• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sleep Patterns!

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
  • What are your sleep patterns like? Do you get the recommended 8 hours sleep a night, and if not, how does your time spent sleeping affect you? Do you tend to wake up whilst sleeping or fall asleep during the day a lot?

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I get 8 hours of sleep every night...

When I wake up I rest in my bed for a couple of seconds then climb out of bed to see the bright light of the bathroom that wakes me up... And no I don't sleep during the day.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I tend to stay up to 12:30 or 1, unfortunately I end up waking up late at like 9:30. I gotta try going to bed earlier so I can wake up later.

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    I usually stay up until 10:00 PM since it takes me a while to fall asleep, and I wake up at 6:30.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I'm both an early bird and a night owl. I usually get about 7-9 hours of sleep though. Some times I sleep from 21:00 to 5:00 sometimes as well when I have a bad migraine.

I do have broken sleep occasionally, which can be quite irritating.

Years
  • My sleep patterns have been getting better as of late, but it's really easy to screw them up. >_<

I get up around 7:15-7:45 on work days. Therefore, even on my days off, I can't sleep in any longer than 10 anymore. When I go to sleep varies a lot. If I didn't nap that day, I can go as early as 10PM and I reaaaaally try to. If I nap, I'll be in bed by midnight... if I'm lucky. D: It all depends on the day and the sleep I got the night before, if I nap on a workday. If it's a day off I always nap...

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    My sleeping habits are horrible at a glance. I ALWAYS(unless I got super smashed/faded) stay wake up before 7 AM. Even if I go to bed at 6 AM. My body just has some sort of natural alarm clock, telling me when to get up. On weekends though, my body tends to be nicer and wakes me up at like 9-10 AM. I usually never go to bed before midnight, I just can't.

My philosophy is: I don't go to bed until I'm tired. If I don't fall asleep in ten minutes then it isn't happening. I need to get out of bed, do something else then I will try again. It doesn't work if I am trying to sleep. It also needs to be pretty cool, I can't sleep in the heat.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • When I can, I always try and get at least 8 hours. However, there are just some days where I stay up 'til 2am and need to be at school at 9am the next day. Those days are rough, but staying up to browse random, crappy websites like PC is always worth it... right?

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    I've got no specific sleep pattern. The only frequency about my sleep is the duration, which is almost 5 hours per day. Some (rare) days that I'm free I can sleep about 12 hours straight without problems.

Also, I rarely sleep during the day. I feel like I have better things to do.

Ayselipera

Ugh, no once school starts my sleeping is completely messed up. For school I have to be up at either 5 or 5:30 depending on what I have to do and I tend to go to bed at 11 or 12ish and then I usually can't fall asleep instantly so will sit in bed awake for a half hour to an hour leaving me with usually 4-5 hours of sleep. I honestly just don't even know why I do it to myself.

Since today is Friday and it's rainy and I'm dead tired and I don't have any plans for the day I took a nap and only slept about an hour till I was awoken by everyone just being loud. So now I'm awake, but groggy and I every time I move my head quickly the room moves in and out. I just am too tired to really be concerned at the moment tbh.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Usually I wake up at 7:15 for school, and I go to bad at about 12, at most (in bad cases though, it can get to 2 am to the point where it's just not done anymore to wake up at 7 am). I'd love to go to bed early, but the point is that once going to bed at 12 is your pattern, it's very hard to break because once you do that, and e.g. go to bed at 10, you'll be even more tired the next day because your pattern is disturbed.

There have been nights where I just couldn't sleep, and I was lying awake for 7 hours straight, spacing out and walking around in my room in the dark. I did go to school the 'next' day though in those cases because otherwise my whole inner clock would be messed up. When you're awake for so long and you go to school, it's like you aren't there. You get this energy boost but you are zoning out and it is very weird lol.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I sleep a bit less than 8 hours a night. I sleep at 10 PM on school nights, but wake up at 5:30 AM to use the Internet. On weekends, I sleep at midnight, but get up early to use the Intenet.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I stay up too late and don't get enough sleeeep. I tend to wake up randomly in the middle of the night too and that doesn't help. Plus it takes me a while to fall asleep even if I am tired. But yeah I'd say my sleep rituals are not very good and I hope you all have better ones than I!

Centiflora X

Thread Killer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2011
    I had to discipline myself to sleep at 10pm every night in order to guarantee that I can wake up at 6 in the morning the next day. My rhythm is easily screwed up.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
  • I go to sleep when I'm tired. I tend to stay up later on weekends, and generally have to force myself to fall asleep on schooldays because I'm not tired enough when I go to bed xD

I just sleep until I'm not tired anymore, which takes varying lengths of time but I often do get the recommended amount of sleep. I sometimes go to sleep in the day if I'm really tired or didn't get much sleep the night before, but it's rare because I'm not very good at sleeping during the day .-.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • I go to bed at 11pm and get woken up by my daughter who has lots of nightmares and sleeps in my bed.

I usually fall asleep during the day due to this

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Mine is completely random, and usually I don't get to sleep until 2:00, 3:00, sometimes not till 4:00 in the morning. I also tend to sleep late and take afternoon naps. Even with all that combined, I'm sure I'm not getting 8 hours, and since it's broken up into separate naps instead of a continous sleep, it's probably even worse for me.

BareBones

The kids are all messed up.
    Years
  • My sleeping pattern is horrible. I tend to stay up until it gets light outside and then sleep until early afternoon. If I have to get up in the morning, I tend to go to sleep around midnight, or perhaps 1:00am.

aruchan

I resent the title beginner :D
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    Here's how it almost always is:
    Weekdays: Go into bed by 11:00 - 11:15, play on iPad until 12:00, then go sleep, wake up at 7 AM (approx. 7 hrs sleep)
    Weekends: Go into bed around 12:15 AM, play on iPad, then go sleep, wake up between 9 and 11 (8 to 10 hrs sleep)

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I get between 6-8 hours of sleep. I tend to go to bed around 1-2:30AM and no matter what (even if I were to go to bed at 4AM), I always wake up within the range of 7-9AM.

I don't have an alarm clock. My door is closed, my blinds are shut tight, I'm in a pretty isolated part of the house so there's no internal noise. I just wake up then. Always have.

If I wake up at 7AM, I just can't get myself back to sleep and try to sleep in a bit. It doesn't happen. I just... lay there.

So, I try to time it so I get enough sleep and wake up at an okay time.

If I skip sleep altogether, I'm pretty okay the next day. I haven't tried that for more than a day or two though (went to sleep at the end of the second day)

Back