• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Remakes Speculation and Discussion

Years
  • First off don't be mean. second, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are scheduled to come out this November, Not 5 years from now. 3rd, it's just a question so don't ruin it for people who actually want to talk about future games, or stuff they like by being a snob about it. I was just curious what the community thought. So if you don't want to talk about it get of this thread. And take your snobby comments somewhere else. please and thanks.

gah so defensive. First off, I am not being mean to you. I am not being cynical towards you but the idea of talking about games that are not even close to be real. If I wanted to be rude or mean, you'd know it, trust me ;) Secondly, 5 years are referred to D/P/Pt Platinum, not ORAS. Thirdly, I had to comment cos I already saw this thread on this forum and wanted to comment. I am not trying to be mean to you, so if you dont like my comment just ignore it.
    Pce

MarkTheWinner

Blackwingking
    Years
  • gah so defensive. First off, I am not being mean to you. I am not being cynical towards you but the idea of talking about games that are not even close to be real. If I wanted to be rude or mean, you'd know it, trust me ;) Secondly, 5 years are referred to D/P/Pt Platinum, not ORAS. Thirdly, I had to comment cos I already saw this thread on this forum and wanted to comment. I am not trying to be mean to you, so if you dont like my comment just ignore it.
    Pce

Talking about games that may be 5 years into the future or even 20 years in the future is not a dead conversation. Just cause you don't like it doesn't mean other people don't like talking about possibilities. I'm sorry if I come off defensive but you were being snobby about it. my post was obviously not about weather or not you thought it is realistic or even a good conversation. My post is about should there be a possibility of a D/P/Pt remake, and if so what differences would you make about it seeing as though it was a NDS game already. also it more then likely wont be 5 years, x and y came out last year and yet they are already coming out with ORAS games this November. and so to end this conversation between me and you you are right i did know you were being mean. cause you had a snobby, rude attitude. now if you are done with that id like to kindly get back to my original post. thanks

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • It'll never come out on the 3DS because the 3DS can run DS carts, therefore you can play the originals on the 3DS. Even then, good luck finding a boxed DPPt cart these days. :(

I personally wanted the remakes to stop with HGSS, but since GF doesn't care about returning to obsolete regions like Hoenn, why not Sinnoh? (which is slightly less obsolete)

MarkTheWinner

Blackwingking
    Years
  • Ya know I was really hoping they would have added the final fusion of Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem in Pokemon X and Y. i know it wasnt fitting but personally they should have put white kyurem and black kyurem in the original Pokemon B/W and then the combined 3 in B2/W2. But hopefully they will make a game for that. As for D/P/Pt im kinda would like a form change for Dialga and Palkia, or at least Mega-Arceus(all rumors aside). Much like how Giratina changes form when holding his respective orb it would be nice to see something like that for Dialga and Palkia. I don't know. There is so much potential in making a remake of D/P/Pt its outrageous. Just a 3ds version of the game would be splendid. Personally I like the idea of remakes cause they add all the new stuff to it such as mega-evolution, and create new forms, new and updated ways to communicate. And the idea of better graphics when Giratina comes out of the Distortion World blows my mind.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • What would the names be?

Game name for me would be: Temporal Diamond, Infinity Pearl, Chaos Platinum.

I take your Infinity Pearl, but I reject your Temporal Diamond, they don't really go together IMHO.
    I'd say: Eternity Diamond & Infinity Pearl

What Gameplay Would You Change? I don't care as long as the game isn't as agonizingly SLOW as the originals.
    Mega-Evolution? (Yes, Or No), Mega-Pokemon Choices? I don't care, I don't have any strong feelings for Mega-evolutions. We'll see in Gen 7 if they will become a permanent game mechanic.

Integrate 5th-6th Gen? If by that you mean Gen 5-6 Pokémon, then yes, but only in the post-game.

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
    Years
  • I would think Sinnoh remakes would be a possibility at least two generations from now, taking into account the hint of a new region.

I'd think the game names would be something NOT related to time, space and antimatter and I would think it'd follow the naming convention as ORAS. Plus I just realized that they could possibly use the Adamant, Lustrous and Griseous Orbs if they use the Red and Blue Orbs in ORAS. Who knows?

Monophobia

Already Dead
    Years
  • I think it's more likely that they make sequels to D/P/Pt than re-makes since they're still playable on the 3DS. I suppose if the next generation of handheld comes out from Nintendo, but even then, you can probably guarantee backwards compatibility.

