• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Small Writing Competition 2019

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Small Writing Competition!
    Judged by Bay, bobandbill, and gimmepie.

Small Writing Competition 2019

Welcome everyone to the Small Writing Competition! The gist is simple - write a story based on the prompt, and submit it to the judges before the deadline.

Rules
    1.) Follow PC's rules and Fanfiction and Writing's rules.
    2.) The stories written for this competition must be completely new. In other words, they must not have been written before. You also are not allowed to post it anywhere else until judging is over. Having someone beta read your entry prior to submission in private is allowed.
    3.) You must PM your entries to all of the judges. (This is so if someone loses their PMs the others still have them and so forth). The judges in question are Bay, bobandbill, and gimmepie. You also must post in this thread when you send your PMs so we can confirm you did send us an entry.
    4.) One entry per member only, sorry.
    5.) You have until 11:59pm EDT, 9th 10th August to get your entry in.
    6.) The story can be based on Pokemon, another fandom, or be original fiction. Note the judges may not all be familiar with any other fandoms.
    7.) The entry can only be a completed one-shot as this is a small writing competition - no chaptered entries, please! There is no word limit.

Once the scores are posted and the competition is over, you may post your story in Fanfiction and Writing so that others may see it. Make sure to add [SWC] to your title if you do!

If you have any other questions, ask away!

Scoring and Prompt
    Each entry can have a maximum score of 30, with the points broken down into three categories equaling 10 points in total like in previous years. The categories are:

Spelling and Grammar
    Characterization, Plot, and Description
    Relevance to Prompt

Each participant will receive 30 points when their entry is sent in. 3rd place gets 50 points, 2nd 75 points, and 1st 100 points.

The prompt is mystery, so good luck with making use of that in your story!

Entrants

Sheep
    Cid
    Janp
    Venia Silente

Last edited:

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • I have like 300 words in. Mostly setup, fits the prompt, has screentime for a Pokémon that usually is very underappreciated, but is still not exactly what I wanted for a beginning.

Still, I do plan to take Thursday or Friday off work just in case I need the extra [FOCUS]. Because considering otherwise how heavy the last weeks have been for me at work, I'm going to miss out on some good time for proofreading at the end.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    I think i can give it a shot if i get the time, it will be something simple though

Years
  • I fear I might not be able to finish my entry on time. Similar to Venia Silente I only have few words in and it was mostly just description of the neighborhood.

Venia Silente

Years
  • I fear I might not be able to finish my entry on time. Similar to Venia Silente I only have few words in and it was mostly just description of the neighborhood.

Oh boy, do things get curioser, now I have 1.3k words but none of it are progression on the prompt side of the plot lol. It seems to have turned into a love story under my feet.

I'll see what I can do. Who knows. How does love even work? That is a mystery.

Bay

Years
  • Hi folks! Dropping by to say that you have less than 22 hours to this post to turn in your entries! We have two entries so far, the more the merrier!

If there is a chance an extension is needed, the judges will let you know!

Last edited:

Venia Silente

Years
  • Agree~ Having at least some of the weekend to dedicate to it would be nice, considering that due to extended work requirements the old tried and true method of pulling off an allnighter is ATM outside of feasibility.

Back