• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen "Smell Ya Later!": The Rival Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    There should be multiple Rivals, the character you don't pick should be your childhood friend and the other one should be like Gary/Blue, a guy that grew up in the same town as you but you have always been rivals, and you should all get your starter Pokemon at the same time, also which ever Pokemon you pick the "Gary/Blue" character will pick the starter strongest against it, and the character you don't play as will get the starter weak against yours, also the "Gary/Blue" character could join the Evil team after loosing to you in the hopes of getting there revenge on you.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • I was expecting somehting like how Chaud was to Lan in the first Megaman Battle Network game, either way, we will not know until the next CoroCoro is leaked, which will probably be tomorrow morning or friday, if not, and nothing is revealed but the legendaries (which I bet will be the only "new Pokemon" in the issue and no others revealed), we will have to wait until next months issue

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2012
    Either a rival that LOOKS like a jerk, but is later revealed to actually be supporting you with that...
    Or the complete opposite, and looks like a good friend that supports you, but it's all a trap and he actually works for the bad guys.

Actually, I'd preffer the first. Or maybe just a very good and highly competitive trainer that treats his pokemon nice and wants to be the champion like you do, except with maybe more reasons than you have.

Considering the green haired dude says "I'll surpass the champion!"... it'd be interesting if he actually challenged you once you were the champion.

hever

猿も木から落ちる
    Years
  • We've had:
    1. A pushy jerk
    2. A thief/tsundere
    3. The opposite person
    4. The overexcited kid
    5. ???

There's… a lot of archetypes to fill here. If the players are teenagers, then this rival could be some delinquent? (Nah.)

Suicidal Kid. He drags you along into a journey of chaos and all you have to do is travel around the region and battle him in order for him to stop thinking about being suicidal.

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
    Years
  • I personally want a boy rival. Mainly because I'm sexist towards my own sex and want to beat a punk little dude's -explative deleted-in' -explative deleted- off. I would actually like a comedic relief character as like a Dawn character, but more involved with the story. Kind of like the Luigi of BW.

66hunter66

Itrainespeons. :D
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2017
    I may be the only one, but I think Silver was the best rival. He starts off an arrogant jerk confused about who he is, and as you slowly beat him more and more, he starts to realize what a fool he is and comes to better himself. I also thought G/S/C was the best series to come out, because... It was just so different then all the other ones, even those that have come out already.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I may be the only one, but I think Silver was the best rival. He starts off an arrogant jerk confused about who he is, and as you slowly beat him more and more, he starts to realize what a fool he is and comes to better himself. I also thought G/S/C was the best series to come out, because... It was just so different then all the other ones, even those that have come out already.

Sorry but this thread is over a year old and no longer has any need to be posted in. Plus, your post doesn't really relate since this thread wasn't even originally about the best rival and rather who the rivals would be.

If you'd like, you can post in [URL="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=256952]the Pokemon Gaming Central thread on your favourite rival[/URL], which is currently alive. :)
    "Smell Ya Later!": The Rival Speculation Thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back