train it in Speed (don't have the Attack power item yet and I'm waiting until I hatch and fully train my Starmie to go back to the Battle Tower to get it), and I'm currently in the process of hatching tons of Eevee eggs to get one with good IVs in HP, Defense and Special Defense so I can make my dual wall Umbreon. I've gotten a few decent ones; in fact, the last one I hatched had a perfect Special Defense IV! However, it's Defense and HP were really bad, so I stuffed it in the PC.

Kai Yamato

Lone Soldier
    Years
  • On my Platinum, long story short.

Went from Pastoria to Canalave. Evolved my Pikachu knowing its stats aren't any better after it got taken down by the rival's Staraptor's Take Down. =_= But yeah, went through Iron Island and sweeped through the entire steel gym with Infernape. Didn't wasted much PP and Byron never stood a chance. :)

Humph...

Ice-Dragon DESTROYER
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I have a story, about my Rapidash...

Once, when i was a begginner at making breeding experiments (it was my third or fourth...and now i have my pc full of lv.1 pokemon(good thing i now have herath gold!)...)
    Well, I was just wondering what would happen if i left my male Infernape with a female ponyta(i was expecting a chimchar, i still ignored the fact that offspring will always be the mother's species) and i did it. I had 5 eggs in my party and my Infernape. I was riding in the cycling road up and down, up and down, up and down... And then a "What?"
    appeared. I looked expecting to see a chimchar with a rare move, iwas thinking "OMG! i will get my chimchar!"(i was excited) and then, i saw the silhouette of a ponyta. My thoughts changed to "NOOOO!!!!! A PONYTAAA!!!!" but when I saw the blue flames it had
    i was amazed (it was the second shiny pokemon i had...and the first was taken away from me...). I began training it and it is now very strong, the Rapidash that once i hated is now one of my favorite pokemon.

shamin32

The Wanna be Champion
    Years
  • I get my first pokemon, chimchar train it up and evolve it so it learns mach punch catch shinx and starly and now its time to beat roark my shinx and starly are useless so its monferno takes down all of his POKEMON yay for ME!! :)

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
  • I posted here a while ago with my freshly restarted (almost typed retarded) diamond game. However, I let my cousin restart it again, so I restarted my brother's unused Platinum.

Team:
    Level 52 Ursaring (Snargles)
    Level 57 Torterra
    Level 37 Golem
    Level 23 Shiny Metang

Right now I have 6 badges. My current objective is to go check up on Douche (Barry) at Lake Acuity by Snowpoint City (and also get my 7th badge while i'm there.) ;D

Crysta Blade

Shooty Refutey
    Years
  • Finally getting back to Pearl in about three months.

Anyway, finished EV'ing up my Modest Misdreavus, who is now level 40-something. Before my fourth Badge. =P

Speaking of Badges, took Wake to the cleaners courtesy of a Luxray and a Cherrim. The battle went something like this:

Luxray gets a critical Spark on Gyarados. One down, two to go.

Cherrim comes out for Quagsire, I muck around with Sunny Day, Growth and Leech Seed before finishing with Magical Leaf.

Floatzel one-shots Cherrim with Ice Fang. Bad call, but I win with one more Spark from Luxray.

institutions

Years
  • Ursaring got us through Route 216 and 217, but it was pretty tough with all the hail buffeting him.
    As we reached Acuity Lakefront he had grown to level 60.
    Douche was waiting for us there, but told us we'd need to beat the Snowpoint Gym Leader to climb the rock wall.
    We headed over to Snowpoint after grinding Metang up to a level 45 Metagross so his attack would finally top his defense.
    First we hit the Pokecenter so I could take Golem out of my party. He just can't get the job done most of the time.
    The gym's puzzle was frustrating at first but then we got it down.
    Metagross defeated all of the trainers and took out all of Candice's pokemon but Bullet Punch, earning us the Icicle Badge.

Team:
    Level 60 Ursaring (Snargles)
    Level 57 Torterra
    Level 51 Shiny Metagross

Going to grind Metagross a little more to get him up with the other two before I head out to Lake Acuity.

