• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Remakes Speculation and Discussion

TheSyren

Veteran Breeder
Years
  • i would rather see 1st Gen remakes. i didnt really like diamond and pearl. it came out when i was in highschool and back then i was a gen 3 purist. i still kind of am, so if they do pearl/diamond remakes, i will buy them just to stay current, but i wont be super excited.

as for names, what could you do with it? you could use time and spaced based words like infinity and eternal, but that was sort of thrown out the window when they used alpha and omega for ruby and sapphire. when heart gold and soul silver came out, there were huge speculation that Burning Ruby and Aqua Sapphire would be coming out, they even had "screenshots" of Groudon and Kyogre on the bottom screen, moving like ho-oh and lugia. with each remake, they are trying to transcend to a higher level. Fire and Leaf was pretty basic. Heart and Soul are more complex. Alpha and Omega means the beginning and the end. so if they did remakes, you would have to go higher than a beginning and an end, so Infinite and Universal would probably be next. Infinite means never ending, and Universal means it spans across everything without end. with those two, you surpass the boundaries of Alpha and Omega, and go into something endless. so i think Infinite Diamond and Universal Pearl would be what i would call them.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I like the sound of EternalDiamond and InfinityPearl (as in "To Infinity and beyond" to fit with space rather than time) or maybe Eternal Diamond and UniversalPearl with Infinity being the episode featuring Giratina considering infinity can be interpreted to fit both space and time. or maybe Beyond for the Epidose (Beyond Platinum sounds awesome).

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    interestingly enough recently i thought nah doesn't need it. By chance I unearthed my old diamond cartridge ( i thought i sold all of my older ds games) and I cant believe how dated it actually looks. sort of a inbetween retro and modern and thats quite terrible. the semi 3d perspective with the old fashioned style battle screen only better to rse by a more saturated background. Also everything but the battle is still occuoying the top screen. It clearly visible that it was a inbetweener literally. Thats why I think it could use a revisit (maybe sequel or revisit)

Years
  • Why does everyone want to see Kanto remakes? Kanto has been done numerous times. FRLG, and even in HGSS. It doesn't need to be done again for awhile. I'm not against it, since I grew up with Kanto playing the original RBY games, but I think Sinnoh should be done before another Kanto remake.

I think a Sinnoh remake coming soon is very possible. I actually think its closer than we think. There may be another Kalos game before it, but I think after that we will get a Sinnoh remake, based off the release pattern in the past.

But yeah, Kanto doesn't need to be done again. Sinnoh does.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Why does everyone want to see Kanto remakes? Kanto has been done numerous times. FRLG, and even in HGSS. It doesn't need to be done again for awhile. I'm not against it, since I grew up with Kanto playing the original RBY games, but I think Sinnoh should be done before another Kanto remake.

I think a Sinnoh remake coming soon is very possible. I actually think its closer than we think. There may be another Kalos game before it, but I think after that we will get a Sinnoh remake, based off the release pattern in the past.

But yeah, Kanto doesn't need to be done again. Sinnoh does.

Omg, finally some1 else says that too !!

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • I don't think these remakes will happen anytime soon (at least, not until they remake Gen 1 again, as it's the last Gen unavailable on the 3DS), but to help get a conversation going...

How much of Platinum do you want to see acknowledged in theoretical DP remakes? FRLG and ORAS mostly ignored their respective Third Versions, while HGSS actually integrated it into the paired games' storyline, so it's a toss-up on what they do with DP remakes.

I'd like to see the Platinum Dex and enemy rosters in the game. Also, the colder weather.

The story could be from DP and add Giratina later.

Ignoring the third versions isn't a problem. HGSS could only get away with integrating Crystal's story into GS because GS lacked a mythical story.

I wasn't too bothered with 4th gen's slow speed, but that's because I've played Platinum on Desmume with 2x speed. :P

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    i dont think DPP/BW is going to be remade soon. to start, the game is still not very smooth on emulator. i can run it on my phone, but it takes up most of the processor, and is clunky most of the time. IMO: Gamefreak will remake the games when the emulation power is high enough to compete with the actual system.

Years
  • i dont think DPP/BW is going to be remade soon. to start, the game is still not very smooth on emulator. i can run it on my phone, but it takes up most of the processor, and is clunky most of the time. IMO: Gamefreak will remake the games when the emulation power is high enough to compete with the actual system.

Why would GF care about the emulator's smoothness?

I think we may see DPP remakes in Four-Five years time. I know GF said they have no patterns but it's hard to believe when one considers how well Gen I- III's remakes fit with FrLg being 2004, HgSs 2009 (Jp), OrAs 2014 aka 5 years apart. Then there's the other pattern of the games being remade 6+2x years after their originals RG were 1996 1996+(6+2(1))= 2004, 1999+(6+2(2))= 2009, 2002+(6+2(3))= 2014. Now DP won't fit one of those as the five years pattern would mean 2019 but the 6+2x would be 2006+6+2(4) which would be 2020. Now of interest is the fact that RG, GS, and RS were each released three years apart from each other themselves, but DP wasn't (being release 4 after RS and 4 before BW (XY interestingly resumes the release 3 years after the first pair of the previous Gen the others had)) so adding an extra year to DP remakes to mimic the spread between the Gen releases would allow the 2020 date to be the winner. So 2020 for DP remakes sounds good. Also the emulator's speed will likely catch up by then...

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Yeah, I personally can't imagine them focusing on the emulator functionality when it comes to their games, either. Usually, this relates to piracy, which is something they're seemingly going out of their way to avoid. If we remember how things had went on with Black 2 and White 2, they've implemented some form of coding into those games to prevent them from being played via emulation and whatnot (which we've managed to get around eventually).

