• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Smiling

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
Years
  • This is probably the corniest thread I've ever made but why do you think smiling is important? If you're wondering why I'm asking, it's because my maths teacher asked us to write half a page on it and I need some ideas.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I smile all the time. There is barely a moment where you wont catch me LMAOing in the corner of the class. Thats where I sit, and everyone just kind of migrates over there with me XD

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Frowning takes at least 80 muscles while smiling only one. Laughing before your test is actually good for you! It reduces tension and therefore making you less nervous and more confident. Also proved was smiling is a great medicine. Too bad adults laugh up to 15 times a day, compare with children who laugh 100 times a day.

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    Makes us happy and shows our emotions and it's nice for pictures - if you have nice teeth.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • ...what does smiling have to do with math class? That's what I'd like to know. XD;

Anyway, keeping a happy disposition (ie: smiling) tends to be the key to just being more cheerful in general. I've always been an optimist and smiling and keeping myself happy by not dwelling on the bad stuff is what keeps me going everyday. So smiling is very important, I suppose. As Chikara kind of said, people are usually more attracted to others who seem really happy, so you can make more friends that way too. :B

marshmello

i'm a star :)
    Years
  • I want to have nice straight teeth and im off to the orthadontist on 1st May. I can't smaile bacuse of my teeth and it is annoying. I think when i was 7 i bashed my teeth into a door without knowing i have like 3 layers of teeth at one point. I think i have 100 teeth now...........

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Smiling is evil, cold and stupid. ^_^

^^

^_____________________^

=] x] :)

Yeah, I have no right to answer the question.......

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • Yes, I think smiling is very important. It shows you are happy or cheerful and you can pass that happiness to other people. Even if you don't know then, smiling at someone can make that person happy too. Especially if they are having a bad day.

And as others said, smiling is a lot more appealing to make at than an ugly frown :3

She-Elf

Nyaa :3
    Years
  • I think smiling is important to stay positive and happy.
    I have actually never thought about it.
    I don't smile much so I think I should smile more xD But some people don't like to smile, and they look sad.
    So when you are smiling you also look happy :3
    :D

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    Smiling is very important I feel, to get anyone through the day; you won't be able to keep yourself feeling positive without being able to take humor in everyday situations.

Autaven

Gamer Girl
    Years
  • I think it probably makes you seem a lot more approachable to strangers too, they wouldn't exactly want to come and ask things/talk to someone whos frowning and looks slightly suicidal lol.
    But I don't think it's really needed or anything.. I don't really sit when I'm alone and just smile for the sake of it lol.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    Hmm...smiling...I think smiling can be good or bad. Good as in it can be done to give a sign of gratitude; bad as in people can smile, but is the person really 'smiling inside'? What I mean it is an insincere smile is not so good. :\

Years
  • Haha...that's funny. It's a tough question to answer, even if you do it all the time. ^^ But yeah, I guess because it's contagious. It's true, I always see people slowly begin to throw a smile on when they see others who they are interacting with happy.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Like other people smile to stay postive and for people to think that you are postive as well. I really dont like smiling, for reasons uknown and alot of people want to know why but only a few of my friends no the reason why I dont smile

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

bmah

B.A.M.
    Years
  • It has been tested by psychologists that simply changing facial expressions affect other people's mood. Thus, smiling will make others feel happier to some degree, even to people who are angry.

I smile a lot. It does wonders. <3

Back