Well, I guess since no one else has posted since my last one I have to edit this one with the new stuff.
    Went to Lake Acuity for no reason apparently then flew back to Veilstone.
    We healed up and headed up to the Galactic Building, but Looker stopped us and told us to go to the warehouse.
    Looker met us in the warehouse and unlocked the door for us. He told us to lay low, as he ran full force into the Galactic headquarters. Idiot.
    Long story short, we destroyed everyone there.
    After a long dungeon crawl we fought Cyrus. Metagross kicked all of his pokemon's asses, because I was still training him.
    We also fought Commander Saturn (I think?) and then freed Azelf, Mesprit, and Uxie, three very unneeded legendaries.
    Cyrus said he was going to Mt. Coronet so we followed him.
    After like an hour of more boring dungeon crawling, we met him at the top.
    Douche and I disposed of Commander Mars and Commander Jupiter easily.
    After Dialga and Palkia were summoned, Giratina opened a portal from the Distortion World.
    Cyrus went into the Distortion World, then Cynthia showed up and we went in too.
    As we traversed the Distortion World I was thinking "Whoa, this place is awesome."
    Then I got to the strength rock puzzle thing and went "Nevermind."
    Eventually we found Cyrus again and I kicked his ass for a third (and hopefully final) time.
    I caught Giratina and we got the hell out of there.

We flew back to Sandgem to visit Professor Rowan and Dawn.
    Rowan told us to go to Sunnyshore City for our last badge, so that's what we did.
    We also killed all the trainers along the way. Woohoo.
    At Sunnyshore City, I bought tons of seals and put some on Metagross' and Ursarings' Ball Capsules.
    Leader Volkner was being lame at the top of the lighthouse, so we made him go back to the gym.
    After defeating all of the trainers in the gym, we fought Volkner.
    Ursaring killed all of his pokemon using Close Combat and Thrash, earning us the final badge.

Outside on the shore, Jasmine gave us HM07 Waterfall for some reason that I don't understand.
    We surfed north, destroying trainers along the way and finally reached Victory Road.
    We healed up, and I saved and quit for the night.

Team:
    Level 68 Ursaring (Snargles)
    Level 60 Torterra
    Level 65 Shiny Metagross

Next update will most likely be going through Victory Road, defeating the Elite Four and Champion, and getting the National Dex.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    I beat the Elite Four today on Platinum (again), which was a fair old slog given the levels of my team (level 54 was my highest before starting, with 48 the lowest). I struggled against Lucian, but eventually came out as a 1-0 winner. Upon starting the battle against Cynthia, I tried to formulate a tactic to beat her. Her Togekiss turned out to be a real trouble, hitting 2HKOs on pretty much my whole team, so I'd only get one attack in before I'm beat. However, this was all done when switching out my own Togekiss upon beating her Spiritomb. One time, however, I decided to continue with using Togekiss, and prepared by buffing its Special Attack twice with a couple of Nasty Plots. Then, somehow, I managed to 6-0 her. o.o; My Togekiss took such a punishment, and its health must've gone into the red at least two dozen times. In the end, it survived with 12 HP, and a Poison status acquired just before dealing the final blow. xD;

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
  • Caught a Bronzor in Mount Coronet, also evolved my Prinplup into Empoleon, Luxio into Luxray, Staravia into Staraptor and Budew into Roselia. Currently hunting for a Shiny Stone to evolve Roselia.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2017
    Playing PPCE patch on Platinum (So with 493 catchable Pogeymanz)

Current Pokemon:
    Geodude lv. 13
    Turtwig lv. 17
    Taillow lv. 13
    Lairon (caught as a Lairon) lv. 15

Bit the Pachirisu right before Floaroma Town (or something). Geodude and Taillow grew to lv. 14.
    Yay entered Floaroma Town!
    Girly lost her daddy :(
    Getting into the Valley Windworks. Have to beat that Glameow. Yaay, won! Geodude turned lv. 15 and learned Magnitude

institutions

Years
  • Forgot to update.
    Went through Victory Road, blah blah blah.
    Beat Elite 4.
    Don't remember what levels my pokemon were after it. 70s or so.
    Beat em with Metagross, Ursaring, Torterra, and Feraligatr.

Spent an hour finding the rest of the pokemon I needed to see for the National Dex (damn you Hippopotas.)
    Caught the rest of the legendaries minus Heatran and Regigigas.
    Quickly ran through the island, idk what it's called, with the Survival Area, Fight Area, etc.
    Caught Heatran.
    Transferred the Regi Trio from HG and caught Regigigas.

Finished. :P There's nothing to do post-game on here, especially when i'm already post-game exploring and training on HG.
    I transferred all of my important pokes and legends over from Platinum to HG and gave it back to my brother to restart again. Sadly I forgot to send over a Razor Claw, so no Weavile for me D:

Back