• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Skymin's Arts

What do you think?

• YAY!

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Nay...

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Skymin's Arts

Well, I kind of realised I don't actually have a gallery here. I mean, I USED to, but you know. I just stopped. But, in any case, I wanted to post a bunch of arts here to show all you guys just how much of a cool guy I really am.

I do have a deviantart, but I rarely upload to there anymore. Nowadays, my art goes up infrequently on my tumblr, my PC blog or the image gallery on my profile. I do draw like everyday, but it usually stays in my notepad or in my diary or never sees the light of day as I constantly delete stuff when I draw on SAI.

EDIT: I created an art blog if anyone is interested that I plan on updating frequently. You can view it at https://maddydraws.blogspot.com

But, to make things convenient, I'll post a bunch of cool pictures up here for everyone to see. My style is influenced by a number of different places, most obviously Japanese styled manga (notably Kazue Kato, creator of Blue Exorcist. Her style is so unique and wonderful). I often find inspiration from other artists such as Bryan Lee O'Malley (creator of Scott Pilgrim), purplekecleon (just another Pokémon/whatever else she does artist), Jeong-Kuk (an artist with an amazing style) as well as other artist who are my dear friends, such as Lily, EQ, Kai, Cassino, Dena, Kina and others who I still love, but I can't remember right now because I'm lazy and all this linking is killing my hands.

Okay, so I'll stick my art here now;

23/1/12 update:
    sketchy oakley and popsicle
    action oakley

12/1/12 update:
    crepuscular
    strange man
    playing games
    older oakley

15/12/11 update:
    oakley's playlist

21/11/11 update:
    iphone skyrim inspired

31/10/11 update:
    Gaia face
    for a friend

Various shenanigans:
    Spoiler:

Characters and stuff for various roleplays:
    Spoiler:

Stuff that's a little too big to stick on this thread:
    My music meme
    Nuzlocke challenge

Last edited:

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Yay, Maddy made a thing! :D

I dunno if I ever told you this but what I really like most about your style is that it's always yours even though influences are evident. There's something kind of happy and carefree and kind of alive about it, too, somehow. I enjoy that. :3

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Yeah, you really are a cool guy, Skyman.
    And yay, art thread!

Well, Winifred kinda scares me (lol) and your art style is different, but I likes it, even if it could improve (we all can always use some improvement! Especially my art, it sucks X3). I have a few critiques for you: Some things aren't proportianate/realistic, but I know it's not supposed to be extremely realistic, so w/e about that, but some lines are off/a bit too straight and everything(Ex: pic #...4 in your characters, the one visible hand just doesn't look right.). There's other things, but I'm not going to rip everything apart and kill your artistic hopes and dreams, little Madeleine! XD
    It's likely a bit biased, but I vote NAY... I mean, YAY!

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Yay, Maddy made a thing! :D

I dunno if I ever told you this but what I really like most about your style is that it's always yours even though influences are evident. There's something kind of happy and carefree and kind of alive about it, too, somehow. I enjoy that. :3
    Thanks Kina! It really lights up my day reading that. XD

Oh god, I totally didn't add you to my friends who inspire me *goes to do so after this post*

Because you do! I love to see the happiness and inspiration and style that just oozes from your work. It's not hard to see that you really like/love/whatever your partner. XD

Yeah, you really are a cool guy, Skyman.
    And yay, art thread!

Well, Winifred kinda scares me (lol) and your art style is different, but I likes it, even if it could improve (we all can always use some improvement! Especially my art, it sucks X3). I have a few critiques for you: Some things aren't proportianate/realistic, but I know it's not supposed to be extremely realistic, so w/e about that, but some lines are off/a bit too straight and everything(Ex: pic #...4 in your characters, the one visible hand just doesn't look right.). There's other things, but I'm not going to rip everything apart and kill your artistic hopes and dreams, little Madeleine! XD
    It's likely a bit biased, but I vote NAY... I mean, YAY!
    Yeah, Winifred's a demon. She's meant to be a little crazy. The scanner kind of ruined that one, but i still like it. XD

You mean the spikey hands on Adelle the flat-chested one? Yeah bru, most of my art nowadays is a sketchy style. Though I find if i spend too much time on a particular part of the body, it just all messes up. So I spend as little time on hands as possible. d:

And you spelt my name wrong bru

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    D'aww, thanks - and you're welcome, too! :3

Partner? Man, I wish. Only time will tell, but I hope I can be his partner, lol. The universe could not concoct another entity like that man's soul. God I'm such a sap X3

Nakuzami

Years
  • This thread needs more love, Madelaine~!

