• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Sleepless in Pre-Battle!" Episode Discussion

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    This episode is horrible. The Japanese episode title "Cresselia vs Darkrai" is a lie. Not a great episode to end the season on, but I suppose you can't choose them. I remember the dub keeps less than 10 tracks. Piloswine's voice is good and Dawn remember's her necklace thing she bought in the 10th movie, but for some reason it doesn't actually work stopping the nightmares which they never explain why.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    Well this episode really pisses me off:

Once again, Ash and co. give Team Rocket a hard time. Don't they have any sympathy for their bond and everything that they go through. They always think they're justice.

Cresselia has that same high girly pokemon voice like Swablu and Latias.

And dawn got way too over emotional over Swinub. Really unnecessary.

At least we know when a pokemon evolves, when it bashes it's brains out.

Back in Season 1 in only hated Misty, Nurse Joy(ep 2), Sabrina, Erika. But now, the whole series fills me with disgust.

Oh, and their pokemon are way to egotistic. Too much personally when it's least needed(Croagunk).

What happened to Pokemon from the 90's..........

And once again my comment will be ignored..........Might as well.......

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I don't see why this episode is so bad.

- I noticed today how weird the police stations are designed.

- I haven't noticed that Hikari had been wearing the Lunar Wing at all.

- Junsa is making an arrest now. Awesome.

- Well, she isn't making an arret now.

- Perfect Shipping: Canalave City Junsa x Takeshi.

- And the Magikarp Submarine returns.

- Swinub is the second coming of Pachirisu.

- Takeshi is stuck under a net with Junsa. You lucky dog you.

- Their defense is unpenitrable. [/allusion]

- Okay, maybe their defense isn't so unpenitrable.

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
  • I'm tired and hungry. XD

This episode was okay. Ash got his gym battle turned down... again. Sleepy Officer Jenny and the gym guy were funny. Plus, Dawn's Swinub evolved, so that's pretty cool. The "big" Darkrai vs Crecelia fight was kind of a letdown(ram, ram again, ram again, ram agai....wait, it's over?), but you should always be prepared. PCI kept eight pieces I think, and one of those pieces they kept is one of my top favorites. It's from the tenth movie. It's the track that plays during the "big" Darkrai vs Crecelia fight. I think it was great for it to be one of the last tracks to end the season with.

Battle Dimension was great, and I can't wait to see how they handle Galactic Battle. On to the next season!

Xous

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah... This episode felt like it was in triple fast foward... I guess they can't help it when they've got to squeeze so much content into a small time frame.

Well, I didn't like how in the end Dawn just magically got out from under the net as soon as Team Rocket blasted off... Or did I blink and miss the scene in which they showed her getting out? ;/

I agree with the statement that Dawn got way, waaaaaaaaaaay too emotional over Swinub. Though, I suppose that was just a way of showing how hard it was working...? No, now I'm just trying to help their case. That was just bad. xD They could have saved time and just had it evolve instead of throwing in dramatic reaction shots.

Also, like a few others have said, the battle between Cresselia and Darkrai was... Not really epic. I didn't understand why Darkrai's legs needed to appear when it disappeared into the ground, either.

Also, the way the ending to the episode sounded... Was painful. xD It was something along the lines of "Where do you think Cresselia is going?" "Probably somewhere we don't know about." But like... 1,000x worse. Ouch, my ears. >_<

What I did like about the episode, though, was Cresselia's voice and the music piece from the 10th film... And that's about it. ^_^;

Jmath

*blank*
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2011
    Back in Season 1 in only hated Misty, Nurse Joy(ep 2), Sabrina, Erika. But now, the whole series fills me with disgust.
    Pokemon has its good episodes as well as its fair share of crappy ones. It's pointless thinking the whole series sucks based on one episode.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    This was one of those ...eh episodes.

Bad: The title made me think... a battle of Cresselia and Darkrai? I'm in! Like people said, it wasn't much of an epic battle, but what can you do with 24-30 minutes? I feel bad for Swinub but Dawn looked like Kari from Digimon when she was freaking out over it. It was a little disturbing.

Good: Cresselia's voice didn't bother me all that much. The music at the end was pretty good.