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    Why would GF care about the emulator's smoothness?

Yeah, I personally can't imagine them focusing on the emulator functionality when it comes to their games, either. Usually, this relates to piracy, which is something they're seemingly going out of their way to avoid. If we remember how things had went on with Black 2 and White 2, they've implemented some form of coding into those games to prevent them from being played via emulation and whatnot (which we've managed to get around eventually).

yeah, i was talking about Piracy. of course all of their games will be decoded and fooled around with untill it literaly cannot be messed around with anymore. keeping the games written in pure machine code certainly helps with the encryptability, but it's just a matter of time before we uncover all their secrets.

still, the hackerspace on pokemon is acutaly pretty incredible, and if you ask me, makes the games more marketable.
    GF IMO is trying to retain as much money to feed nintendo for their recent flops/unsound financial standpoint. i bet if they dropped nintendo as a partner, and became solely a Mobile developer, Nintendo would loose most of it's income.

Also: Poke-engine6 purchases?
    what if they just released the code to be open to the world? imagine Steam Engine 2 hacking, but for pokemon?

on the discussion of DPP, "God does not play dice with the universe". if they truly had no schedules, then GF would have been bankrupt after gen5. there is no way they dont have people already developing Poke-engine 7 for whatever platform is next. i highly doubt they dont have the hard basis of the code written up, and havent thrown out some rendering demos.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I've seen this coming forever literally in my mind next is new region then sinnoh remakes keke
    Mega Infernape...Mega Torterra..Mega Empoleon...theyll kill everyone
    These were actually some of my favs and when the remake comes out i wonder what theyll change like they did in ORAS hmmm

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I can see it coming out in the next region or 2. If it does come out during generation 7, I hope that all the starters will get a mega evolution; and if not all, then at least the Johto and Sinnoh starters. Personally I think it would be great actually if they remade it next gen. But who knows. It could be later than what I expect.

Years
  • I can see it coming out in the next region or 2. If it does come out during generation 7, I hope that all the starters will get a mega evolution; and if not all, then at least the Johto and Sinnoh starters. Personally I think it would be great actually if they remade it next gen. But who knows. It could be later than what I expect.

Considering that they've been remaking games every five years now (2004 FrLg, 2009 HgSs, 2014 OrAs) DP in 2019 or even 2020 seems likely.
    They could make Gen VI be the Johto to Kalos and also have Johto starters and their Megas like Kalos had Kanto starters and their Megas. Then when DP remakes come out they have Sinnoh Megas, leaving Unova (unless if they don't give Kalos' Megas) without Megas, but it'll hint heavily at Unova remakes down the road.

My ideal and expected timeline is
    2016-Z
    2017-Gen VII
    2018- Third version
    2019/2020-DP remakes.

Maybe add Kanto remakes either in 2019/2020 or 2021 to finish Gen VII.

Nakala Pri

So far, the Game Freak loop has been: New Gen, Sequel, Remake, right? So I guess the next one is New Gen! :D To me, a remade Sinnoh game wouldn't make sense. I reckon we'll have to wait a bit before we get our hopes up.

But I'd love a Sinnoh remake! I want to replay Pokemon Pearl but for some reason I kinda feel reluctant after I tasted the glory of animated sprites and 3D models. :( (I'm sort of biased since I want to see Candice in 3D) <3

Years
  • Personally, I've never played the Sinnoh region due to the games not being available after I got my 3ds. I'd definitly like to see remakes of them, but hopefuly they wount be as stupidly easy as Alpha Sapphire was.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • No, don't talk about game freak ruining my favourite game of the series. 6th gen, for me, has been the worst yet, it's gotten too easy. I don't want that happening to 4th gen too, it's just too good. When they do, however, create these remakes, I would like for them to stay as close to the originals as possible, preferably more like platinum. It would be great to be just a 3D version of Platinum, just you catch Palkia/Dialga instead XD

Have you tried turning off the Exp. Share? It's done wonders to my appetite for grinding!

Last edited:

Years
  • So far, the Game Freak loop has been: New Gen, Sequel, Remake, right? So I guess the next one is New Gen! :D To me, a remade Sinnoh game wouldn't make sense. I reckon we'll have to wait a bit before we get our hopes up.

But I'd love a Sinnoh remake! I want to replay Pokemon Pearl but for some reason I kinda feel reluctant after I tasted the glory of animated sprites and 3D models. :( (I'm sort of biased since I want to see Candice in 3D) <3

That's not really the loop seeing how none of the remakes came directly after sequels (only HgSs came after a third version). The solid patterns are: remakes every 5 years, and the 8,10,12...patterns which should be 14 years between DP and their remakes. Though as I said the 14 and 5 will conflict with one another. However since Gen's I,II, and III had 3 years between one another but IV had 4 it wouldn't be surprising if it's remake was at least a year apart from the rest. So 2020 seems like a good date. Or a 2019-2020 New year's Eve/New Year's release xD.

I hope Mega/Primal Palkia will have larger wings and more of a visible mouth.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • There definitely seems to be a correlation with the release of remakes, which seems to be every 5 years give or take.

FRLG - 2004
    HGSS - 2009
    ORAS - 2014

Going by this release pattern and assuming they do plan to remake Diamond & Pearl, I'd say we could be seeing DP Remakes around Summer 2019? I'd predict this would be amongst the final games for Generation VII.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I'm looking forward to a Sinnoh remake 'cause I never really played that game before. Or at least, never finished it. ^^

And I wonder if they'll use Primal Dialga from PMD as Dialga's primal form.
    (...nah)

Back