Well, on your most recent pictures:
    The first one is pretty good. :D The look in her eyes makes it that much better, too~!
    The second one is a bit odd looking, but rather interesting... in a good way. :3

입치트

Light up the night!
    Years
    • Age 13
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    I love all of your stuff, especially the consistency in your style. Your coloring has improved so much over the years as well, I really love the painterly look you have going on in some of these. I miss those days when we used to iscribble too. :C

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Aww, thank you lileee. :') I miss it much too WHY DONT WE DO IT ANYMORE!?!?!? maybe we should get tegaki messenger? idk, i havent tried it yet.

another update! this one was inspired my overdose of skyrim. drawn with the brushes app on my iphone.

Skymin's Arts

Years
  • Hey Skymin! x3 Nice to see your work! ^..^

I'll give some crit for your latest picture!
    Spoiler:

Now, lets start off with something nice!
    I like warm, golden color of the eyes! It's very nice, and I just really like browns with golden colors. =] It's a nice touch.

My issue when looking at this picture is the hair. It's a very light tint of yellow. o..o It almost has the same value as the skin tone of the girl. Maybe that was why I looked at it and had an issue, or maybe it was the color and the cyan background that borders it. I would have perhaps chosen a colder blue shade than a cyan, or added an outline between the background and the hair (and possibly, the face).

You're shading is pretty good, I just would have loved to see more darker shades or more shading in the hair. xD I can see the area that's a shadow of the hair, I just think that the hair is really bright and could use some shades.

Other than that, pretty sweet work! *dA watches* =] I'll be waiting for more excellent pictures!​

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Hey Skymin! x3 Nice to see your work! ^..^

I'll give some crit for your latest picture!
    Spoiler:

Now, lets start off with something nice!
    I like warm, golden color of the eyes! It's very nice, and I just really like browns with golden colors. =] It's a nice touch.

My issue when looking at this picture is the hair. It's a very light tint of yellow. o..o It almost has the same value as the skin tone of the girl. Maybe that was why I looked at it and had an issue, or maybe it was the color and the cyan background that borders it. I would have perhaps chosen a colder blue shade than a cyan, or added an outline between the background and the hair (and possibly, the face).

You're shading is pretty good, I just would have loved to see more darker shades or more shading in the hair. xD I can see the area that's a shadow of the hair, I just think that the hair is really bright and could use some shades.

Other than that, pretty sweet work! *dA watches* =] I'll be waiting for more excellent pictures!​
    Why thanks! It's really nice to hear some stuff from the mod <: JUST WARMS MAH HART.

I see what you mean, but the hair is meant to be very light! The original yellow was a little shade darker but I was trying to make it very white, trying to emphasise the snow (since Skyrim is extremely snowy. d:)

Yeah haha. I had originally planned for more darker shades but because the app was a little restrictive, I couldn't add any more shading without it looking really weird. Shading yellow to purple without some advanced editing is... well, it kinda turns out orangey. But really, thanks! I'll try for some more contrasted shading next time, but I'll use Sai instead of my iPhone since god that was so hard. d:

THANKS GUY!!!

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    this sucks

Nah, just kidding. Your art rocks. :D I like the recent brushes app pic, looks really beautiful. Jumping on the Skyrim bandwagon lol

Also, loved this pic-

Skymin's Arts

Idk, this reaaaaaally reminds me of something, can't remember what though. xD I really like the detail in that :P

Also-

Skymin's Arts

lol steampunk era Pikachu? xD

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    bored at midnight, i decided to draw a crappy album cover for my playlist for my character.

needs more colours and probably more attention to detail, but overall i like her smile.
    Skymin's Arts

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Whoa, Skymin. I didn't you could draw this good. You're awesome! You can RP really good, your art is neat... What else?
    I'm pretty good at sleeping, eating and I can hold my own in a game of Monopoly.

Haha, but thank you! In all seriousness, I also can play cello, clarinet, double bass and bass guitar.

Nakuzami

Years
  • Idk, this reaaaaaally reminds me of something, can't remember what though. xD I really like the detail in that :P

Also-

Skymin's Arts

lol steampunk era Pikachu? xD

Um, perhaps it reminds you, of, I dunno, Skymin in real life, just more epic? xD

And yes, I believe Skymin drew that for a RP . . . Steampunk'd that I remember seeing a long time ago . . . I remember that I very nearly signed up for it, but I decided against it. I also had no idea whom Skymin was at the time, and I think she had a Scott Pilgrim theme going. /how da fudge do I remember all this?

Your latest picture of Oakley (I saw it on FB first, but was too lazy to actually look at it xP) is pretty good. Although . . . hm . . . I'm not sure, at first I thought the hand might have looked disproportionate to the head, but I don't think that's it. Hm . . . I must ponder this.

And, you know I would be way better at eating and sleeping than you. I CHALLANGE YOU, MADELAINE!!

Heeeeeeeeeey, have you ever drawn Harley? I . . . well, I think she was in a sketch that you drew of all our characters in the original *Focus Shift (lol . . . I remember that naow) but . . . maybe you should draw her again? Lol
    *Speaking of which, Ichiro's lazy butt just gave up on the sequel :'C

Back