• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sky High: Flying-Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    about time i join the new flying type club! :3
    Username: Avishka
    Partner Pokemon: Articuno
    Reason for Joining: bcuz I was the owner of the last flying type club. They are one of the majestic and elegant Types. Which flying type is not majestic? <33 The flying types have a large variety of colours <33 especially Ho-Oh and also bcuz birds can fly and explore the woorld~~ ;p
    Answer the Current Topic:
    What is your Favorite Flying Type Pokemon and Why?
    Articuno aka freezer xD
    Just look at articuno it looks so elegant and awesome and the three feathers on his head kinda looks like a crown or something Imo :p
    And also bcuz its magnificent, translucent wings are said to be made of ice.

UltraWing

teleporting shiny staraviva
    Years
  • Username: UltraWing
    Partner Pokemon: staravia(shiny)
    Reason for Joining: well it dates back to 2006 i got pokemon fire red as gift from my sister. the 1st pokemon i caught was a shiny pidgey and i loved flying types ever since. its an under rated type
    the answer IS my profile picture and staravia has a strange charm to me and i dont know why i like it so much starly was cute to me staravia has the charm ans staraptor was so f**king cool its just indescribable

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I'll supply one:

What Flying-type Pokémon would you give an evolution or pre-evolution?

Personally I'd give Swellow one that boosts its attack slightly.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • What Flying-type Pokémon would you give an evolution or pre-evolution?

Tropius. I've always liked it, but it could use a pre-evolution. Maybe that way they could beef its stats a little :)

EDIT: For the next topic, Let's do the good, old topic of building an all-Flying team.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2014
    Username: UNOVA=flyingtypes

Partner Pokemon: Swanna

Reason for joining: Flying types are AWESOME. Most of them are boasting incredible speed and good attack which is just my play style. I was looking for a flying type that related to my state or country and it turns out that Swanna, or the swan, is on the coat of arms of my state. So i tried her out in Pokemon white and loved her! she was very useful, i managed to fit Swoobat in my team as well.

Do I use flying type Pokemon competitively: Yes i do, and they are very useful for killing anything without a high defense. And with their great speed, they can usually get crazy amounts of damage off before dying. And roost just heals anything they lost.

The flying type rules the air, sooner or later it will rule the rest of the WORLD!!!!

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Oop, I haven't really kept myself updated with this club D:

What Flying-type Pokémon would you give an evolution or pre-evolution?

I agree with Superstrength and Wicked3DS on Swellow and Tropius, since the lack of a third stage on the Taillow family just kinda makes it seem off, considering just about all starter birds have an evolutionary line consisting of 3 Pokemon (apart from Hoot-hoot, so that's also one I'd like to see gain an evolution). With Tropius, it's mainly because I honestly don't like one stage families. Evolution is one of my favourite things about the Pokemon franchise, and if certain Pokemon lack evolutions, they just come off as boring to me D: And Tropius could definitely look like a second or third stage evolution, though I think its stats might have to be altered a bit to accommodate for that.

And following that, I'd also really like to see Skarmory gain a pre-evolution, and Delibird an evolution, since, again, I don't like one stage families. And as it stands, Delibird is honestly kind of weak, so an evolution definitely wouldn't hurt it :D

Other than that, I can't really think of any specific Pokemon. I was kinda thinking a middle stage between Magikarp and Gyarados, but that would ruin the entire concept of the evolution, so nope ;D

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Delibird definitely needs an evolution, it's very weak and I think it would be nice to give it some attention (it never has been very popular, at least to my knowledge). A Skarmory pre-evo would be a cute addition as well I think.

Years
  • I am so down for a Skarmory pre-evo.. heck, or even a mega form for Skarmory itself. [: It's a really useful Pokemon competitively but I'd love more of a reason to use it in-game since in that regard it is fairly mediocre. Or was for me! ;_;

Gh0stFlame

The Fire/Ghost type pokemon
    Years
  • Sign-Up Form:
    Username: DJ
    Partner Pokemon: Rayquaza (Ryū)
    Reason for Joining: Though I may never get off the ground again, I can at least be able to fly in game.
    Answer the Current Topic: I don't have a favourite flying type because i like them all! but i would say Mega Charizard Y and Rayquaza... HANDS DOWN are my favourite

Arrow

I'd like to be a tree :3
    Years
  • Username: Farred Sky (it might be changed to Arrow soon)
    Partner Pokemon: Chatot
    Reason for Joining: Is loving Flying types enough justice?

Favourite Flying type and why?

I've only recently realized just how much I love Chatot. I know that there's nothing too special about it, aside from Chatter, but god I love this Pokemon.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • To be honest, I'd probably use Chatot even if it didn't have chatter, just because I love parrots so much in real life, and it's got a cute design.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I am so down for a Skarmory pre-evo.. heck, or even a mega form for Skarmory itself. [: It's a really useful Pokemon competitively but I'd love more of a reason to use it in-game since in that regard it is fairly mediocre. Or was for me! ;_;

Yeahh, it'd definitely be amazing to see a pre-evolution for Skarmory. :o I could see it resembling Pokémon like Pidgey, Spearow, and Starly, but only with metallic body structure; cute and tough-looking at the same time, haha. Would be pretty cool to see an evolution for it, too. They don't really have to give much stats boost, since Skarmory is strong enough as it is. Design-wise, though, it'd be nice to see what they could possibly come up with.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • If Skarmory did get a pre-evolution, I'd like to see it be a pure Flying-type. I can't imagine it being Normal/Flying, since it's going to grow up into Steel-type.

Treetwig

Banned for being awesome
    Years
  • Username:treetwig
    Partner Pokemon:Staraptor
    Reason for Joining:I'm a big fan of flying types!!

Staraptor!Who cant say no with it's Gravity defying bangs?

Do you use Flying Type Pokemon competitively?
    Talonflame+Swords dance+Focus sash=OU

Wicked3DS

Years
  • I think it would be a small bird with the same coloring that looks something like Pidgey or Starly, not sure if I'd keep it Steel from the start or not. Why would you not want it to be Steel right off the bat?

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I think it would be a small bird with the same coloring that looks something like Pidgey or Starly, not sure if I'd keep it Steel from the start or not. Why would you not want it to be Steel right off the bat?
    Since young birds grow into their feathers, and Skarmory has feathers made from steel :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back