• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen "Smugleaf" as Tsutaaja's English name [ #4 ]

Your thoughts on the name "Smugleaf"?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hack1

Dragon Green
Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2015
    Yes please. If not, I will name my Tsutaaja Smugleaf anyeay. But yes please!

Years
  • You guys act like everything in Black and White isn't goofy anyways. It's a children;s game, the names aren't really that important. We also have the marvelous nickname feature.

It would be a triumph. The Smugleaf meme now rivals "So I herd you liek Mudkips" in terms of popularity. Seeing it as the official name would be incredible! Any other name just wouldn't be the same. The thing that's so marvelous is that it's a name that the fanbase came up with jokingly, seeing the developers actually use it would be wonderful. Either way, the Pokemon will probably always be know as Smugleaf. It's inevitable that many people will be naming their smug grass snake Smugleaf anyways.

Last edited:

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • Smugleaf is one of the worst names I've heard for anything, ever.

Plus I'm sure Gamefreak already have an English name planned.

Years
  • i doubt Gamefreak will give it that name, mainly because it'd be obvious that they got it from the fans. they seem more creative than that...plus then fans might try to manipulate other pokemon's names D:

aguinn99

Im a firin mah lazor
    Years
  • I know I voted I dont care,but now I think smugleaf is almost as bad as jinx:
    "Smugleaf" as Tsutaaja's English name [ #4 ]
    the name, and it might look as bad based on the name.it could almost be as bad as...see for yourself,becuese I will not say anything about this freak except that its a freak.
    "Smugleaf" as Tsutaaja's English name [ #4 ]

Xatumi

Mech-Zoid
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2014
    Reptail + Royalte + Majestile

Those are my choices.

Reptile + Royal/Majesty

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
  • Smugleaf is okay.

But I hate the name Wotter. It's so childish and idiotic.

I can live with Smugleaf, but if Mijumaru ends up being "Wotter" then I'm gonna be butthurt.

Petemon

GO Abra
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    Smugleaf hmmn it sounds like a treeko if im honest but i do think its a happy version of treeko i wouldn't mind it being called smugleaf

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
  • Nope, I would object. But not to a large extent.
    If it turns out to be 'Smugleaf', I really don't mind and I'll get used to it after a while.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Honestly, if the name really did become Smugleaf...

That'd be the most freakin cool thing Nintendo of America has ever done. I really wish it could be Smugleaf, because that's the name that really stuck already.

And if it is different, I'm still gonna call it Smugleaf~

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • If Nintendo deemed Smugleaf as Tsutaaja's Official English name. I would cry joyful manly tears.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back