I give this episode a 7/10.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    Uhh, if they would of just cut out the every episode Team Rocket crap, we could of gotten something cool.

Years
  • Well, I chose "Cresselia vs. Darkrai" for the discussion synopsis, as I wanted to use the Japanese title and I thought it reflected the episode's theme. If the majority of you think the battle was made of fail, I can definitely change it to something else.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
  • The battle was epic fail, but I think Dawn was somewhat justified when Swinub was beating itself up. It was getting hurt, nothing was happening, and Swinub didn't seem like it was going to give up anytime soon. However, the reactions during and after the evolution weren't necessary.

It was a very 'eh' episode. Wasn't too exciting, and it just wasn't good filler. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't as good as the last episode.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I actually bothered to watch this, because it sounded more interesting then the typical episode. Come to find out that it wasn't anything to special, and I was sort of annoyed with Cresselia's voice.. xD; it looks/sounds like a bad evolution to either Latios, or Latias.

There wasn't anything too special in this episode, in my opinion.. it was just a bit misleading. I mean, it was an okay episode, I still liked it alright. I was just expecting something more, I suppose.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I saw this battle earlier today and I too thought it would have been slightly different (seeing as I do not watch the Japanese releases xD) It was a good episode, but I wish they had made the battle between Darkai and Cresselia a bit more stretched and dramatic.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The fight between Darkrai & Cresselia was lame. I wanted to see some signature moves. It was like BUMP! BUMP! Over...

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2009
    The story was alright and everyting, plus it tied in well with the game, but like most people have said the battle itself was none too thrilling

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • All in favor for Digimon, raise your hands.

I love when people comment constructively and helpfully.

This episode was alright. It was better than filler, but not big enough to be an aweosme episode just kinda: 'meh'. But why do pokemon only ever evolve when they've been really beaten up? I thought it worked the other way around? XD My ELoT:

- There obviously won't be a gym battle. The last one was two episodes ago, for pete's sake.
    - RUN! Its a heroine junkie!
    - I told you...
    - Lol, the cop got scammed! XD
    - They have a machine to make nightmares? If they're that clever, how do they fail so badly?
    - Meowth looks crazy...
    - Unprovoked attack, much? TR never even seems to get their pokemon out any more.
    - Poison jab to ass = constant win.
    - Dawn's tired...JENNY DRUGGED THEM!
    - Darkrai's here
    - damn, I was hoping that Ash had died for a second there :P
    - It's been a while since we saw the magikarp sub...
    - The entrance to the island? What, are you not on it yet, then?
    - where did Brock have that magnifying glass hidden?
    - PIPLUP has the scent? Its a PENGUIN!
    - Ooooh, a night rainbow.
    - Is is just me, or is Cresselia surprisingly fugly?
    - Oh come on, its a legendary. A NET is not going to stop it.
    - The Magikarp sub can walk?
    - Hahaha...its been a while since Ash got shocked.
    - lol, Swinub sucks.
    - Evolution on the way?
    - I bloody knew it...
    - "That's a twerp pokemon?" Its not just the fandom who notices that Ash and co only catch cuties, then?
    - So CRESSELIA couln't escpae without the help of a PILOSWINE?
    - Epic showdown coming?
    - Electromagnetic waves are like Pokemon's get out clause for whenever something doesn't make sense.
    - That 'showdown' was incredibly un-epic.

Oh, and i saw this lulz-worthy comment on the video on the tube:

Youtuber said:
    I always thought it aired in England in French

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Once again, Ash and co. give Team Rocket a hard time. Don't they have any sympathy for their bond and everything that they go through. They always think they're justice.

The good guys getting rid of the bad guys who are trying to harm Pokemon and steal their own Pokemon? My god, Wilson, what has this world come to?!?!?!

But now, the whole series fills me with disgust.

Feel free to stop watching.

What happened to Pokemon from the 90's..........

You don't have nostalgia clouding the current series, like you do for Kanto.

Anyway, I didn't enjoy this episode. If it wasn't for the evolution, despite featuring a movie legend, if would easily have fit into the pointless filler category. I also felt the animation was poorly handled despite the animation director doing a recent episode that I thought was well doen.

And I do agree with KS here that Cress' voice was annoying.

Back