As long as you can still play them with the most recent device, then I'll continue to expect sequels. It was never explained where Cyrus went and if Team Galactic shut down or not. They still have their HQ in Veilstone for cryin' out loud!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Perhaps they could do both, make remakes and then release sequels? It's a little too late for them to create sequels now, since many people have forgotten most occurrences in DPPt by now, but if they introduce remakes, they'd be instantly reminded of them again, and that, if you ask me, would be the perfect time. =) I don't think they'll be making them for 3DS, but the games should definitely be available for whatever handheld Nintendo has in line next, though, I'm sure.

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
    Years
  • *Secret Hopes Being Revealed*
    I've always wanted an official canon home console Pokémon game. If they remake diamondpearl, I would want to see that there. Never gonna happen, though. :C
    Would be really cool to see... sun diamond and moon pearl (just a guess) on a big screen (or any other game for that matter)

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    No Diamond/Pearl re-make until the next generation handheld Nintendo console. The 4DS or something.

A 3DS that travels through time? That, I'd buy!

But in respect to the OP, I don't think there will be one for a long time. Just like I don't think there will be a new handheld for a long time. Granted, the original DS got a lot of fancy upgrading since it's original incarnation nearly 10 years ago. I don't think there will be a new DS incarnation for another decade or so - of course, there will be improvements on the current design.

Not only that, it took 12 years for Sapphire and Ruby to get remade, can we really expect a remake of Diamond and Pearl for 3DS/2DS until 2017?

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2014
    I think that instead of remakes we should get sequels, we never did find out what happened to Cyrus after Platinum.

Knowing Nintendo, they probably will, but I'm just not sure when or on which console; probably not anytime soon(maybe after another gen or two, that seems to be their pattern). Personally, I would LOVE to see us get Gen 4 remakes, mainly because I'm super biased (because that was the gen I started with). But I'm not gonna badger Nintendo, demanding them to make gen 4 remakes. I'll be happy when we get them, but till then, I have PLENTY of Pokemon games to keep me occupied until then.

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
    Years
  • I'd say we don't really need remakes right now. R/B/Y, G/S and R/S were outdated, with R/B/Y and G/S being incompatible with Gen 3 due to the changing of Pokémon data and how EVs and IVs work. Gen 3, I imagine, was remade because of poor graphics, lodsemone and the fact that 3 gens have passed since then, so it's been roughly a decade and a bit since the originals have come out, meaning younger kids won't have had a chance to play the games and transferring Pokémon is a hassle and blah blah. I imagine we'll get a remake in Gen VIII, maybe Gen VII (assuming of course that Pokémon lives to that point).

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I think that instead of remakes we should get sequels, we never did find out what happened to Cyrus after Platinum.

This would be a pretty interesting route to go about, I believe! I'm sure many of us fans have wondered that at least once, including myself, and finally seeing some form of answer would indeed be satisfactory. Perhaps they could have these sequels take place about five to ten years after initial Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum events? In general, this could open up some special doors as far as SInnoh goes.

Before creating these remakes, though, I feel it'd be best if they were to put through remakes first and foremost. There are many newer Pokémon followers who aren't quite familiar with these games, and if they were to re-introduce these games in their generation specifically, I believe it would do the trick.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Since BW treats Platinum as canon (HgSs treated RS as canon as Steven was the champion who appeared) by mentioning the distortion world and Giratina I wonder if they may remake Platinum and not the other two. If they may DP remakes I guess they could have Cyrus attempt to obtain the third legendary (Giratina) to not contradict the games too much. Or maybe Giratina and the other legend could appear but only the mascot attacks...
    or maybe they could make a Platinum trademark remake's first world Episode like they did with Episode Delta in OrAs. They could have Giratina go against Arceus.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    They don't tend to remake third-installment of game releases, but rather include their feature, so I could imagine the same happening with Platinum. As for creating an episode of sorts similarly to Delta, I believe that would be pretty fun to view!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I know ORAS haven't even released over here yet, but I would love Sinnoh Remakes! Playing through Platinum to pass the time has just reminded me how awesome DPPT are and how much I enjoyed travelling through Sinnoh. (:

Monophobia

Already Dead
    Years
  • Interesting. Instead of Adamant Diamond and Lustrous Pearl, just going straight into Griseous Platinum? I'd buy it. Platinum is probably my favorite Pokémon game to date, and since I don't think we should be looking forward to a Pokémon Z, I'd say with Generation VII and the New Nintendo 3DS, it could be the perfect time to re-make the Sinnoh region in all its glory (provided they don't butcher it).

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • It doesn't needs a remake now I guess cause original sinnoh games are still not so old or outdated.

Back